- "Ruggiero has written a very entertaining apocalyptic novel that presents an entirely possible pandemic scenario through a cast of interesting and likeable characters. Bring on the sequel!"--apocalypticfiction.com
- "The rapid "brushfire" nature of this plague sets the tone for the story. It makes it fast. Action-packed. While it's a book that looks at what would happen to society if such a plague hit, the heart of the story lies in the characters. Cooper is an average American husband and father that becomes driven by instinct to survive. He finds himself in extraordinary circumstances where he is both a hero ... and a killer...Brushfire is tight."--shtfblog.com
- "Very well written, descriptive and character driven. Unlike some "prepper" novels i have read, this one had great detail, from the smells of a burning city to the inner thoughts of a man losing his wife, I was very impressed."--greatnorthernprepper.com
- "So it is my pleasure to recommend Brushfire Plague by R.P. Ruggiero. Frankly, this book is a refreshing departure from the spate of "survivalist" books on the market...The book is written in a very engaging style...The plot is conceivable, and the characters are credible. Mr. Ruggiero captures both the flaws and perfection of our human nature."--salvationandsurvival.com
- "Brushfire Plague is a true gem, with well developed characters and a rapidly moving and totally believable plot line. Ruggiero has emerged as possibly the best writer in the genre."--Paul Lathrop, Politics and Guns podcast.
From the Author
But, most importantly, has been hearing from readers of all stripes who've engaged with the characters, laughed and cried with them, and are eagerly awaiting the sequel to hear what will happen next with Cooper, Jake, Dranko, and the rest!
--"...R.P. Ruggiero checks in with an action-packed and realistic novel of what happens when a fast-moving and highly-lethal virus overwhelms suburban Portland, Oregon and the rest of the world. Lots to enjoy here, and lots to learn about prepping too, and how to handle yourself and the situations that unfold when society is breaking down from the effects of a relentless disaster. Grab a copy of the book and settle in for a great read. Thumbs up!"--shruggingitout.com (podcast)
--"By chapter 2, I was hooked. Brushfire Plague is definitely a page turner. I read this book in two days flat. I laughed out loud more than once, got frustrated with the hero for not being more prepared and empathized with the difficult decisions that were required. I was caught by surprise by plot twists that I wasn't expecting and thoroughly enjoyed the ride...I heartily recommend Brushfire Plague."--paratusfamilia blog
--"Another thing I liked about the book is the concept of community coming together to care and protect itself...Nobody survives alone, life happens and she is a cruel mistress."--gunfreezone.net
Please let me know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to visit brushfireplague.com.