From the Back Cover
FREE PCB SOFTWARE!
The EagleCAD light software inside does all the tasks described in this book -- schematic capture, layout, and autorouting. Run it on Windows or Linux. DESIGN TO PRODUCTION -- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR OWN PCBs
With Build Your Own Printed Circuit Board,
you can eliminate or reduce your company's reliance on outsourcing to board houses, and cut costs significantly. Perfect for advanced electronics hobbyists as well, this easy-to-follow guide is by far the most up-to-date source on making PCBs. Complete in itself, the handbook even gives you PCB CAD software, on CD, ready to run on either Windows or Linux. (Some PCB software costs from $10,000 to $15,000!) STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS, AND A PRACTICE RUNTHROUGH
Written by a PCB designer and electronics expert, Build Your Own Printed Circuit Board
gives you absolutely everything you need to design and construct a professional-looking prototype or production-ready PCB files with modern CAD tools. You get:
* Instructions for every phase of project flow, from design schematics, sizing, layout, and autorouting fabrication
* The latest in PCB tips, tricks, and techniques
* Cutting-edge tactics for shrinking boards
* Guidance on generating CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) files to produce the board yourself or send it out
* A sample project, demonstrating all the book's techniques, that you can build and use in practical applications
* Discussions on using service bureaus to produce designs
* Expert comparison of CAD program options THE BEST GUIDE TO BUILDING YOUR OWN PCBs!
About the Author
Al Williams (Houston, TX) is the author of 18 books, including many programming titles, as well as Embedded Internet Design, also published by McGraw-Hill. An electronics professional for over 20 years, he is principal of his own company, AWC, which produces hardware modules for microcontroller developers. Mr. Williams also designs PCBs for a wide array of clients.