Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Complete First Season (Slim Set)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on March 7, 2016
I LOVE THIS SHOW! Then I turn it on the next night and it's $1.99 per episode after being available on Prime for years.
I'm very disappointed with the choices available on Amazon Prime lately.
77 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2016
Each disc was supposed to contain multiple episodes, but only contained one episode. So, most of the season is missing. Do not buy this DVD.
on February 9, 2002
I agree how great a show this is. My problem is with the poor quality of the DVD and its features: the video quality is just grainy, the sound is mediocre, and the extras are shallow. For a show with a dedicated fan base I would expect, first of all, top-rate video quality followed by commentary on each episode, outtakes, screen tests, etc. It just seems like more money was put into the packaging and the marketing than the quality contained on the DVDs.
For the next seasons' release, I'll wait and see what the fan reaction to the quality and content is before laying my money down.
on October 25, 2009
I love the show. The video quality of this DVD is terrible. One of the worst video transfers I've ever seen.
on November 16, 2014
It ends up of this new "slim" case but none of the seller doesn't sell you original case... there will be less of them that they do.
But try eBay.. eBay had all original for each every seasons of Buffy. I'm just disappointed of this deal from Amazon...
on June 27, 2010
Great show, terrible quality on this DVD. Don't buy the slim set. Get another version of this season. The picture quality is so terrible, it's distracting. What a dissapointment.
on February 10, 2002
I too was unlucky enough to receive a defective set. The third disk is completely unwatchable--it will not run for more than five minutes without skipping or freezing. I've asked around and found that several people have had similar problems and that it is a manufacturing error. Fox needs to fix this NOW. I have taped the entire series run and still, I would gladly buy every DVD set they release for the higher quality and durability. If I'm going to keep getting poor quality products, however, I'm not going to bother.
Also, there are typos in the cast/character bios. It doesn't feel like a lot of effort went into creating this product. Which is a shame, since to show is so fantastic.
on October 10, 2003
I love this show, and was thrilled when they began putting the seasons on DVD, but there is a HUGE problem. I can't get to any of the extras on the DVD, like photos and scripts. I have the correct button on my DVD remote, but when I push it, I get a black circle with a line through it on the screen. It doesn't work. Same goes for Season 2 DVDs, and the same thing happened with "Angel," Season 1. This is a HUGE technical problem, one which I wrote to the company about, but got no response. For shame!
on February 6, 2016
Worst TV show ever.
on June 26, 2015
I may try again but it was painful.