5.0 out of 5 stars Please make this into a movie!
Published on July 8, 2001 by Carrie

3.0 out of 5 stars A well-done abridgement of a Buffy novel
Published on June 24, 2003 by Jonathan Burgoine

5.0 out of 5 stars Please make this into a movie!, July 8, 2001
Carrie (Warren, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Immortal (Audio Cassette)
I could not put this book down. I make it a rule to only read scary and suspenseful books, like Dean koontz and Stephen King, and this book really fit into that genre. I think this coul be made into a great movie. Too bad Eliza Dushku has already been in the show because I could picture her for the last body Veronique inhabited. I thought the authors had the characters down pat, and knew exactly what they would say in a given situation. This was wonderfully written, and I could picure everything that was happening. this is a must read book for Buffy fans, and anyone else who likes scary books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buffy the Vampire Slayer (The Immortal), December 29, 1999
Rosie Irene Rakes (Pope AFB, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Immortal (Audio Cassette)
I enjoyed the story I pictured every scene and detail as I would if, I was watching a movie on television. I couldn't even put the story down. I finished in a matter of hours. I think this book would be a good Buffy movie. That is as long as it's not already an episode. I felt my heart breaking as I felt Buffy Summers heartbreak as she dealed with her mother's illness. She had to choose between her mother and her work as the slayer. I believe the Buffy made the right choice. I admire the character Buffy and love her even more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Immortal is a Buffy Fav, October 30, 2001
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Immortal (Audio Cassette)
Immortal was a pretty powerful story in the life of Buffy Anne Summers. The storyline that Joyce would get sick totally predetermines the events to come in the actual series. Buffy faces one of the ultimate villains ever as a vampire actually resurrects herself into the next body. Very good use of the Lucy Hanover former slayer assists Buffy Summers current slayer concept. Bad form on the whole Xander and Cordelia split up however. A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book great. Tape ?, November 3, 1999
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Immortal (Audio Cassette)
As always, Golden and Holder have done a great job with this book. I also bought the tape and was a bit disappointed in Charisma Carpenter's reading. Her attempts at accents are poor and she doesn't drive the story with her reading. The abridgement itself was pretty strong, although it did lose some of the characterization that Golden and Holder are so good at. The book is a must for Buffy fans. As far as the tape goes, it's worth hearing once but I could take it or leave it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for Buffy novel fans, June 26, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Immortal (Audio Cassette)
Golden and Holder prove themselves once again to be the masters of the Buffy books. "Immortal" brings the unique spin with vampire mythology by showcasing a vampire who is truly immortal (as opposed to the immortal type that can be dusted with a stake and that's it) as Buffy's latest foe. With the story well backed up with a mythology explanation and the dead-on characterizations, this book is almost like reading an episode of the show. Recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars A well-done abridgement of a Buffy novel, June 24, 2003
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Immortal (Audio Cassette)
I enjoyed this audiobook on the level of mere fun, "brain candy," for lack of a better way of putting it. I'm quite impressed with Charisma Carpenter's ability to capture the cadence and tones of nearly all the characters, with the exception of the absolute slaughter she has done of Giles' British Accent, and her sometimes mispronounced words (then again, I could be wrong, I was raised British and the difference between British English and American English is quite vast at times).

The story is pretty neat, and given a sub-plot of Buffy's mom being really ill in what would be around 3rd Season in the show, it's a nice foreshadow to the eventual plot conclusion of Joyce's character from the series. The notion of an immortal vampire who keeps popping into a new vampire body when her previous one is dusted is pretty nifty. The ritual and the villains Veronique (this immortal vampire) is trying to conjure are quite well crafted. Done well, overall!

'Nathan

2.0 out of 5 stars Buffy To The Rescue, July 28, 2002
Joseph A. Aycock (rome, georgia USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Immortal (Audio Cassette)
What can you say about Buffy The Vampire Slayer that hasn't already been said? IMMORTAL is a typical Buffy story, with the typical cast of characters and the typical formula plot. Fun, but Shakespere is in no danger of being replaced. The biggest letdown of the audio version was, sadly, Charisma Carpenter, or Cordelia to her fans. The lady is an adequate actor, but her reading skills need a LOT of work! This could have been a more enjoyable program with a better narrator. Sorry, Cordy!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Immortal
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Immortal by Nancy Holder (Audio Cassette - October 1, 1999)
Used & New from: $0.61