4.0 out of 5 stars 10' brush has very hard bristles
This is a hard bristle 4" brush head. It worked great on the straight portion of my drier vent, but did not work within the flexible 4" section. The bristles are simply too stiff to push through the flexible venting (you know - the kind that looks like tinfoil with a spiral wire running through it to give it shape).
Published on January 5, 2011 by Just a guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Great brush... just a little short
Published on January 30, 2010 by ff344ymfc

3.0 out of 5 stars Great brush... just a little short, January 30, 2010
ff344ymfc (Lancaster, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brushtech B68C 10-Feet Long Dryer Vent Duct Cleaning Brush (Kitchen)
When comparing this brush to the other kits sold on Amazon I appreciated the fact that there were no flimsy gadgets promising to get in every crevice of the dryer/vent. This is simply a brush and a good quality one at that. The only thing holding back a 5-star rating on this is the length of the snake. 10' was nowhere close to reaching all the way thru my dryer vent duct. I had to tape the handle to my fish tape and feed it thru the duct that way. After running it thru 3 times it was squeaky clean and my dryer does in fact dry the clothes faster reducing my energy consumption.

4.0 out of 5 stars 10' brush has very hard bristles, January 5, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars dryer vent brush, May 13, 2011
Overall construction is good and sturdy. The brush fits well through the 4 inch round duct and leaves the inner wall fairly clean. I gave the duct gentle swipe with the brush and used the leaf blower to remove the dust to outside.
Now about the 10 foot wire handle. If you try to push the brush in first (as I did), you will find that the wire coil is not stiff enough to push the brush. The wire will bend. However, another reviewer here noted that you can push the wire in first and pull the brush out.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is The Setup Your Looking For, November 26, 2011
I purchased a Dryer Vent kit called the Lint Eater and it was absolutely worthless because the brush is soft as baby hair and would leave all the lint behind, I then found this and placed my order and used it once and we couldn't believe how much lint and hair came out of our vent, the only problem is our vent is 15' and this only comes with a 10'heavy duty flexible wire attached to it that is simular to the choke cable they use on lawn mowers. So if you have a long dryer PVC or Metal vent like we do you will need to attach a rope to the handle and pull it through like we did. Another thing is you wouldn't want to use this on the really cheapo flexible type vents made out of thin slinky type aluminum foil or plastic because it would most likely make holes and destroy them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dryer vent cleaner, August 30, 2010
This type of brush is great for cleaning out your dryer vent lines but only if you don't have sharp bends in the vent as it is very hard to work your way through sharp turns. If you have straight runs than this is the tool for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed my Cold Dryer, March 26, 2012
JT from Jersey (Central New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
Our dryer hadn't been getting as hot as it used to. I felt the vent outside the house and it seemed to be blowing warm humid air out just fine. My wife told me that we needed a new dryer. Before doing that I decided to order the Brushtech Vent Brush and give the vent pipe a thorough cleaning. Our vent pipe is very long with a 6 ft vertical section, then a 11 foot horizontal section before going outside. We took the vent apart and ran the brush through it. It was shocking how much lint was in the vent pipe, especially at the elbows! This brush did an amazing job after running it through twice. After putting the vent pipe back together we ran the dryer and it got the laundry hot like it hasn't done in years! Apparently if the dryer senses low vent airflow it prevents the heating system from getting too hot. This minor investment saved us from buying a new dryer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ideal, May 17, 2011
This product came as advertised and it initally pulled alot of lint out of the dryer duct. However the line is too weak to allow you to push the brush past a bend in the duct. Useful for straight duct lines only.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works if you have a short dryer vent length., February 7, 2012
As others have noted, this brush works best if you have a short run of duct work. Like others have done, I ended up fishing the handle end through my dryer vent and pulling it through to the outside.

My venting is the aluminum-looking flexible hose - it suffered no ill effects (one of the other reviewers here was afraid that the bristles would poke holes in the hose.) Maybe if you had that white rubber hose that they used back in the 80s but the aluminum-looking stuff is a little sturdier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good, except around 90° bends in 3" duct, February 17, 2013
As others have noted, you PULL this through your duct, don't push.

However, our 3" PVC duct running through concrete retaining walls has a 90° bend, and the brush won't go around that bend, no matter how hard I pull. Luckily, that's about 8 inches into the wall, so I use a stick to push it around the bend.

Works great, duct is very clean after one pass.

I don't bother trying to clean the flexible duct from the dryer to the wall, I just replace it.

Makes a huge difference in dryer performance. We go from 2-3 runs to get jeans dry, to one run, as designed. Saves us so much energy, so much time, so many trips to the basement, that we always kick ourselves for waiting so long between cleanings.

Now I label the duct with last cleaning date, just above the dryer, to remind us to clean at least yearly.

Recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for up ducts, February 20, 2011
My duct goes up 10 ft thru the roof. The cleaning head is attached to a 1/4 inch "snake", which collapse and doubles over a few feet up the duct. I attach it to a larger 1/2 inch snake to make it work.