5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff
Published on March 18, 2007 by CB

3.0 out of 5 stars Spectra 360 and Buh-Bump
Published on May 11, 2009 by Robert J. Emmons

3.0 out of 5 stars Spectra 360 and Buh-Bump, May 11, 2009
This review is from: Buh-Bump 2.5-Ounce Heart Rate Monitor Electrode Cream (Sports)
I have tried both Spectra 360 gel (about $9 for 8.5 oz) and Buh-Bump cream (about $7.50 for 2.5 oz) to improve the functioning of my heart rate monitor (HRM) chest strap. I prefer Spectra 360. Both products provided a good stable connection and heart rate readings. Spectra is a substantial clear gel that adheres well when you apply it to the chest strap. Buh-Bump is a thin liquid cream that tends to run and drip off the chest strap. Spectra cost me about $1/oz while Buh-Bump cost about $3/oz.

I need a reliable HRM reading because I use a treadmill program which sets the treadmill speed based on my heart rate. If my chest strap does not make a good connection, the heart rate reading jumps around, and the treadmill goes a little berserk trying to get my heart rate reading to the target rate.

Both products provided a good HRM chest strap connection, but Spectra 360 was cheaper and easier and more pleaseant to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, March 18, 2007
I had been having problems with my heart rate monitor readings dropping out during mid-exercise so I decided to try electrode cream to see if it would help. Using Buh bump solved the problem. I haven't had the problem with drops outs or crazy spikes in my heart rate monitor since I started using the cream. I only need to use a little bit of it on each electrode so the 2.5 oz size should last for quite awhile. The stuff has a nice clean scent as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars At last, one of them works., March 13, 2007
I can not write English well, so I write the conclusion only.

I have tried a lot of gels and creams for my Polar chest strap, which I use with my Tunturi treadmill in HRC programs.

Till now, I had used several gels and creams, but they were not successfull for the job. The treadmill showed much more beats and so, the machine slowed down and the program did not work.

Now things chavged. I see 500+ calories burnt and 7Km distance, while with the other products, I saw 350calories and 5.5Km, at the same time interval.(1 hour).

Now, I add this for better results.

I use two pieces of cotton cloth cut to fit the electrode side of the strap, which ,(the cloth),I immerse in water first, and put them on the electrode side of the strap, putting some cream on both sides of the cloth.

This makes the surface moisture more time, so the system works very well.

With the addition of the cloth, I would put a 5 to rate the item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well!, October 10, 2007
I experienced some really annoying misreadings and drop-outs with my Polar CS300 and first thought there was a problem with my heart rate monitor. But when I gave the cream a try all my problems magically disappeared. The heart rate monitor manuals and faq's should link to this page :)
Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soild product, works as advertised, March 25, 2010
I've been using HRMs for the last 15 or so years, and I've always had better luck when I used gels. I've used both this and Spectra Gel, and I like this product better. It reminds me of (and probably is the same thing as) the gel that I used to use to attach the chest leads of an ECG machine to patients in the days before disposable pads.
This is somewhat more expensive than Spectra Gel (it works fine too), but you don't nearly need as much. Just a small dab on each side of the transmitter works fine. Spectra needs two or three times as much. Net: price per use is about the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect! Thank you, January 16, 2010
When I do get a small window to work out, I don't have time to waste to get my heart rate monitor to work. Water usually works but when it doesn't I can waste 1/2 my workout trying to get the device to read my pulse. I found Spectra 360 Electrode Gel to be only slightly better than water. Buh-Bump cream, on the other hand, works perfectly every time, no issues ever. It takes so little to work the tube should last a long time. I highly recommend this stuff for use with heart monitors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buh-Bump, December 5, 2007
Made my sometimes erratic heart rate monitor behave...I get more out of my workouts and it smells nice, not overwhelming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, August 24, 2008
I had problems with the reading dropping off or not reading at all when I ran. I thought my HRM needed a new battery but I came across this and decided to try it. Well, it worked great! My readings haven't dropped since regardless of which exercise I am doing. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and last all day, May 4, 2008
Ever since I started using this electrode cream, I haven't had any signal drops with my heart rate monitor. I can wear it all day, and even in martial arts class, and my heart rate monitor quite literally doesn't miss a beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best, April 29, 2008
This cream is the best. Works much better than having to "wet" the sensors and it has a pleasant scent.