on January 10, 2005
Although the price is hard to swallow, this stroller is really awesome. The instructional cd is great in getting through all the features. It is unbelievably easy to fold and unfold, as well as use with our peg perego carseat (we bought the bugaboo adapters). We simply click our carseat onto the adapters. It is also very easy to get around tight corners which makes using it in stores a breeze. The wheels absorb almost all sidewalk bumps and our son sleeps peacefully through all our walks. It is lightweight, but feels very sturdy when in use. It truly is a beautiful and simple design, but also works as well (if not, better) as it looks.
on July 16, 2008
I've had this stroller for three years now. I've used it with both my kids (now 3 and 1). Wouldn't buy it again. Here are my thoughts

Cons
* Only fit my son until he was 2. He is 3 now and 35 lbs and there is no way he would be comfortable in it.
* Two pieces are VERY annoying. Getting this in and out of the car for a quick trip to the bank, or a run into the store gets old fast! It was also cheaper to buy another stroller than to buy the travel bag to go with this thing if you plan to travel with it on an airplane.
* Folded it is BIG. I've got a Passat Wagon and it takes up 1/2 the trunk.
* Stroller will tip over easily. Front wheels easily cause stroller to tip. If you hit a hole in the road, you could easily dump your kid out of the stroller.
* Don't try pushing this thing in the snow. If you live in a cooler climate where it snows, small amounts of slush will make your stroller unpushable because all the slush clogs up in the areas above the wheels.
* Storage space is VERY hard to access when you have the bassinet attached, is OK when the baby seat is being used.

Pros
* On even payment, pushes and turns like a breeze
* If you are in to Style you WILL get comments and looks when pushing this thing, but I personally didn't like this. I bought the stroller because I thought I was buying the best performing stroller on the market since I walk ALOT. I have since learned this is not true - there are MUCH better options out there and I always felt like pushing it made me look like a snob.
* Baby sits high and upright - my daughter likes that she can see what her brother is doing. If you push it next to the table, they are close to table height.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Yes, the price is steep, but if you are a person who loves to walk, then this stroller is worth it. I spent 30 hours researching strollers, reading everything I could, asking friends with children for advice. Finally, the Bugaboo won out. It maneuvers beautifully, making walking a true pleasure. It can turn on a dime, which helps out hugely in stores and small cafes. It even motivates me to get out of the house and walk more often (sometimes two or three times a day!), benefitting me in the post-pregnancy weight loss area. A friend with a Peg Perego is switching to the Bugaboo, because as she says, the PP is like trying to walk a house on wheels. The Bugaboo is more like a Porsche.

A word to the wise, you'll want the Graco or Peg Perego car seat adaptor for those first few months.
on August 9, 2005
Everytime I start to write a review for the Bugaboo, it turns into a novel. I will just bullet point the high & low-lights and help you to decide.

Pros: 1. Definitely the coolest looking, best-designed stroller in your play group. People WILL stop you and ask about it. 2. Integration of Graco/Peg car seat via adapter is great. 3. Pram/Seat features are fun & handy as child grows. 4. Handle tilt, two-wheel mode, reverse-facing options, brakes, tires, suspension are all top-notch design features, while mosquito net, rain-shield, and optional bag-hangers, diaper bag, foot-muff, umbrella all come in handy albeit pricey.

Cons: 1. It still takes up considerable space in your car. We have a wagon, so we have the room to give. 2. When collapsing, you have to balance the handle, lest it gets scratched up. 3. Storage capacity. Americans require storage for everything including drinks for Mom and baby, Europeans don't.(Remember, they don't really care about cup-holders in their cars. We require 2-3 per person) 4. Most obviously, price. This pram is pricey.

We bought the Bugaboo and have noticed we do walk more with our baby. For that reason alone, it has been worth the price. The added looks and cache are a bonus.
on February 4, 2006
Pros

one hand steering ,

Cons

large and clumsy,akward 2 piece fold,not very stable,tipsy hard to fit inside small car

The Bottom Line

Avoid it if you have -back trouble

-limited on space

-small car

-busy -child older than 1 yr (too small for tall kids)

I was so exciteed about this stroller bought it after reading hip reviews and also liked the trendy style.Every Baby magazine I read protrayed this stroller as the coolest looking stroller on earth and used by all celebrities.But soon after I got it i was not very happy....

