5.0 out of 5 stars TRUST Building has never been so clear!
Published on February 3, 2003 by johnh40

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written and patronizing.
Published on September 21, 2009 by Lorraine A. Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars TRUST Building has never been so clear!, February 3, 2003
"johnh40" (Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
TRUST building has never been made so clear. This book just doesn't talk the talk it walks the walk. Several books identify trust issues but never help you resolve trust issues, this book makes it crystal clear. It is very easy to read and understand what you need to build trust and keep it in your life in all aspects from personal to business. The stories that are told put the final touch on the process by giving real life examples of ways that the formula is used. If anyone wants to learn the best ways to build and keep trust, this is the bible on trust. The only way to sum it up is everyone MUST! read this book. If everyone practiced these principles the world would be a better place to live. I can only imagine what that would be like. Hyler is truely the TRUST EXPERT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Roadmap I Have Seen, June 17, 2003
By A Customer
Trust is a precious commodity. Like reputation, it is easily broken and never well mended. This book is is the best roadmap I have seen on how to create, enhance and, should it become necessary, regain trust. It is short, lively and spiced with stories from Hyler Bracey's colorful past. My personal favorite is the one about his employees giving him the nickname "Highly Abrasive". I can report that I have actually incorporated some of the strategies into my repertoire with positive results. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to improve the quality of his or her relationships.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a REAL "How To" book on Trust, January 31, 2003
By A Customer
I have looked at lots of books on building trust. This is the first practical book that gives concrete steps for building trust. I found it applicable to both my business and personal life. I think it is a "Must Read". Now if we could just get these principals instilled in our government leaders, priests, accountants,CEOs,........and the list goes on and on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust ME -- Read this Book!, February 24, 2003
By A Customer
That's what's written on the back cover of this book with a list of prestigious business people recommending it. I had just finished reading, and appreciating, Dr. Bracey's other management book, and found this one even better. Perhaps it is because trust is such a predominant issue in our lives today. While the book provides a program with specific steps for building and keeping trust in business, sidebar stories help show these steps can also be used in our personal lives. The book is a quick read, and you will certainly feel a lot smarter when you have finished it. Dr. Bracey ought to send copies of this book to the clergy, politicians and chairmen of some of the corporations that are in crisis today as a result of misusing trust!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the five most influential books I have read., April 14, 2007
Few books have affected me as much as Hyler Bracey's book on trust. I thought I trusted, but Hyler helped me to see that I need to take my trust in relationships to the next level. The timeless principles and practical suggestions in the book helped me to do it; God bless him for it. As a management coach, this is required reading for my clients. If you want to help others, help yourself first by reading this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars You Must Do All of This to be Successful and Relaxed., December 30, 2008
A management consultant friend of mine recently said he'd had an illuminating moment - he realised there clients were showing him two ways to be successful - be a bully and frighten your staff into doing exactly what you want - and to build business realtionships with your people and work together towards success. This book is about the second way and there's a lot of talk about this at the moment.

I did a lot of consulting in this area of business relationships before my current activities in music and there's nothing here I would disagree with. It's all good stuff. If you're trying to work out how to generate business relationships, this book will help with all sorts of ideas. My recommendation would be to apply what you find in this book within business activities - anything else just looks like your trying to ingraciate yourself by being over friendly. (In other words I'm saying, don't build your business relationships through taking clients to sports events and playing golf. Do it in a business context - golf comes much later in the relationship.)

I've knocked off one star because I think it could have been better structured - but then perhaps I'm being a bit picky and British about that. If you're busy I suggest you read all the summaries first and work backwards into what you think is most important for you. But it's all very good material. Also, try Andrew Sobel's book on building client relationships. Making Rain: The Secrets of Building Lifelong Client Loyalty. These make a good pairing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Building trust: How to get it! How to keep it, August 14, 2009
I was fascinated by the content of the book. It is easy to understand, it's easy to apply for those who want to. It's our life. Thanks to the author and Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Real Building Blocks of Trust, February 1, 2010
Hyler Bracey has outlined a logical, workable set of stepping stones that lead toward building trust within the work place. The material centers within the relationship between administration and workforce in a way that real communication and trust can develop. This development of relationship not only builds trust, it complements productivity within the system. Bracey's acrostic that spells T.R.U.S.T, i.e, be Transparent, Responsive, Use Caring, be Sincere and be Trustworthy, touches at the heart of developing trust among groups and with individuals. Beyond that, his system places building blocks of shared ownership of the process of running a business.
This work can be of value in many settings and within groups, such as schools, churches, and service organizations, beyond the business world. It is a must read for anyone who is a leader within any of these entities.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written and patronizing., September 21, 2009
To me, this was a very "dumbed down" book. It focuses on work-place relationships and this should be in the title. I returned this book because of that. The title did not correctly describe the content. I found the voice of the author to be very patronizing. The exclamation points in the title...How to Get It! How to Keep It! Are throughout the book! Every sentence! It's tiring! Just like being lectured at! If you like this! Buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, July 9, 2013
This review is from: Building Trust: How To Get It! How To Keep It! (Paperback)
I purchased these books for a conference for my job. The instructor was very pleased. I got my shippment on time and in great condition.

Building Trust: How To Get It! How To Keep It!
Building Trust: How To Get It! How To Keep It! by Hyler Bracey Ph.D. (Paperback - January 1, 2002)
$9.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.