4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little fukien tree!
It arrived in perfect condition and the trunk has been beautifully training into an "S" shape without any trunk scarring. The little fukien leaves were nice and shiny and it had the little white flower bloom. A very beautiful tree it is.

Published on March 25, 2005 by D. Hughes

1.0 out of 5 stars Many issues to contend with
Published on June 20, 2006 by Peter Beckerle

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little fukien tree!, March 25, 2005
This review is from: Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai (Lawn & Patio)

For Brussel's website, I would recommend to them that they upgrade their ordering system as it is not a secured server (128 bit SSL with little padlock icon). I was going to order from them directly as it is only $39.99 compared to $49.99 FOR THE EXACT SAME TREE (not taking into consideration the shipping costs) but I would rather pay more and order through AMAZON'S secure server, so I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Tree, February 20, 2006
This review is from: Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai (Lawn & Patio)
Brussels does a very good job of packaging and shipping their trees. It came in perfect condition. This is my very first bonsai tree and I almost lost it due to a lack of watering. You must keep this tree watered or it will drop all of it leaves. These trees are very hardy and are capable of recovering from mistakes like these as long as the mistake is not too prolonged. The fukien tea is an awesome indoor tree, but you must take care of it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Many issues to contend with, June 20, 2006
Peter Beckerle (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai (Lawn & Patio)
I also received the wrong tree the first time. The first tree came quickly but was also the Gardenia tree. After contacting Amazon they reshipped the correct tree. It came quickly and was packed properly. Upon arrival the tree looked good, but it quickly changed. I have, in the past, grown Bonsai trees with success. They do require attention and proper watering as well as light and growing conditions. Both trees came in ceramic pots that did not match the description. They were different colors and different from the photos on the site. The gardenia tree did loose most of its leaves, but had new growth somewhat quickly afterwards. This review is about the tree that I ordered. This Fukien Tea Tree started to loose all of its leaves and appeared to be in distress. I kept it watered, gave it great morning and afternoon light and maintained the temp around 75 degrees. After several weeks, the tree has lost almost all of its green growth. I had an expert view the tree and this gentleman seemed to think that the soil that the tree was planted in was too dense and didn't allow for any oxygen to reach the roots. He seemed to think that the Gardenia tree was ok, but not the Fukien Tea tree. He didn't think that transplanting the tree this soon after receipt would help since these trees need time to adjust to their new surroundings. Also mentioned in the directions that came with both trees. He also noticed some fertilizer beads in the soil which to him might also might not be the "ideal" for the tree. He recommends a water based food mixed in with the water a given to the tree weekly.

I wonder if all of these "conditions" were done to the tree since they had to send it to me to correct their "first" error of the wrong tree.

Even though I love Amazon, I would recommend to anyone considering purchasing a Bonsai tree to select one from a local source. These local Bonsai retailers are more interested in helping you get a perfect tree and have more a vested interest in your success than Brussel's does.

Not that $50 is that much more than a good bunch of flowers from a florist, you still expect your tree to live for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Bonsai, September 3, 2010
This review is from: Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai (Lawn & Patio)
I was so shocked by how beautiful this tree is. It has several blooms, is taller and has a thicker trunk than I expected. It looks to be a very established bonsai tree. I am a little concerned about it being an indoor tree with all the beautiful blooms so I will watch it close to make sure it will continue to bloom inside. I got it for my office and we have open blinds and fluorescent lights so I am hoping that will be enough light for it to survive. The packing was superb a very professional job. My only suggestion to Brussel's is to sell humidity trays for their inside bonsai trees. It is impossible to ever find matching ceramic humidity trays for bonsai pots. And when you keep bonsai trees inside they really require a humidity tray, not only to catch the water overflow but the trees need extra humidity when keeping them in air condition/heated buildings. I strongly suggest this tree even if I end up having to bring it home for my patio. I have received so many compliments from my co-workers. It is worth every penny. I am very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tree, July 2, 2009
This review is from: Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai (Lawn & Patio)
Tree arrived shrink-wrapped and strapped to the bottom of a large box filled with packing (very impressive packing). The tree was healthy and the soil was still moist, if anything it had too much soil. I took a fork and scooped out a good bit of soil so as not to have a huge mound around the trunk of the tree.

