5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travelling light
My boyfriend and I packed these for an 8-day trip to Panama, and they were perfect. Not quite enough of them for 2 people for 8 days (some days required two applications, morning and evening), but that wasn't their fault.

Published on April 25, 2011 by Caroline Hanson

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but be careful
This stuff works well, but when it says that it hurts plastic, its not kidding. It took the paint off my dials of my camera when I didn't wash my hands after applying. It also ate through some plastic on my binocular case. Makes me nervous to rub on my skin. But it seemed to work.
Published on December 12, 2010 by E. E. Blabac

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but be careful, December 12, 2010
This review is from: BugX Insect Repellent Towelette 25 Foil Packs/Box - 30% DEET in a Water Based Formula That Is Non-greasy and Non-staining (Lawn & Patio)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travelling light, April 25, 2011
Caroline Hanson (NEW YORK, NY, US) - See all my reviews

They are so easy to bring with you anywhere (including planes!), just slip one or two in your back pocket and you're good to go. I only got two bites the whole time I was there, including while living outdoors in the jungle (where I could see the helicopter-sized mosquitos buzzing near me but never biting!). Definitely worth the expense.

Hint: They can dry out before you've covered your body, because a lot more comes off at the beginning, so just do a broad swipe on every body part at first and then spread it around with the same towelette afterwards. And always wash your hands after applying DEET, period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy for packing., October 24, 2008
K. SMITH (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Easy to pack. Easy to carry. bought these for travel in 3rd-World countries. Mosquito repellant is a must to avoid a myriad of diseases. This is a convenient and effective solution.

.. and it's not a liquid for TSA screening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to deter deer ticks, March 18, 2011
Ann (Rising Sun, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I live near the woods with lots of deer ticks and Lyme disease is very common. Before walking in the woods I apply BugX by holding the towelette through a small plastic bag and putting it on my shoes, pant legs, around my wrists, neck, face and hair. Then I dispose of the product and wrapper in the plastic bag so I never get DEET on my hands. I also wear ExOfficio Insect Shield clothing. I think BugX is a good product, much better than a spray that goes everywhere. I have also used Off Deep Woods Repellent Wipes. They last "up to six hours," while BugX "provides over 7 hours of protection." I prefer the longer protection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and effective but a little too litte, June 29, 2011
As has been said and as with all deets, even 100%, VERY BAD for plastic until completely dried on (20 minutes or so), or, wash your finger tips and palms and so on before touching that camera, phone, clock-radio, whatever. Works well, as all deets do, but each packet is only enough for hands, arms, head and maybe ankles on an adult, possibly also lower legs but it will be thin. Great for carry. Smells like deet, which is just what it is, and they did not try to mask it with some awful perfume.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for persistent bugs, May 17, 2010
I took these to Costa Rica for a vacation, where we were planning to be hiking in the forest a lot. It worked extremely well and kept pretty much everything that bites away, including a very persistent and small sandfly type thing. I tried another brand that had only 3% deet (this one has 30%) and it actually didn't work at all, and I had to use one of these over the top of the other one. My only complaint and the reason this doesn't get 5 stars, is that this is actually rather greasy and doesn't smell very nice. Hey, I'm a girl....yes, product works extremely well, but aesthetically, would like to suggest something less oily with a nicer smell!! Lastly, when travelling, it is SOOOO convenient to carry these little wipes around in your pocket when in the jungle, instead of a big spray bottle! All in all, a really great product that works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Non smelly but effective, April 16, 2011
We were going to the tropics where the bugs just love me. I've always hated to apply DEET from head to toe at bedtime but will wake up with multiple bites in the am if I don't. These towelettes solved my problem. They have a faint smell during application but an hour later it feels and smells like there is nothing on your skin. Truly amazing for 30% DEET. An added bonus is that these foil packs can be taken right through security in your carry-on. I will definitely be buying more!

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Yellow Flies!!!, August 3, 2010
After weeks of battling yellow flies in north florida (Amelia Island) someone gave me a pack to try. I spent 10 hours fishing in the marsh today. Not only did I avoid bites but while others around me furiously swatted the swarms of yellow flies not one attempted to land on me. Great product. Ordered 2 boxes tonight.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff works!, January 19, 2011
I carry BugX towlettes in my survival kit (along with sunscreen towlettes...). Recently I moved to North Carolina where I had a nice introduction to the local bug population (much worse than in Oregon!).

I was out mowing the lawn and having to constantly swipe at the gnats and other tiny pests that seemed to zero in on my eyes and ears. I thought, enough of that, let's see if these BugX towlettes really work. I went to my car, broke out my survival kit, found a towlette and applied it to face, ears, neck.

No more bugs! What a relief to have something work as advertised!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bug X worked like a charm in Costa Rica, July 6, 2011
I would buy this product again. It saved me from the relentless mosquitos in Costa Rica. The days/nights I applied the towelette I had next to zero bites, the nights I forgot to apply I was attacked with zero mercy, lesson learned always use your BugX in mosquito areas, it works for the hours promised. FYI - To the ladies with manicures/pedicures, the BugX is so potent it will peel the nail polish right off during the few seconds of applying on your skin, so do try to apply with caution or carry your polish for touch ups. Used it on a few kids as well and it was gentle enough for them too.

Rate and Discover Movies