From the Back Cover
The recent introduction of active and passive structural control methods has given structural designers powerful tools for performance-based design. However, structural engineers often lack the tools for the optimal selection and placement of such systems. In Building Control with Passive Dampers
, Takewaki brings together the most reliable, state-of-the-art methods used around the world, arming readers with a real sense of how to address optimal selection and placement of passive control systems.
- The first book on optimal design, sizing, and location selection of passive dampers
- Combines theory and practical applications
- Describes step-by-step how to obtain optimal damper size and placement
- Covers the state-of-the-art in optimal design of passive control
- Integrates the most reliable techniques in the top literature and used in practice worldwide
- Written by a recognized expert in the area
- MATLAB code examples available from the book’s Companion Website
This book is essential for post-graduate students, researchers, and design consultants involved in building control. Professional engineers and advanced undergraduates interested in seismic design, as well as mechanical engineers looking for vibration damping techniques, will also find this book a helpful reference.
Code examples available at www.wiley.com/go/takewaki