5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the best thing ever
Published on January 28, 2012 by Christopher Culver

3.0 out of 5 stars better than a scarf
It worked at keeping my face warm but I did have to adjust it a lot.
I'm not sure if anything would work great for -20ºF weather when you're moving your head a lot, looking up at the Northern Lights and down to talk and all around like that.

I don't regret buying it and I did use it everyday.
Published 19 months ago by Wayne Conlee

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the best thing ever, January 28, 2012
Christopher Culver (Cluj-Napoca, Romania or Helsinki, Finland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Buff Adult Wool Tie-Dyed Headwear
The Buff is a versatile piece of headwear, a single tube of fabric that can be worn as a sahariane, a bandana, a hairband, a scarf, a winter hat, a ski mask, and more. It's a pity that this Amazon listing doesn't have a graphic showing how the Buff can be worn, but the company's website has videos where actors demonstrate the product. What makes the Buff special is that has no seams, so it stretches well and doesn't have pressure points. Originally made from a synthetic fibre, the Buff later got this wool version, which is indeed 100% Merino Wool. The Merino Wool version is especially commendable because it doesn't get smelly when one sweats, nor does it become itchy even after being worn for hours.

Since I bought my Buff, I have travelled in several climate zones, and this product has proven suitable for them all. In the Sahara desert, I used it to cover my face from the dust, or as a sahariane. In that hot climate, the Buff kept me cool, prevented sunburn and perfectly vented perspiration.

In northern winter temperatures, I've been using it as a winter hat: it protects my ears and kepts my head nicely warm to a few degrees below freezing (note: there's also the Polar Buff for winter, but as headwear it is meant for truly Arctic conditions and in anything less it'll make you unbearably hot). I now use a second Buff as a scarf. Not only is the Buff appropriate for cold weather, but as hat or scarf it is less bulky and heavy than the usual winter apparel.

The product's utility is matched by durability. I've been wearing my first Buff every day for months now, and it got one mistaken journey through the washing machine, but it's like new.

I can't imagine living with a Buff or five now. It's funny how a simple piece of fabric can change one's life, but I'd enthusiastically recommend a Buff to anyone and everyone.

(Verified purchase from a local outdoor retailer.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wear the buff in all kinds of weather, January 24, 2011
This review is from: Buff Adult Wool Tie-Dyed Headwear
This product is so simple and smart. Bought it for my wife and daughter to wear on a trip to Paris in the winter. It allowed them to reduce packing and use it for head, face, and neck warmth. They loved it. Not scratchy wool, soft and very long. Well worth the price you pay. Very few retailers of this item, so buy it from Amazon or REI outdoor store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without it., December 8, 2012
This review is from: Buff Adult Wool Tie-Dyed Headwear
This is my third Buff and my favorite. The Original was great in the summer. I don't leave the house in extremely cold weather without my Polar Reversible Buff, but it's too much for anything other than really cold weather. Plus, my boyfriend says I look like I'm wearing a neck brace, and it kind of feels that way too. This one though, this one is perfect for everything between the extremes.

When I opened the package, I was confused and surprised at how lightweight the fabric is, but that's not a problem. I really like that it's longer than the Original. I haven't tried it's flameproof feature, but I expect it won't be long until I do.

With all of the Buffs, the only annoyance is the price. I don't understand how a tube of fabric (as great as it is) can cost so much--I rarely spend more than this on a pair of jeans. But Buff has me, I haven't found anything equally as awesome. So I'll be buying more anyway. Harrumph.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buff Headwear Wool Buff Color: Tiznit Cru, February 13, 2013
Ione Skaggs (CANTON, MI, US) - See all my reviews
It's awesome! My Dad spent half his life trying to convince me that I'd be more comfortable and warmer all over if I'd just have something cozy around my neck. Too bad he left this world before I could tell him I found out he was right. The Buff is soft and comfortable and can be worn in more ways than I can count!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item, November 22, 2010
This review is from: Buff Adult Wool Tie-Dyed Headwear
I used something this in the mil called a recon wrap but wanted one in a color that will go with my work uniform so I tried this out.
Just to let everyone know this thing is 30" long. It works very well in all the different ways you can wear it. It is long enough that you can use it to cover your head and face with enough room to cover your neck. So you can wear it the way you want in the weather and it wads up small to fit in your coat pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never leave home without it., May 2, 2012
This review is from: Buff Adult Wool Tie-Dyed Headwear
I quite literally have one of these everywhere I go. A quick block to dust and chills on my bike, an easy way to restrain my hair, ear warmth, neck warmth, and I can go ninja at any moment. Seriously, these things are awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Buff Adult Wool Tie-Dyed Headwear
I bought these buffs (4 of them)for my hubby, 2 daughters and son for Christmas. They were for hunting as it gets fairly cold here in Pa during deer season. They absolutly love the Buffs. They were never fans of turtle neck shirts but really wanted the warmth provided so the wool buffs seemed a logical choice. No one minds the long length, the wool is wonderful, nothing like I expected, it is sooooo soft. I highly recommend this item, I will be buying more for myself and other hunters I know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wool Buff, not Headband, November 27, 2013
This review is from: Buff Adult Wool Tie-Dyed Headwear
It's not as snug as my Original Buff, but that is my only complaint. I use it for biking and running (I live in Chicago and winters can be brutal). It's warm enough and not cumbersome. I like that it is longer than the Orginial Buff so making the baklava is easier, but doesn't stay up as well when I just use it as a scarf up to my nose and ears. A nice addition to my Buff collection nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter must have!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Buff Adult Wool Tie-Dyed Headwear
I bought this for running in the cold, but I had no idea how much I would use this buff. It is thin and light weight, but oh so warm. We have been experiencing below zero temps, with wind chills as low as -45. This buff did the job keeping my face warm. So far I've only worn it "balaclava" style and simply over my face and neck, but it's more than worth the price. I shoveled then went for a walk, so outside almost an hour. The outside of the buff was completely frost covered from blowing snow but the inside was warm and dry. I highly recommend to anyone who likes to be outside, no matter the temp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, Comfortable, Awesome, November 13, 2011
This review is from: Buff Adult Wool Tie-Dyed Headwear
I picked up my BWB in Minnesota with snow piled up to three feet. The straight up warmth and comfort of this functional piece of clothing was put to work right away!

Several months later I brought it with me to Afghanistan. During the 120 degree days it protected my neck from the sun and with a quick pour of water cooled me off. At night when the temperature dropped and white skin had to be hidden, over my head it went. An incredible neck gaiter! And oh the colors! I had the regular "kaky" color. It's very close to military ordained OD green.

Buff Adult Wool Tie-Dyed Headwear