5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!
Published on April 27, 2008 by Jean

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes iPhone headset mic away from your mouth
This product works as advertised and keeps the terrible Apple ear buds in your ear. However, it was not designed with the iPhone headset in mind.

Published on February 16, 2009 by typo_kign

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, April 27, 2008
This review is from: BudFits for iPod and iPhone earbuds (Frosted Clear) - not compatible with new Apple EarPods (Electronics)
Finally a product that keeps my earbuds in my ears! As a runner I tried using headphones that wrapped behind my neck, but they were uncomfortable and the sound quality was terrible. With BudFits, I'm able to use the earbuds that came with my iPod which have excellent sound, plus the BudFits are comfortable to wear even with my sunglasses on. My long runs are actually enjoyable with my BudFits! Thanks for a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lifesaver!, April 26, 2008
JC (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
For all of us out there with oddly-shaped ear canals, these are a lifesaver! I've never been able to use typical earbud headphones because they fall out so easily or it's painful to wedge them in far enough for them to stay in place. Earmuff headphones are not the most convenient for exercising though, so I was grateful to find out about Budfits from a friend. They stay in place during any exercise I've done so far--aerobics, bike riding, tennis, and at the gym. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes iPhone headset mic away from your mouth, February 16, 2009

The microphone on the iPhone headset is set so that when the stock bud is in your ear the mic hangs down next to your mouth. The BudFits eat up about 3 inches of cord length wrapping over the ear, taking the mic away from your mouth. This has made them unusable for me as the resulting sound quality for people trying to hear me on a phone call is terrible.

Don't know that there's anything Innovelis could do about this (they are designed for the iPod buds) but thought it would be important info for potential buyers interested in using it with the iPhone headset.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russ Walkowich MyMac.com Review, September 15, 2008
Tim Robertson "Publisher MyMac" (Battle Creek, Mi United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I know that there are a lot of iPod users out there that still use the earbuds that came with their iPod either because they just like the earbuds or they haven't found anything better to use. For those of you still using Apple's earbuds and are into physical fitness, then mosey on over to the InnoVelis website and check out BudFits.

For whatever reason, Apple's earbuds just don't fit me properly and have never stayed in place when I have exercised. BudFits takes care of that problem by providing a set of flexible, easy to use and inexpensive soft, flexible rubber pieces that snap onto Apple's earbuds and then just simply wrap over the top of your ear. BudFits quickly fit onto your earbuds and provide extra comfort and support but can easily be removed for those times when you don't need them. I have given them a good workout by using them while running, working out, working in the yard and wherever else I could try them out on without harming myself or others. I've not had them slip off of my ear or cause any problems.

Now you can check out BudFits and decide for yourself. They come in three different colors: Frosted Clear, White and Black. The asking price of $[...] itself is a great incentive... hmm, you know that the holidays are just around the corner and they would make a great stocking stuffer or a nice surprise for someone going off to school. InnoVelis also touts the fact that BudFits can also be used with your favorite iPhone earbuds. While InnoVelis does not sell the BudFits directly, you'll find links to other retailers, such as Amazon.com that do sell the BudFits. By the way, BudFits are designed to work only with Apple's iPod or iPhone earbuds.

So to review:

Pro: Easy to use, soft and flexible, non-irritating. Very reasonably priced. Keeps your earbuds in place while you're active.

Cons: The only problem that I saw was on older earbuds from earlier iPod models that had a shorter stalk than the newer versions of earbuds. However, if you take your time when placing the BudFits over your ear, you can still use the BudFits successfully and they do their designed job of keeping your earbuds in place without any other problems or hassles.

Highly recommended!

My Mac rating: 5 out of 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, July 8, 2008
Wasn't me! (Silicon Valley, CA,) - See all my reviews
These buds are great. Apple should buy them out and package them with every iPod, iPhone and earbuds they sell.

5.0 out of 5 stars so glad i bought these, October 17, 2010
Rachel (Commerce Township, MI) - See all my reviews
i run with my iphone strapped to my arm - and was having so much trouble with headphones. everything needed adjusting throughout my run and depending on the weather, i was having to use different kinds.

