From the Back Cover
Learn to create dashboards and balanced scorecards tailored to your needs
Balanced scorecards and performance dashboards are high value, high visibility tools for driving and monitoring organizational performance. This book shows you how to deliver these performance management reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
First you'll take a holistic look at performance management, metrics, and the steps required to implement dashboards and balanced scorecards. Then you'll move step by step through designing, developing, and delivering scorecards and dashboards. Finally, you'll examine case studies that illustrate common performance management report implementations across different industry segments.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the value of dashboards and balanced scorecards to the enterprise
- Build simple dashboards and scorecards with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Enhance them with interactive capability and data visualization
- Prepare them for mobile access and extend them with custom coding
- Add elements such as process and strategy maps, decision-making charts, and forecasting and trending solutions
Find all completed sample code and Visual Studio projects demonstrated in this book on the companion website, www.wiley.com/go/performancedashboards
About the Author
Christopher Price is a Senior Business Intelligence Consultant with Pragmatic Works. He specializes in data integration, ETL, and data warehouse architecture and design.
Adam Jorgensen is President of Pragmatic Works, Director at Large for the Professional Association of SQL Server, and a Microsoft SQL Server MVP.
Devin Knight is a Senior BI consultant with Pragmatic Works, a coauthor of six Knight's 24-Hour Trainer books for Wrox, and a conference speaker.