5.0 out of 5 stars A year later still a favorite
Published on July 9, 2009 by K. Clark

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to like it. . .
Published on September 4, 2011 by Elyssa

5.0 out of 5 stars A year later still a favorite, July 9, 2009
This review is from: Bruder MAN Fire Engine (Toy)
This is my son's favorite fire truck, and he knows a good fire truck when he sees one. It has held up AMAZINGLY to the rough and tumble play of a three year old. The ladder extends and retracts, the hose actually can shoot water, should you choose to show your child. Unfortunately my son figured it himself and has extinguished many a "fires" throughout our home. Worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great toy for a firefighter to give to his grandson, July 23, 2010
dimitri p. (Melbourne Beach Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bruder MAN Fire Engine (Toy)
The size of this truck is impressive, I am a firefighter and have many other fire trucks and fire vehicles in scales from 1:64 to 1:18. Size-wise this one puts all the others to shame, and has a lot more features than a comparable Tonka toy. I also bought the fire service crane truck so they look pretty impressive side by side on the floor in my home office. Everything works great on it. It is a bit pricey but but I feel worth the price with all the features it has. I bought this truck for my 5 month-old grandson. Since the product description lists ages 4+ I will take care of it really well for the next 3 1/2 years :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Little Firefighter, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Bruder MAN Fire Engine (Toy)
We bought this for our five year old nephew for christmas. He was absolutely smitten with it, and we knew it was his favorite gift for sure when we asked his dad if he could sleep with it that night. We bought this truck because: a) it was bigger than other fire trucks out there, and size was important to my nephew, b) the hose shoots out real water, a feature that is extremely hard to find, and c) it has flashing lights and makes noises. Also, we liked that the ladders were moveable. My nephew raced it around the house all day and all night long, and never got tired of it.

At least one other reviewer commented that the sirens were not loud enough. However, I actually thought that they were perfect in terms of the amount of noise they generated. Before purchasing it, I was a bit worried that my brother and sister in law would hate me for buying yet another annoying noise-making toy, but the volume on the siren is loud enough that my nephew felt like he was a real fireman, but not loud enough to drive his parents to drink.

We waited a few hours and then (after getting his parents' approval, doing a little disaster control) showed him how to fill up the water tank so he could use the hose to extinguish his "fires". He could not get enough of the hose feature! Moreover, it was extremely easy to refill.

Positives:
-realistic noises, that wont drive the parents crazy
-authentic feel and look
-comes with two different color light bulbs that flash when turned on, orange and blue
-larger than many other fire trucks
-easy to fill up water tank and to use water pump
-no assembly necessary and comes out of box easily (I once gave my friend's son a fire truck that was a nightmare just to get out of the box and then took 2 hours to assemble with 25 steps)
-plastic (some reviewers complained about this not being metal, but I liked this fact, given you fill it with water and it could be left in the yard outside and exposed to rain and rust, also, it makes it lighter and easier for tots to lift)

Negatives:
-there are no instructions (but you really can figure out the water and ladder mechanisms easily without much effort)
-comes with a page full of stickers that say "firemen" in several languages, that are intended to be stuck on the front of the truck at the top. Unfortunately, in my case, the dutch version was already stuck on the firetruck when we took it out of the package
-pricey (but then again, you get what you pay for!)

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to like it. . ., September 4, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Bruder MAN Fire Engine (Toy)
I searched and searched for the perfect fire truck for my little guy. The price of this was quite a splurge for me, but I wanted him to have something I thought was special. Well, he likes it. So that part is good. But I cannot believe it costs what it costs. The quality is sincerely lacking. Every time I look at a new broken piece of this thing, I feel a bit more ripped off.

That is a shame, because it was like Christmas for me when it was delivered. I was that excited. Since then, both ladders, the hose, and a couple other small pieces have broken. And my son was not overly rough with it. I see on the Bruder site I can order replacement parts, so I will probably break down and do that (pun intended), since the ladder and hose used to be the two favorite features for my son.

I believe the first piece broke after about a month. We haven't even had it a year yet and it's in a really sad state. And it doesn't even receive particularly heavy use.

Anyhow, I truly wanted to love this truck. I love that my son loves it. I hate watching his disappointment when pieces break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, February 12, 2010
Made in Germany - says it all. My 4-year old son has yet to destroy it! This thing actually pumps water out of the hose and has several other great removable features that you would never know by looking at it. My son loves it - a truly great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bruder firetruck rocks!, January 28, 2008
Grammie Books (Chelsea, ME United States) - See all my reviews
If your child likes firetrucks, he or she will love this truck. The details are unbelieveable! I would recommend this truck only if your child takes good care of toys. It will last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your kid will love it, December 27, 2009
As with other Bruder trucks, the details can't be beat. Ladder raises, hose winds and lights and sounds are great. My son's favorite toy from Christmas. As other reviews have said, with the fine details comes the risk of breakage. Definitely not for any child younger than three or any child who beats up his toys.

4.0 out of 5 stars great toy - VERY quiet, January 30, 2010
This review is from: Bruder MAN Fire Engine (Toy)
This is a great toy. My 2 year old was very excited to get it for Christmas. It squirts water surprisingly well, and the ladders are realistic and work well - though I get the feeling they might be broken too easily if played with roughly. For instance, the main ladder can be pulled out, but you have to turn the little wheel to reel it back in. My son understands this and can do it, and he is also fairly gentle with his toys. If that wasn't the case, and he tried to push the ladder back in forcibly, I think it might break. The truck also has lights and noises, and the sounds are very, very quiet. Too quiet. But if you have lots of really loud toys, you may actually appreciate having one that doesn't scream at you! All in all, it's a fun toy, and a great gift. In terms of educational value, I initially gave it 2 stars because - well, it's just a firetruck. But after some thought, I added a star simply because mechanically, the truck is so realistic - with gears, etc. for the ladders. Very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but probably worth it, January 19, 2010
Chuck (East Falmouth, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bruder MAN Fire Engine (Toy)
This was purchased as a Christmas gift for my 3 1/2 year old grandson. I looked hard for a fire truck made of steel but was unable to find one except on eBay (which became very much too expensive as it was collectable). The features on the Bruder toy all worked well and plastic seems to be relatively durable, although I would have preferred steel. We also gave my grandson a DVD (compatible with his age group) about fire and rescue. The two complemented each other well. I think the toy would have been enhanced if a couple of firemen figures were included with the truck. Overall, I am not disappointed with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great water fire trunk, February 1, 2010
This review is from: Bruder MAN Fire Engine (Toy)
It squirts real water and my boys love it. The lights can be changed, which is cool, but not when your children misplace them. The truck is large and the ladder reaches very high up. (sorry cannot give you any measurments.) This product is on the expensive side but very awesome.

Bruder MAN Fire Engine