Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 26, 2012
This jammer feels solid. I own one and am about to purchase a second one. Like many people have posted, make sure the spring in the head is completely compressed. This takes an extra "umph" every time you install it. I generally fit the bar in extremely tight but I think I may have rushed a little too much when I went on vacation this week. The dreaded happened... I received a phone call from ADT halfway through my trip that several of the sensors in my house had been set off. The burglars demolished the door that this bar was jamming and were able to enter my house that way. They did minimal damage to the door jamb but splintered my 2" solid wood door to pieces around the handles and locking mechanisms. I noticed the knob was pretty bent up and damaged and at first I wondered why until I realized it was from them kicking the door into the head of this jammer. Any of the other cheap plastic models would have broken instantly but my door jammer is still in perfect condition. I'm giving it 4 stars because of two reasons: the burglars still got into my house, and it should be clearly stated on the bar in big bold letters to fully compress that spring. I know many people have removed the spring which I think is a bad idea. The spring helps keep added pressure between the door and the floor even while someone is kicking it. I feel if the spring was removed and enough jarring was introduced during a break-in that the bar would just fall. Leave the spring in place but ALWAYS wedge the bar in completely. I regret the one time I didn't so much. I was in a rush to get out the house but an extra two seconds could have potentially prevented them from getting in my house.

UPDATE: I just dropped my review from 4 stars to 2 stars. The new Buddybar I just ordered is taller than my previous bar and does not fit under my doorknob properly. The rubber foot no longer sits flat on the ground which makes it easier to kick in. Note that this is a new door I just installed as my old one was destroyed when I was recently burglarized. I tried using my old Buddybar, which is shorter, but even that bar is too tall for a 34.5" doorknob. The description says it fits doorknobs from 34" to 36" from the floor to the middle of the knob. Mine is 34.5" and the bar is too tall. This description is misleading and I will be returning this falsely described item.

(They have also changed the type of material used for the red grip to a rough foam which feels like it will not wear near as well as the material they used to use. Not a deal breaker, but thought I would mention it anyways.)
on December 30, 2011
This home protection product is an added source of security to the homeowner and a deterrent to the home invader. In a worst case scenario, it buys some precious moments for you to prepare to "greet" any ill-willed thug.
The sellers of this product aim to please. They refunded my money immediately because I had purchased 2, but had to return one when I realized that it won't work on a CARPETED FLOOR. It works GREAT, however, on my hardwood entry.
on April 26, 2012
Very pleased with the Buddybar. Wife and I sleep better. We have an alarm system but it is better to be proactive rather than reactive. Gave it 4 stars because the Buddybar doesn't prevent an intruder from pushing hard enough to splinter the door jamb. After that the only left to keep the door from opening was the Buddybar. This is because the spring mounted head, if not fully compressed, will have some give allowing more movement of the door. I solved that problem by removing the spring. Now the entry door barely moves which means my deadbolt is still my primary locking device. (My wife finds it very difficult to install the Buddybar if she has to fully compress the spring.)
on September 13, 2010
Great communications and really exceptional product. The Door jammers sold elsewhere simply cannot compare in quality and durability.

Where I live the police have their hands full trying to catch a daytime string of home burglaries (over 100 unsolved cases) where the front door is simply kicked in and then in and out quick.

If they come to my door they aren't kicking it in any time soon with this Buddybar II. Plus I have 12mil security film on my windows, my mantra is to keep the thieves out of the house, alarms are nifty and all, but keeping the thieves out is the best medicine. They'll see I'm a hardenend target and go to greener pastures.
on April 18, 2014
My husband wanted more security for our front door, so this seemed to meet some requirements. He puts it up every night and we've had a few cases where one of us didn't move it the next day- haven't been able to push our way in if we say went out the garage and wanted to come back in through the front door. Works like it says :)
on August 30, 2015
Solid. A couple light kicks on the bottom puts it securely in place. It had trouble getting a grip on tile floor at first so I tried one reviewers suggestion of reversing bottom pad. No good, worse in fact, so I switched it back and put one of those rubber jar openers underneath the pad while putting it in place on door and gave it a kick. Voila! Nicely stuck and even if it were to somehow get kicked in while I was home it would definitely wake me from my sleep when it hit the tile and I would move to Plan 'G'. (Thug life is a hazardous proposition, sometimes proving fatal.)
p.s. I put deadbolts on front and rear doors so even if they come in a window they're not going out a door. Works for me, YMMV
on September 15, 2015
great product to have and 100 times better than the one you see on homedepot for $20.. 4 stars because its not adjustable as stated advertise, so if the door knob is higher than 36 1/2 inches above the floor, this would not work...but excellent and very durable-all steel parts.
on July 29, 2012
Upon receiving my buddybar the first thing I noticed is the quality of the bar, its made very solid and has decent weight. My only concern is the performance, when bracing a door knob with the V shaped end, I noticed there is a spring mechanism inside the tube as the V metal prongs sink down into the tube when pressing it underneath the knob. Because of this setup, when opening the door with the bar in place, the spring is being compressed when the door opens, thus leaving a significant amount of space between the door and frame. I think if the spring was removed this would solve this problem. Anyone know how to remove the internal spring?
on September 29, 2015
If you are considering getting a kick bar for home security and your door knob is of standard height (36 inches) then please do yourself a favor and get the Buddybar Kick Bar!

I have owned several Master Lock kick bars over the years and they ALWAYS break, from just normal wear, much less from a violent forced entry. I will never buy false protection now that I know about the Buddybar brand of kick bar products. These offer real protection and quality that lasts.
on May 27, 2015
If you are looking for a kick bar spend the extra money and get this one. I purchased the $20. one and the V head that goes up against the door handle was plastic and broke after one year of use. This kick bar is all metal (no plastic). This should last for many years.