I got these things and they work perfectly - i don't have to touch my ears at all for the entire run.

i have average shaped and sized ears - i see some of the reviewers had problems getting them to stay put - but they worked great for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, June 20, 2008
Phillip Crane Bennett (Cedar Park, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
I love my Ipod, but the standard Ipod phones would never stay in my ear. I found Budfits at a bike store and they are great. I can now use the Ipod phones anywhere. I use the Budfits when biking, at work, and just about anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Perfect!!!, February 12, 2010
I always thought I had oddball ears, but after reading other people's comments, realized it is a common problem to have earbuds fall out. I also have had the problem of everything irritating my ears. These BudFits are a Godsend. I work out and do lots of yard work, and HAVE to have my music. Didn't have a lot of confidence in these working, since NOTHING has before.
To add to the positive and counter the negative: these were very simple to fit the buds into the Fits. Being able to tell left from right is no problem, as when you fit them in you just face the earbud the correct direction, and that's what you go by to see which ear to put them on (mine will stay hooked up always). Earphones have always made behind my ear sore, but I can't even feel these on. I'm use to trying to cram earbuds into the canal to stay in and noise cancel, but the way the Fits hold the buds on, they just rest in the ear, great sound, no ear canal irritation. And for those who think they're "expensive" -- $8.95, no S/H or tax -- a heck of alot cheaper than all the phones I've gone thru -- and now I can actually use the buds that came with my iPod. If you need something to keep earbuds in, don't hesitate about getting these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but they work, November 15, 2008
Dave (Raleigh, NC) - See all my reviews
I give this product 4/5 stars for two reasons:

-- They are a bit pricey (they are just molded silicone rubber).
-- They don't come in different sizes.

For functionality, they get a 5.

These work fine for me. I use the Apple iPod ear buds (2nd generation) and wanted to be able to use them while running without having to fiddle with them. This fits the bill.

I like how the ear bud cord fits perfectly into the slot in the Budfit and stays in place. The ear bud itself is also held in place nicely and does not swivel easily on the Budfit.

They are right and left-handed, and they have little right and left hand icons molded into the rubber (but a bit hard to see).

There are some things you should consider:

-- It's a bit tedious to fit the ear buds into the Budfits. You are not going to want to be doing that a lot. If you don't think you're going to wear the Budfits all the time, then you should get a second pair of earbuds.

-- They might not fit your ears very well. I don't have huge ears, but I definitely "notice" the Budfits snug on my ears. They are not uncomfortable, but they are not exactly comfortable, either. I am able to forget about them, so I guess there is no problem, but for the price, I think they could have included two sizes in the package.

-- It's not hard to get them in place on your ears, but they don't go on nearly as quickly as putting in a pair of ear buds. I find that it goes faster if I pull my ear through them, rather then trying to get them around my ear.

-- No way sunglasses can work with these--at least comfortably, and not with a good fit.

-- Your ear bud cord will be about 3" shorter than normal because of the added distance around your ears. My ear buds are pretty short (apparently Apple made different lengths) and I need to use a small extension when the iPod is in my pocket.

-- You should try out your ear buds upside down in your ears before buying these. You can take the ear bud cord and drape it backward around your ear, just as if you were using the Budfits. If the ear buds feel ok and still sound ok then you are good to go with the Budfits. I find that the Apple iPod earphones (2nd gen) fit perfectly in my ears the "right" way, and pretty good upside down, as well. I checked the sound in both positions and couldn't tell much difference.

You might think you could use your ear buds upside down without the Budfits, and you might be right. Try it out. My ear buds stay in place pretty well without the Budfits, but I did notice the ear bud could move around a bit without the Budfits (thus changing the sound). With the Budfits, there is no movement.

Overall, a good product, but kind of pricey.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth It - the Earbudi is Better, July 31, 2010
I bought these because I heard that they keep your earbuds in place - true for about 10 minutes. Maybe I have weird ears, but the Innovelis Budfits felt bulky on my head and just made my earphones bigger and they actually fell off easier. I threw them out. I didn't want to spend any more money, but two friends swore by the "Earbudi" so I borrowed theirs and then bought my own pair. What I like about the Earbudi is it fits my ear without the awkward bulkiness I had with the Innovelis brand. And they stay in! They're comfortable too, which I didn't expect, so you don't notice them. They also don't get caught in my earrings like the Innovelis brand did. Earbudi is also easier to put over your earbuds because you just slide it on - you don't have to put it on upside down like with Innovelis. The Earbudi is so much better! Great for cleaning and gardening too, because your earphones don't fall out when you lean or bend over. Actually the reason I threw the Innovelis brand out was because I was cleaning my bathroom with them in and the left one fell out into the toilet, which of course yanked the right one out with it before I could catch them. Some people don't have a problem with their iPod or iPhone earbuds falling out, but if you're active with them and they do fall out, definitely try the Earbudi before you try the Innovelis ones. The cost is the same!