Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Color: Stainless|Change

on November 3, 2011
I bought this on a whim after signing up for that free two-day delivery dealy and my God, am I glad I did! I feel so useful with this little number is nestled discreetly in that formerly useless change pocket in my jeans. This smokin' babe at the company Xmas Secret Santa party got a new pair of headphones in one of those ungodly plastic packages that are just about impossible to open. Buck Gent (and yours truly!!) to the rescue. Bam, bam, at your service, ma'am! Made the rest of the office guys look like real pansies. Also, last night my new Neil Diamond box set arrived last night (thanks Amazon!!! You rock me gently/Never slowly!/it's so easy/don't you know/that I have never got customer service [and satisfaction!!!] like this before!)! I used the gent to open the package, and I'm sittin' pretty with a 1/2 ounce of cold steel in my pocket and like 700 minutes of the NeilCat peelin' the paint off the walls. If you're not some doofus trying to prove a point with some lame 7-inch knife on his belt at Target (who are these guys!!?!), this little Gent is gonna be the guest of honor at the party of the rest of your life.
on September 11, 2009
Very thin, very sharp, very strong, very well made. I've had mine for more than 10 years and it's a real gem. A friend gave it to me for a Christmas present and it was the perfect gift.
on March 30, 2011
I purchased this knife for my father to replace his Gerber that I got his years ago that he broke (pry bar? I think not) and I will have to say when I opened this knife to give it to him i was very pleased with it. It has some good weight to it for its size (very small, too small for my liking) and it was also very, very sharp. If you are looking for a nice pocket knife that is about 2 inches closed I highly recommend this knife. Also one of the best things about this knife is it's made in the USA which Gerber does not do anymore. Oh and I almost forgot to say that my father started to use/carry this knife he fell in love with it.
on May 28, 2013
Great little knife that I can carry without thinking about it. Very useful for the many small jobs like cutting open plastic packaging. I have other Buck knives for heavier jobs, including a 750 Redpoint and a 110 Hunting Knife. Each is just right for what it is. The Gent fits in a wallet and it about the thickness of 3 credit cards. You can forget you have it until you need it and it is always there, but it is for relatively light use. The Redpoint is great for easy one-handed moderate use. The 110 is perfect for serious heavy duty use.
on June 3, 2012
Purchased 6 of these, Made in USA, folding pocket knives as gifts for my son's Bluegrass band. Had them engraved with the band's logo and presented them to each band member when they played for our 40th anniversary party. They were thrilled. Quality product, Made in the USA at an excellent price.
on November 3, 2015
My husband loves pocket knives. He said this one is his all time favorite. He owned one for 10+ years and recently lost it which is the only reason we had to replace it. It held up very well and was still sharp as new! Nice small size fits easily in your pocket. This is great to give as gifts or as stocking stuffers. It comes in handy! So, if you want a super sharp, very well made knife that holds up very very well this is the knife for you.
on January 7, 2014
UPDATE 1/7/2016: After much excellent service, the lock back bar has loosened on the knife, allowing it to partly open on its own. Not by a lot, but about half an inch - just enough to snag clothing or your fingers when reaching into your pocket. Sadly, because of this, the knife will most likely be headed for the tackle box, as I just can't see the point in sending it in for a replacement from Buck.

It still holds a great edge and has been sharpened only a few times since I've owned it. It's cut through pretty much everything from fishing line to packing tape and cardboard. Been a very reliable knife and a great deal for the price. I'll leave my original review for those who wish to have a THEN and NOW comparison.

==============================================================================================

This is a VERY sharp, good quality blade. The casing is very slim and takes a bit of getting used to. I was at first disappointed with this knife and almost sent it back. However, I figured worst case scenario, I'd have a good spare blade for my tackle box.

Well, I tossed it into my pocket and forgot about it until I needed to cut something open. Instead of using my regular pocket knife that I always keep handy, I decided to give this one a try. Then the next time I needed to cut something open, same thing.

And again, and again. It hasn't made it to my tackle box yet and I'm starting to enjoy its unique feel over my old blade. Might be it's time to retire the old one for this fine little "gent".
on May 23, 2016
I was at bar when a few female patrons asked if anyone had a knife. Of coarse a few men jumped at the opportunity to pull out their knives to impress the women. All had excellent knives, slightly bigger, and more intimidating than my Gent. The women hesitated to take any of the other knives, but as soon as I handed them my Gent, both immediately went to take it from my hands. The other men laughed at my Gent, but quickly realized my Gent got the ladies attention better than their knives. Another woman said, "A man that carries a knife like that is a gentleman who is secure in his manhood, and doesn't need to carry a Rambo knife." I have bigger/scarier knives in my collection, but the Gent is my EDC. It has never failed me, nor has it failed to impress anyone that's used it.
on February 10, 2015
I bought one of these knives many years ago and absolutely loved it. Recently TSA decided I really shouldn't have it anymore. Shame on me for forgetting I had it with me while trying to go through security. I had to have another one but didn't know what kind it was or where to get it. My first "guess" was a knife made by Case. I purchased the Case Cutlery 004 knife from Amazon. It looked pretty similar and thought it would do the trick. I was wrong. It was not as sleek and slim as the Buck knife and the blade design made it more difficult to open. Releasing the catch to close the blade was not smooth. With the blade closed there were many sharp corners. Not willing to give up, I found this Buck knife. It looked more like my old one. As it turns out, it is exactly like my old one and I couldn't be more pleased. It just feels right in your hand. No sharp edges. Blade is easy to open and close and is as sharp as a razor. You don't even know this knife's in your pocket (maybe that's why I forgot about it going through security...) Anyway, I love that knife so much I just ordered two more from Amazon to have on hand in case I lose it again... and again.
on February 4, 2015
I had one for over 20 years and it was taken by airport security. This one is a fine replacement and nearly identical. Blade metal is adequate and holds an edge as well as any consumer grade stainless I have ever used. Small enough you never know you are carrying it. But don't try to take it on the damn airplane.