This stroller is HUGE !!and very clumsy,It has a akward 2 piece fold,and is not very stable and tipsy It is very hard to fit inside small car.It would hardly fit inside my BMW 330i which is NOT a very small car!This stroller Is much BIGGER than it looks in pictures.

To inform you this stroller is NOT for you if you have back trouble or had an epidural recently as it can cause severe back aches from bending over to fold it and also hard to open chassis which takes a full 5 mins sometimes to open while standing on the street with baby crying inside the car!

I ended up returning it within a week because I did not think it was worth the money.

Although this stroller is projected to be very light weight and user friendly it is a complete pain to open and store .It weighs 26lbs also which is not very light weight in my opinion My friends also thought it was too large to steer inside stores and malls.In fact I got more annoyed looks of store owners than compliments....because the tires are HUGE

If you need a stroller look at strollerqueen.com where there are tons of reviews for other better strollers which are much cheaper than this one and have other great features.Think twice before buying this one.Returning it is also hard as most stores will charge a 15% restocking fee if you return it.

Honestly I tried to love this stroller but I could not...If you have a HUGE Suv ,a strong back and can lift weights and walk a lot ourside I can see buying this stroller would be an option as it steers very well.However if you are limited on space,looking for a light weight stroller or hope to take it to the mall I would suggest passing on this one as it is simply a hassle to put together and although it is very very good looking stroller I don't think it is worth $729 for looks alone...
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 4, 2008
I bought the frog before my baby was born because I heard amazing things about it. Once my child was born, it proved far too bulky to place in the backseat of my subaru outback (forget shopping with this item), yes this is a car designed to haul a lot, so I was shocked. I ended up purchasing a universal car seat carrier so I could place her carseat in it. I barely use the bugaboo because whenever I go shopping with the frog, there is no place to store bags. (I love the storage in the snap and go!) Even after I got a bag clip from buy buy baby, the stroller tips over if you clip anything more than a small purse on it. It's very flimsy. Additionally, the basket underneath is a joke. If you put anything other than a bottle in it, it drags to the floor and the fabric hits the wheels. It is very hard to steer when this is done. On the bright side, for the first 3 months, we were able to stroller her to our house of worship and to parks while she would sleep away in the small bassinet. I wish the bassinet had a seat belt to secure her in though. I felt it was unsafe to take her in stores this way. (Maybe that's just crazy overprotective me.) However, once she got to be 13lbs, we had to use the seat feature (she wanted to sit up and explore the world when not sleeping and well her feet started to hit the end of the bassinet). It's too hard to take the fabric on and off, so this became a permanent decision. If you want the flexibility of moving between the bassinet and seat, get a second seat frame on ebay. Don't pay more than 140 for that. Forget buying a cupholder (it doesn't come with one), because if you do, it will make it virtually impossible to shop in any clothing stores without bumping into things between the aisles. Also, it tilts at an angle that you would have to have a closed bottle in it and hope it doesn't fall out. The seat has a weirdly placed folds below the knees of a 4 month old and it is uncomfortable for her. The straps are good, but she doesn't have any head support. Additionally, the weight limit on this stroller is incredibly low for the price. My child is now 6 months old and I am noticing it has a pretty narrow seat. I plan on buying a maclaren quest or techno (55lb weight limit) to use daily and just use this one for occassional walks. It does work well on grave, but realistically, I rarely go on gravel. I live in the suburbs and we have side walks. Although, you could easily hike with this or jog. After test driving about 30 strollers in buy buy baby and babysrus, I decided the UPPA is what I should have bought. Sure it might not be the popular choice, but it has a much bigger basket, folds in one piece (not taking up my entire trunk), and seems to be more sturdy. I think for the next kid I will get that. Oh and don't buy it in black, it looks nice, but it attracts heat and well on a hot summer sunny day, that is not what you want your kid to have to deal with. Not worth the price!!!
on October 18, 2009
I love the look of this stroller. I admit, its beautiful. With my baby I wanted a stroller that had a bassinet. WHOA, but some of the criticisms about the Bugaboos ARE warranted. Yes, once you figure out how to put the stroller together and use it, it's a bit easier, but it IS bulky and takes up a LOT of space. The only thing I'm not sure about is if ALL strollers are bulky and take up a lot of space (besides the umbrella strollers). I have to say, we were on vacation and I had to buy a inexpensive "umbrella" stroller from Target and I LOVED it so much more than my Frog. (I really hate to say that). But it was sooooooooooooooo easy to get around and maneuvered very well. I thought, wow, spent $800 on my Frog and like my $20 stroller better. :(

