Built in flash? Does this camera not have a built in flash?

I'm trying to make my first dslr camera purchase. I've been working with point-and-shoot cameras for awhile and would really like to explore photography more as a hobby. Since I'm just starting out, I don't want to be spending a ton of money on accessories and everyone seems to be recommending getting an external flash for the camera, and from the picture it doesn't seem like it has an internal one. I'd rather buy a camera that includes flash.
asked by C. Hannan on February 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
yes the t2i does have an internal flash however the flash throw(reach of the flash) is limited also if you are doing continues shooting such as sports the flash will not go off if you are trying to take pictures quickly between 2-3 shots ever second or two, so buy an accessory flash is recommended
Joseph M. Leach answered on February 20, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As noted, the T2i does indeed have a built-in pop-up flash. The reason that people - including me - recommend an external flash is that these add more range and the better ones can be aimed at a white ceiling or wall for much softer and a MUCH more flattering light (no more washed out living-dead looks). Put on on your list of future upgrades - your subjects will thank you.
Technology Guy answered on February 25, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product