5.0 out of 5 stars Stop overthinking things
Published on February 11, 2012 by Tom Flanders

1.0 out of 5 stars Pep talk
It's a ten page pep talk. Saying: calm down, be quiet, just be - for a minute or three.... do good, be good. People who read these things usually know this.
Published 5 months ago by sande

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop overthinking things, February 11, 2012
I love this book. I don't know if it will really help me to make meditation part of my life, but I feel like it will. It is short. It is simple. Both of the those can be both good and bad. I tend to be a bulk snob when it comes to information. The more information, and the more complex that information is, the more likely I am to trust in that information as truthful and useful. I have to throw those out for Buddha in Blue Jeans. My first reaction that it couldn't be this simple has been dissuaded by some rather successful meditation sessions. Of course I've had many more attempts than successes. I'm so used to trying to analyze and understand every thought that it's hard to trust and let go. But I'm trying, and every time I reread the book I get some new insight or trick to try.

Having said all that, I should state that if you are looking for a self-help book with lots of helpful hints and guidance, you may be disappointed. It leaves a lot up to the reader, which is the point, but still, some of us like being led by the leash into new experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Elegant, December 29, 2011
This book, at it's face value, might not seem like much. It's a very short book (as it states in the title) but for the most part it's exactly what you need to set yourself right. There are alot of people that stress the details, that need ceremony and great struggles for something to have meaning and feel like they are getting benefit. Most of what we need is for someone to say "Hey! Just be present here, now." That's a majority of our problem, if we were to sit and calm ourselves, pay attention and just be present for a while, you'd be amazed at the results. This book outlines it beautifully and is a good companion to have so that you can go back to it again and again and remember what is important, just to sit quietly, and learn what you need....by sitting quietly.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gentle Read, January 4, 2012
This was a short but beautiful read. It is a reminder to us all that we should practice mindfulness often! It left me feeling pleasantly calm with the sense that I'd just been pulled, ever so gently, back into line.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book could've saved me alot of trouble, August 17, 2012
This book could've saved me alot of trouble keeping track of all the things I was/wasn't supposed to be doing during meditation. Best of all, I realized that I was taking the practice to seriously rather than just sitting still & observing myself quietly without judgement. I feel as if everything I need for my practice is in this short consise book that I literally carry with me everywhere I go, on my phone. & to think that I only downloaded it because it was free & didnt bother to look at it for several weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is so kind, March 2, 2013
Short and valuable book written with kindness and love. The author approaches many aspects of mankind given emphasis to meditation as part of daily routine. Thank you so much and I look forward for others books from this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to read and practice, March 14, 2012
This was a simple read, and I've been practicing sitting quietly. You don't realize how hard that is until you try to do it! Will use this over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great InspIration for Mindful Meditation and Easy Buddhist Teachings., December 13, 2011
These readings are easy to read and a great motivator for mindful meditation. And the Buddhist teachings put you in an uplifting mindset for each day. I've listened to Buddhist CDs in the past and been cofused, but these lists are consise and easy to understand. Things start to make sense. Kudos to the author.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pep talk, March 16, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this little book!, April 26, 2014
I started meditating a few months ago and read this piece every once in a while. These poems are a beautiful, concise reminder for me to meditate and apply the insights gained while doing so to everyday life.

5.0 out of 5 stars short but sweet, August 14, 2013
I love when Amazon has free kindle books. This book is very educational, informative and enlightening about the ways of Buddhism. Definitely a must read for anybody that is interested in practicing Buddhism or just wants to learn about it in general

Buddha in Blue Jeans: An Extremely Short Simple Zen Guide to Sitting Quietly