4.0 out of 5 stars Big Wisdom in a Tiny Package
Here's what you need to know about this book, in a nutshell:

Published on April 21, 2012 by Maia Duerr

1.0 out of 5 stars maybe I am beyond help
I have read many self help books and gotten something out of each and every one, until this one.
I was somewhat inspired by the introduction but that was the best part of the book. To be honest I could not finish the book as short as it was but it wasn't improving any as I got further into it.
Published 25 days ago by michael simmons

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Wisdom in a Tiny Package, April 21, 2012
Maia Duerr "maia322" (Santa Fe, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tiny Buddha, Simple Wisdom for Life's Hard Questions (Hardcover)
Here's what you need to know about this book, in a nutshell:

Insightful - Don't let the sub-title fool you. The wisdom here may be "simple," but it is not superficial. This book really does grapple with life's difficult questions, which fall into nine categories: Pain, Meaning, Change, Fate, Happiness, Love, Money, Possibilities, Control. The questions themselves are compelling. Some of them include:

* "Can people change, and how?"
* "What does it take to be happy?"
* "Why are relationships hard?"

Lori offers her own insights as well as those of other people, and includes some very pragmatic tips for dealing with these challenges, such as a section of tips on how to "meet your future money expectations in the present" in the Money section.

Let me put it this way -- there are 272 pages in this book. Not one of them is wasted. This book is dense with wisdom!

Generous -- Lori graciously opened up her book (as she does with her website) to many voices of wisdom. This is a collaborative book, in the truest sense of the word. She invited people to contribute their answers via Twitter; nearly 1000 people responded. Lori read each of their answers and shaped the book around the suggestions in the tweets. The result is a fascinating collection of diverse perspectives on life.

Hidden Jewel -- I first heard Lori speak at Wisdom 2.0 in 2010, and my impression was that she was one of those people who just has "everything together," and probably has an easy time of life. So when I read Tiny Buddha, I was blown away by how courageously Lori shares her own story of facing loneliness, financial challenges, depression, and inadequacy. By the end of the book, I felt like I was given a glimpse of another person's soul, and I am deeply grateful to Lori for sharing her story so honestly so that others might also be able to grow from it. That, to me, is the definition of a bodhisattva.

To sum up, this is a wonderful book to keep by your bedside as challenging questions and situations come up in your own life. Lori is wise beyond her years, and we can all benefit from what she has created here with Tiny Buddha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Theres a Tiny Buddha in my Kindle, December 14, 2011
Lubna (Beverly Hills, CA) - See all my reviews
Tiny Buddha's online presence has been an inspiration to me for some time and this book is an extension of that. I really appreciate Lori's story as it is similar to mine. I am glad to have this on my Kindle to refer to when I need a little boost here and there. If you haven't checked out the Tiny Buddha website be sure to do so. The stories are always uplifting. I really hope this book gets into the hands of more people as we all need a Tiny Buddha in our lives these days. Blessings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you ready to be free?, December 27, 2011
There is NOTHING tiny about this book. I ordered it a few months ago, after joining Tiny Buddha's Facebook page. At that time, I was embarking, (very reluctantly), on a series of life-changes, much like the author Lori Deschene. I find her writing style earnest, poignant, humble, and filled with a perspective that offers hope, courage, and even excitement regarding the often scary topic of change. Her chapters offer wise insight and light into pain, happiness, love, and possibilities which literally reached out, grabbed me by the shoulders, and shook me to the core. Reading her sage stories, (punctuated by quotes from her many wise Twitter followers) made her messages real, and therefore, obtainable. Unlike the plethora of books out there that make personal growth seem like the Holy Grail, Lori has distilled a series of hefty topics down to their sweetest essence. Lori's insight is part and parcel to me finding the strength to embrace and nurture life rather than run and hide from it. Lori writes, "We can take almost anything that hurts and recycle into something good, once we are ready to learn from it...this all depends on the most important question: are you ready to be free?" If you are, order Tiny Buddha immediately, if not sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoy the daily email messages from Tiny Buddha., December 7, 2011
I enjoy the daily email messages from Tiny Buddha. Therefore, on the daily messages when it promotes "$150.00 worth of free items" with the purchase of same, I purchased the book. I probably would have purchased the book any way. However, I preordered for these "bonuses". I mistakenly thought these would be included with delivery of the book, or at least a link to these. I am sure this was a misudnerstanding.

FOLLOWUP: I was sure this was a miscommunication and I was right. Shortly after I posted the original review I was contacted with instructions on how to receive my valuable "bonuses", which I am sure I will thoroughly enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, April 10, 2012
This book has changed my life and helped me look at the world in a different prespective. I really love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book that is impossible to put down!, January 17, 2012
This book compels you to keep turning pages even when you know you should be in bed! I have been a fan of Lori's website "Tiny Buddha" for quite some time and have enjoyed getting a glimpse into her thoughts on life. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the book and I was not disappointed when I did! Her insights are authentic and honest. Her experiences remind us that although we may feel alone at times, we all share similar thoughts, anxieties and struggles. We are simply being human and are never truly alone. Lori's ability to learn from her experiences and share her positive message with others is beyond uplifting. I would highly recommend this book to fans of Tiny Buddha, as well as anyone who seeks a positive glance into the human condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars So very full of valuable, useful ideas and thoughts, December 9, 2011
I was eager to receive Lori's book. Lori is my favorite blogger. Her posts on Tiny Buddha are simple yet deep, practical yet not obvious, and plentiful yet not overwhelming. Lori's book is full of the same positives as her blog. On her blog, Lori regularly provides suggestions from her life experiences; in the book that's even more compelling as she weaves her life story, her struggles, and her growth into the narrative. I read the book straight through, because that's what I do. (Others will read it over time. This book works either way.) Now I'm going back and reviewing my notes and I'm looking forward to incorporating into my life, over time, the many ideas I took from the book, which will then take its place on the bookshelf that holds my other favorite books.
- David J. Singer, author of Six Simple Rules for a Better Life: Practical, achievable ways to be happier, healthier and more...

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, March 27, 2012
Brandi Buskey (HARRISBURG, PA, US) - See all my reviews
Easy to relate to stories. Comfortable reading with interlink laughter. A real feel-good book. I would recommend it for anyone struggling with life or those that think they have it all together. Something about yourself will be learned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny Buddha, January 13, 2012
I absolutley love "Tiny Buddah". I found myself not be able to put the book down. It was inspiring, informative, very intriguing, and a real page turner. Lori shared some of her own personal journeys that made me feel I personally knew her. I felt as if I was sitting with her having a cup of coffee as she shared her story of inspirition. I highly suggest this book to add to your library. I find myself thumbing back through the pages time and time again. A must read! Loved it! Jacqui DeLorenzo

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Companion for Simple Wisdom from the tiny Buddha, January 3, 2012
I ordered two of these books from Amazon, one for my daughter and the other for me. Since we have two grandchildren adopted from Asia, the writings are even more interesting.

Tiny Buddha, Simple Wisdom for Life's Hard Questions
Tiny Buddha, Simple Wisdom for Life's Hard Questions by Lori Deschene (Hardcover - December 8, 2011)
$16.95 $12.97