I also admit, I didn't read ALL the instructions and got stuck a few times trying to figure out how to detach the Frog. Goodness, it was FRUSTRATING!!!! Especially if you have a tired crying infant in the summer heat. NOT FUN.

If you buy this stroller, PLEASE WATCH THE CD/DVD and MAKE SURE you READ the instructions CAREFULLY so you know how to use the stroller. It is TOO EXPENSIVE if you end up not knowing how to use the stroller.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 15, 2005
When my husband first heard about this stroller, he absolutly refused to even concider it. The price completely turned him off and he vowed that he would never spend that much on a stroller. When we were in the store picking out strollers, I was looking at the bugaboo (out of curiousity, there was no way I was getting it at that point) and a shopper came over to me and told me it is a terrible stroller because it is hard to open and close. We ended up getting the peg perego venezia because i wanted a lot of features, and I was willing to suffer with a larger stroller if it had good features. I used the peg perego for 6 months and I hated it. It has terrible meneuverability and is an extremely inconvenient stroller (and it wasn't cheap either!) so I finally convinced my husband to take a look at the frog. We bought it and now he doesn't know how he ever used anything else. He loves it and he tells all our freinds about how worth while a purchase it is (if you can afford it). It is so easy to open and close and I am able to do it while holeding my daughter - its tricky, but once you get the hang of it, its a breez! The frog has a reversable handle, and i cant tell you how many times that came in handy, at resteraunts, on the train, at the doctors office - sometimes you need that handle out of the way! The seat is reversable, which is great for keeping the sun out of your little one's eyes and also its great to have the option of whether to looka tyour baby or to let your baby look at the world. The menuevarability is unbelievable, it goes over bumps, snow, ice, sand- everything! It is like the SUV of strollers.

If you were hesitant before, I hope thsi convinced you - it is an expensive stroller but worth every penny!
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 3, 2009
I have used a Bugaboo Frog for 10 months now, beginning with the bassinet and now using the seat. My husband and I are both 5'6". My experience is based on living in Rome Italy, walking for hours at times over cobblestone streets, traversing large curbs and stairways and riding the train, tram, subway and bus. I use it for all daily living activities, including grocery shopping, going to playgroups and the zoo, plus we have taken a cruise, flown on planes and visited numerous countries and archeological sites. Though we have put it in our SUV, and unfortunately it does take a lot of space, I don't drive in Rome, so I can't comment from that perspective. As far as quick errands go, or taking public transportation during peak hours, I typically use a soft structured baby carrier instead of the stroller.

Now that you know what my review is based on, I LOVE my Bugaboo Frog! I have the rear foam wheels of the Cameleon instead of air, once you have a flat tire, air is not so much fun. For doing lots of walking, dealing with curbs and staircases this stroller is excellent. It pushes so easily, you don't feel the weight of your child. I can totally load it down with groceries in the bottom and hanging from the handle - yes it's a little tippy with that much weight, and it will collapse if bags are hanging from the handlebar and I take my son out, but show me a stroller that won't. The large back wheels make it possible to navigate almost any terrain, and also makes it possible to go up and down stairways by myself, one step at a time.