The picture shows a blue tray, but mine was brown, but for me that worked better with my office's color scheme. I added some baby tears to the soil as a ground cover and to keep the soil wetter.

I didn't notice any leaves dropping like others have reported, in fact it's putting out little white flowers that are great. Don't believe the reviews that are two years old, maybe the trees were poor quality back then but the one I got is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, January 16, 2011
This review is from: Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai (Lawn & Patio)
I originally bought this bonsai tree as a gift for my boyfriend for Christmas. The shipping was great and the tree arrived very nicely secured in a box with wet soil and everything was great. However, I'm not sure if it was the shock from the cold weather or the shipping or what, but the tree was dead upon arrival. I then contacted the Amazon customer service and they got back to me right away. They fixed the problem by sending me another tree which arrived quickly and was beautiful. I then re-potted the plant as I felt that the pot was too small for it for the home, but a great way for the nursery to maintain all of the trees that it has and it is now flourishing. So my advice is that if you feel that your tree isn't faring well, re-pot it so that the roots can spread out and grow. I never let the soil get dry and my tree is doing great! I personally feel that due to the fact that all bonsai trees are so finicky, that the shipping kind of shocks the plant, but the trees from this nursery are great! I will definitely be ordering from them again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Diseased/Infested Stock, November 6, 2012
Toasted Gringo (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai (Lawn & Patio)
I purchased three of these Fukien Bonsai from Brussels Nursery, via Amazon, two months ago. They arrived promptly and appeared to be in excellent condition. I was actually impressed with their large size, shape and foliage. They were intended as gifts for family and friends. After a couple of weeks, they all started losing their leaves. Upon closer inspection it was evident that they were infested with some type of crawling mite, aphid or whatever. I quarantined them from my other houseplants which displayed no similar problems. My Fukien Bonsai are now void of all leaves --- since Brussel's Nursery/Amazon will not accept returns at this stage, I'm trying to revive them with TLC.

I have notified the U.S. Department of Agriculture that this supplier is distributing diseased stock. If/when Brussel's gets their act together, I would highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bonzai tree, December 18, 2010
This review is from: Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai (Lawn & Patio)
This bonzai tree is healthy and beautiful! The leaves are all green and healthy, the soil was still moist upon arrival, and it looks like it won't need a lot of care. Just water every 2-3 days and keep in a sunny place.

Also, I need to comment on the packaging for this tree. The pot was shrinkwrapped to prevent soil spillage, and the tree was kept in place by another piece of cardboard. There was no way that thing was going to topple over during transit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tree, a little rocky at the start, May 3, 2012
This review is from: Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai (Lawn & Patio)
When my fukien tree arrived, it was green for about a week and lost all of its leaves. I kept watering it and keeping it in ideal conditions but the branches remained bare. I almost gave up and tossed it out but I held on and a month after the last leave fell off it exploded in new growth. Now the tree is gorgeous and my favorite of the 3 different bonsai I maintain. My theory is that the problem was half 'shock' to the plant from the shipping process, and half me initially overwatering it when I noticed the leaves drying. That being said, when your leaves fall off, continue to care for the tree and be patient. I think you should expect the tree to react in some way (dropping leaves) to the shipping it has gone through. Also expect that if you continue to properly care for the tree that it will come back and be exactly what the nursery has offered you. Not claiming to be an expert however, so I could be wrong. The chinese elm I have didnt lose any leaves when it arrived so who knows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. just amazing, November 5, 2013
This review is from: Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai (Lawn & Patio)
I was apprehensive getting a live plant shipped but what I received as absolutely amazing! The bonsai came well packaged with not a leave, gravel or dirt out of place.
The bonsai itself looks fantastic. It is lush, green even has some flowers. It looks healthy and vibrant. The pot is a nice blue. I am very glad I made this choice.

UPDATE: Feb 2014
The bonsai is still happy and healthy, growing new leaves and flowers. As vibrant as when I received it.

Brussel's CT0116FT Fukien Tea Bonsai
$64.00 $33.97
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.