Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on January 28, 2011
This is the booklet you want to have if you need and want information about cold frames. I literally took mine apart - cut it into individual pages and put them in plastic sheets and made a notebook with the them. The book is so well written I have used and re-used the information in it over and over again and shown my friends and co-gardeners the material many times. You will not go wrong following the guidelines in this booklet.
on July 28, 2012
Small book but LOTS of information on building a cold frame. I am very happy with this book. I live in New England and winters are long and harsh. Having a cold frame allows me to gain a few extra weeks and to get an early start on my spring seedlings. This books provides a list of vegetables that will do well in your cold frame. My cold frames total cost was about $100. I would love to have a green house but for now my cold frame will have to do.
on August 16, 2006
advice on using the cold frame was well written but the instructions for building it were

unnessicarily complex.
on May 25, 2016
This is a handy little booklet. I purchased this as an introduction to cold frames as I have never used or built one before. It is only about 35 pages, so a very quick read. From a beginners standpoint, I think it is very well written. It is geared more for those who have little or no experience with cold frames, but does assume some gardening experience. However, i don't think a beginner would have any trouble at all using this little book. It calls for basic hand tools and gives a pretty good list of materials needed. The design offered up is very basic and can be easily modified. For example, I modified the design so I could use materials i had on hand. I also made mine a little bit bigger than their example. Their instructions are easy to follow and it came out great. Already looking forward to building another one. This booklet is small enough to be a really good reference while building or working with your cold frame. I would have to say that this is a great little addition to your gardening, farming, homesteading, prepper library.
on May 22, 2014
This booklet contains the essentials for constructing and using cold frames. No superfluous window dressing, just the facts.

Cold frames are, for serious gardeners interested in maximizing productivity, a simple but very effective means to extend growing seasons, both at the Spring and at the Autumn ends of Summer.

They do not require either elaborate technologies, nor extensive study to make them useful tools in the gardener's collection of ways and means. Eminently practical, basically simple, and inexpensive to employ. If you are new to gardening, this is a great introduction to construction and use of cold frames.
on January 9, 2011
Though I haven't tried building one of these boxes yet... so far, the information in the book is in laymen terms and I am enjoying
on November 7, 2014
Got this to add to my inventory on country living. It has a basic set-up and provides a simple way of building a cold frame for anyone interested. It is a guide/manual, not a step-by-step instruction book. If you read this book and get an idea on what you want to build, then build it to your standards. Just remember that different people have different needs.
on January 1, 2015
While all of these are pulled from various sources and are the 'cliff notes' of the prepping world they give a good outline and place to start without having to buy numerous books with unnecessary information. These give you the meat with out the filer. This gives a basic on thine and gets you thinking how to build your own, I am working on making one from salvaged materials now thanks to this book.
on September 23, 2013
Easy to follow instructions are not over-complicated by wordy authors. You will find these to be your best starting place for most projects.
on April 30, 2013
Handy guide to doing it right in your garden. Good information to set you on the right path to a viable garden. No regrets, I do recommend growing your own veggies and herbs, to avoid GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) which are bad for our health! Grow organic and be healthier!