I like the safety strap on the handlebar, and the reversible handle has come in handy when fitting in a packed elevator, subway or tram - just position the handle upright to take up less space. It's also useful to move the handle out of the way to use the seat as a high chair, or take a photo when child is rear facing.

The reversible seat is a must have option. Our son prefers seeing us and we like to watch his expressions as he smiles at trees, feels the wind and experiences new things. We are constantly interacting as a family and he is all smiles. On public transportation I prefer to have him facing me so I can monitor strangers interaction with him. I also know how he is being affected by the elements and can adjust for sun, rain, wind in his face. I can't count the number of times I've had wind or dirt gust in my face and I was thankful my son's back was too it.

The two part fold even has it's advantages:
1) I can take the stroller apart, leaving my son in his seat, to get in an out of my tiny 21" elevator door, then put me the chassis plus a bag or two of groceries in, its the only way we can use the elevator. I have also detached the seat and left the chassis down below when there was no elevator and I had to walk up flights of stairs.
2) When out with my husband we can break the stroller down into 2 parts for going up long stairways, or fitting on the bus, and our son never has to leave the comfort of his chair.
3) I can detach the seat at the park/playgroup for my little guy to sit in, or to use as a high chair while interacting on the ground with everyone else.
4) I've even left my son in the seat, and put the chassis in the trunk on a cab ride from the airport to the hotel when traveling - not the safest, but it was raining, late at night, he was asleep and it was the fastest way to get the cab loaded up.

As I mentioned, we have traveled with our stroller, and since its to other European cities with cobblestone streets, I wouldn't use any other stroller. Sometimes we have to lift it over turnstiles or the like in metro/train stations, or carry it in two pieces through a door because the wheel base is about a 1/2" too wide , but with my husband and I together we've never had an issue, and these situations are the rarity, not the norm, and perhaps not an issue in the US. I've been in plenty a small shop with no problems. I am considering a smaller stroller, simply for the few times I have to ride the bus by myself, but am so spoiled by the Frog, I'm having a hard time finding something acceptable.

The basket holds a lot and the cinch keeps things safe. I hang a Klean Kanteen in a Built NY Thirsty Tote from a bag clip, so no cup holder isn't a big deal. Early on I attached a Skip Hop diaper bag. The Foot Muff is excellent in cool to cold temperatures, and it saves me from having to bundle up my little one as much. The parasol is okay, but you have to constantly move it to provide shade, I mainly used it with the bassinet, but now my son wears a hat and sunglasses, or in the full upright position the canopy keeps the sun out of his face. I haven't gone through summer with using the seat or my breezy canopy yet.

The cons:
1)The back wheels are too wide for most buses in Rome because there is a bar in the middle of the entrance/exit door, so I can't travel on a bus by myself, but with husband in tow, we just divide the stroller. Maybe not an issue in the US.
2)The stroller is quite bulky when folded and takes up a lot of space. Maybe not the best stroller for a suburbanite that drives everywhere, but great if you mainly walk.
3) The rain cover is tight to put on, and you have to be careful that the flap doesn't sit in a way that allows water to drain on the inside.

This wasn't my first stroller, but I wish it had been and now all other strollers disappoint in comparison, especially how hard they push and handle. Try using a 20lb bag of flour to test drive strollers and you'll really feel the difference. It's hard to imagine before your baby is born, or if you have a new born, but they grow fast, and how the stroller feels with the additional weight makes a big difference.

I bought my stroller used, and they are fairly easy to find. If you need replacement parts, buy from Bugaboo directly, they are the cheapest, and ship for free. In retrospect it would have been better to purchase the stroller new, but the initial price tag was hard to justify without baby/stroller experience, but now I'd say it is well worth every penny, and you'll save money in the long run over trying a herd of other strollers first.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 12, 2005
i do like this stroller. i wasn't crazy about spending the money on it and was concerned that it was more of a status symbol than anything else. but the truth is, it is actually very nice and worth the extra money if you have it. we used to have a maclaren which we did like but was still inconvenient in tight places like restaurants or subways - it's very good for a city dweller.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations