5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, strap yourself in, twists and turns ahead!
Published on November 21, 2012 by Chalie W

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good
The story was ok dragged a bit but it was a good read I'll have to read some we more to see if I like the series
Published on December 16, 2012 by kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, strap yourself in, twists and turns ahead!, November 21, 2012
This review is from: Buccaneer- A Dane Maddock Adventure (Dane Maddock Adventures Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Dane Maddock books but this one takes the cake. I thought I was going to be reading about Dane and Bones on a pirate treasure hunt but I was mistaken. It started off as a pirate treasure hunt but it takes so many twists and turns that by the time you are finished you (well I did) find yourself saying what the heck just happened? I wasn't expecting that! I don't like to give anything away about the story because I don't want to take anything away from other's reading experience. All I will say is that this book is a blast! It was so much fun to read that I cannot wait for the next adventure of Dane, Bones and their cohorts!

I hope that you enjoy this book as much as I did.

Happy Reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Dane Maddock Adventure to-date!, November 16, 2012
This is a great must read, my favourite Dane & Bones to-date. Really surprising & unexpected twists along the way. I cannot write a Book review to do this read justice but i can tell you i highly recommend you read this for yourself because once you start you will not be able to put this read down! Its one of those Books you just dont want it to end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, Exciting and Marvelous, November 18, 2012
This is my favorite David Wood book so far. Buccaneer follows a path through the years from pirates to the Holy Grail. Dane Maddock and Bonebrake traverse a dangerous path in search of a pirate treasure resulting from clues left from Dane's late father in a book. It's a great take on the lore of King Arthur and the myths surrounding his weapons. This truly is a must read for all of us who crave the thrill of historical adventure.

4.0 out of 5 stars loved this book, September 1, 2013
First of the books By Wood that I have read. I liked it almost as much as the EVENT series. I like the idea of Native Americans as a main character. Will be purchasing the rest of his books. Thanks Mr. Wood

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, December 26, 2012
I enjoyed this story. At times the dialogue seems a tad corny but the one liners keep the reader reading at a break neck pace. I wish the historical parts of the story were more detailed. I will probably be reading another Maddock adventure in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Right on the mark, December 26, 2012
If you want a lot of flowery prose, or lengthy descriptions of landscapes, and weather then this is not for you. Let's face it these books are escapist entertainment, but oh it is so good. A real page turner I read the whole thing in one sitting. The book can be read as a stand alone, but you will understand the characters better if you have read the pervious adventures. I am a big fan of the series and can't wait for the next installment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, December 16, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars good read. lousy editing, December 26, 2012
I assume my title sums up the latest dane maddox story. woods researches well and tells the tale in an interesting way. but has no grasp of editing i.e. know for now. the errors detract from the story. hope next time he hires someone to check his grammar. It is also a novelette.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next one!, June 18, 2013
The Maddock and Bones series is hands down one of my favorite series. I listen to the audio versions and Jeffrey Kafer does an outstanding job narrating and literally giving voice to each character. If you're looking for a great adventure with humorous dialogue, look no further. The books are so fast paced that you're at the end before you've had a chance to catch your breath. I love how new key characters have been introduced into the story with each adventure and the ones in this latest story just add another dynamic to the already colorful interaction between Maddock and Bones. I agree with many of the other sentiments in that this is the best in the series so far and I'm really looking forward to the next story.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite Maddock Adventures!, June 10, 2013
I can honestly say that I love all the Dane Maddock books, but this one probably stood out as my favorite at the time of reading. I really like the pirate and lost treasure theme. There are certainly aspects of the plot that really make this one stand out from the others. I think many of the characters grow in this novel versus the others. I read through this one twice within a few months and still found myself interested the whole time. I am definitely interested to see where this series will go in the next installment!