5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for toddlers
My 2 year old immediately loved this book. We take it to the bathroom and he looks at it while I brush his teeth and he practices on the pop up pictures. He shows everyone who comes to the house this book and talks about the pop up animals and how to brush. I highly recommend this book to any parent having problems getting their small kids used to brushing and flossing.
Published on October 16, 2001 by L. B. Meadows

3.0 out of 5 stars A Hit WIth My 1 Year Old, BUT....
Published on July 9, 2008 by Bioluminescence

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for toddlers, October 16, 2001
L. B. Meadows (Spring, Texas USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The best brushing motivator ever - encourages imitation!, November 19, 1998
By A Customer
The age range for this book should be changed to ages 2 and up. My daughter loves to brush like a hippo and floss like a shark. This is the best book on teeth brushing I've ever seen. This is a great book to give as a gift to every toddler you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, July 20, 2004
My 2 1/2 year old daughter wasn't being cooperative with having her teeth brushed until we got her this book. She loved it from the very beginning and repeatedly asked to read her "animal book". Her favorite is the shark who flosses. This book has been a tremendous success in helping us to teach our daughter to brush her teeth. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brush Brush Brush, February 23, 2004
Galla Purwin (Tucson, Arizona) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic way to get children to brush their teeth. My 2 1/2 year old daughter likes to brush her teeth but after we got this book she now LOVES to brush her teeth "like the lion!" This is a must have book!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Hit WIth My 1 Year Old, BUT...., July 9, 2008
I used to work in a book store, and as far as I've seen this is by far the best teeth-brushing book on the market for wee littles. HOWEVER, I dislike the text and modify it. Surely you can have a book showing animals brushing their teeth without teaching them something untrue about science. I know I will get poo pooed by less sensitive parents, but why lie to your kid when you don't have to? I change each kind of an animal to an individual: ie, "Every lion brushes every tooth every day," becomes "Lion brushes..." Likewise, the repeated "Shouldn't you?" really grates on me. I skip it or say, "Can you?" I mean, which makes you more likely to do things, feelings of shame/obligation, or competance/being challenged?

All the moving parts work well in my copy. Several move in a way that are very difficult for little hands. One of the toothbrushes got ripped out when I let the baby hold the book for a moment by herself. I don't see this as a problem, as long as you categorize this as an activity requiring adult assistance. You can let your little one floss the shark's teeth and manipulate the moving parts on a couple of other "easier" pages as young as 1 year.

I would recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars proud of her teeth and smile, March 31, 2001
C. vankeulen (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This is one of my daughter's favorite books. We started reading the book with her, after we started brushing her teeth. She loves to brush the animals teeth, will use the lion's brush to brush mommy's or daddy's teeth and her own, and proudly shows her own teeth and smile in the mirror on the last page.
It would be great if each child who is starting brushing his/her teeth could have this book for him/herself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool book, February 22, 2005
Excellent book but was sad that the brushes tore out too easily. My son is 2 yrs old tho & doesn't stand up to his torture. He loves the book tho & like to brush the animal's teeth & sometimes uses the book's brush for his...

3.0 out of 5 stars Great start, but needs more quality built in, November 16, 2006
My son (nearly 3) was resisting teeth brushing, so I decided to try this book. He loved the story and we were able to reference the characters in the book while brushing teeth. That seemed to help. The reason I didn't give it a better score was because of the poor quality of the moving items in the book. Most moving parts were difficult to move and the part on the last page simply would NOT move. Almost all pages are broken to some extent after 1 week of use. He still likes the book, but I'm a little dissapointed now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book for my 2 year old!, December 3, 2009
I cannot say enough about this book. The book actually has a pop-up animal's mouth on every page and a movable tooth brush on each page as well. Each page lets you move the toothbrush a different way and one page even has a sturdy board book toothbrush attached by a string that you can use to brush the teeth of the lion. Another page has a big shark mouth with strings to floss his teeth. My 2 y/o would not let me brush her teeth. She loves to "brush" her own teeth, which consists of ineffectively moving the brush around and sucking the toothpaste and water off the brush. She would scream and have a fit when I tried brushing her teeth. Bribing her with a potty DVD helped but what has made the task even more manageable and even fun is this book. Whenever we go to brush she requests that I read it while she brushes and then she lets me brush her teeth. The best part is that she is getting better at brushing her own teeth bc, thanks to this clever book, she is able to see and understand what she is supposed to do. I just have to remind her get those back teeth like the hippo. And of course the fact that it's animals keeps her totally engaged. So clever, thank you to Reader's Digest for an invaluable book!

4.0 out of 5 stars found the solution, May 17, 2012
my 2 and half year old refused to brush her teeth and she did it by not opening her mouth and shaking her head. once we showed her the book she couldn't stop playing with it, she would brush the hippo's teeth, gorilla's teeth and we would brush hers. it's been working since the 2nd day we got the book. my only complaint is that the book isn't very durable, i already had to fix a "broken toothbrush" attached. otherwise i give it 5 star.

Brush Your Teeth, Please: A Pop-up Book
Brush Your Teeth, Please: A Pop-up Book by Leslie McGuire (Hardcover - December 3, 2013)
$14.99 $11.47