5.0 out of 5 stars LCD Digital Camera Peephole by Buler

Published 11 months ago by Annita Perry

5.0 out of 5 stars LCD Digital Camera Peephole by Buler, March 30, 2013
Ken (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bulerⓡ brand LCD Door Peephole Viewer Camera and Monitor
I live in a condo in a busy area. I installed this LCD digital camera peephole replacing a regular peephole. The picture on the 2.8 inch screen is much clearer and easier to view than the tiny fisheye view that it replaces. I have an outside lighted entry way to my condo door. The screen adapts from bright daylight to dim nighttime light. The picture is clear both day and night. The camera is actually inside the peephole. Other products available has the camera mounted inside the door, facing into the peephole, rather than inside the peephole. The cover for the batteries is located on top side of the indoor device so that the batteries can be changed without removing the device from the door. According to directions, the device will give an onscreen warning when the batteries need replacement.

My original 1/2 inch hole had to be made a little larger to fit the new peephole. I used a uni-bit to shave the hole a fraction larger. I mounted the outside camera peephole part first, and adjusted the peephole camera until the picture was level with horizon. I then completed mounting the inside monitor to the door. The entire project took me about 1/2 hour because I knew ahead of time that I needed to shave the hole a little larger. I was prepared with the drill and uni-bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Bulerⓡ brand LCD Door Peephole Viewer Camera and Monitor
I got this unit from my brother for Christmas and I just love it'
My Mom and my kids can now see who is at the door before they open the door to strangers
It has a very clear picture and look like it belongs on my door . Very good looking inside the door and from the outside you cant tell its a camera. Looks like a regular peephole.
I installed it myself in less then 10 min.
I was curious and checked out other similar units on amazon like this and found none of them looked as good as the one I got. I dont know how well other door viewers work but I can say this unit looks and works great.
I would recomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works great., April 17, 2013
This review is from: Bulerⓡ brand LCD Door Peephole Viewer Camera and Monitor
I put Duracell batteries when I got. It's been almost 2 months now and it works great. I haven't replaced the batteris yet.
Visitors are well visible in the screen. The unit is installed indoors.
Something that is not mentioned in the product description is that the shaft of the viewer lens that connects to the device is adjustable and will accomodate thick doors (it's a screwable part). They even provide 2 adjustable shafts - 2 thumbs up!
My 2 negative notes are:
- The instruction sheet is all pictograms and does not give certain key details such as the drill bit size to use for drilling the whole in the door.
- The battery compartment cover looksflimsy. You can actually see it bend because of the underlying batteries pushing against it. If this cover breaks I don't think it will be possible to operate the device.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2.8" LCD Door Peephole Viewer - UPDATE, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Bulerⓡ brand LCD Door Peephole Viewer Camera and Monitor
Installs easily and viewing screen shows wider angle. The problem I have is on a covered (enclosed) porch, the face is not as clearly shown due to the back lighting effect. I'm going to install a motion sensor light above the door to see if this solves the problem. I don't know if the motion sensor will work on the covered porch in daylight even though it is darker than the outside background.

UPDATE: I ordered a Mr. Beams Model MB371 motion sensor LED light. It comes with a remote control for operating the light manually. I mounted it above the door so it shines down on anyone standing in front of the door and at night it illuminates the face for easy recognition. The instructions say it only works in complete darkness, but I found a FAQ on their website that says they will either modify when you order to remove the ambient light sensor or they will email the instruction on how to do it yourself. It is very easy to do, and solved my problem. The additional remote control allows you to turn the light on in case you don't make it to the door in the 30 seconds before the light turns off automatically and there has been no movement to keep it on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much needed upgrade for the 'peephole', February 28, 2013
This review is from: Bulerⓡ brand LCD Door Peephole Viewer Camera and Monitor
Just moved into a new house and the peephole was so blurry you couldn't see anything, I took it apart and it's just the crappiest little plastic bits so I tossed it in the trash and ordered this. Very happy with it. Easy to install and you can actually see detail, not just some big shadow at the door.
One note on the install, if you are replacing an existing part like I did you will probably need to drill out the hole to a bigger size. Not a problem except the size needed is slightly larger than 1/2 inch (0.55) and most drill sets and stores don't have bigger than 1/2 bits. I ended up buying a unibit which worked fine as the door was hollow and I just needed to drill the wood on both sides.
I like the fact the batteries can be changed without removing the unit from the door. Also the silver "V" metal part in the box a tool for tighting the nut that screws onto the lense. Instructions are ok but it still took me awhile to figure out what it was for since there isn't a picture of it anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Easy To Install, February 24, 2013
This review is from: Bulerⓡ brand LCD Door Peephole Viewer Camera and Monitor
Overall, it's a good product for what it is designed to do. Existing peephole diameter (1/2") was slightly too small, so I had to enlarge it by drilling, but once it's done, actual installation took less than 3 min. Make sure to turn on the unit to check camera orientation before tightening the mounting bracket because the label indicating "top" was slightly off level. Rotate the camera until image is level; then, tighten the mounting screw.
Now our son, who could not reach the regular peephole, can see who is at the door. Camera image is good in daylight, but porch light is necessary when it's getting dark in the evening. Pressing the power button turns on the display and stays on for about 10 sec. You have to wait for it to power off before turning it on again. Battery replacement is easy to do without removing the unit, which most other models require.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid (2nd try for these devices), August 12, 2013
This review is from: Bulerⓡ brand LCD Door Peephole Viewer Camera and Monitor
My first purchase was another company but it ate thru batteries like you wouldn't believe. Even lithium's would last at most 2 weeks before it died. Needless to say that sucked.

I got this and the construction looks much flimsier, very plastic-ky exterior, fragile connector cable on the back, battery door that looks like it could snap off. But I have to admit it does the job it's supposed to. Low light or bright light it compensates somehow and gives you a solid image. Button press is nearly silent so you don't have to worry about them knowing you are looking.

PROS:
- very long battery life. going on 3 months now and going strong
- good image quality (though small image)
- easy installation (I did though have to widen my hole slightly with a drill)
- silent button press

CONS:
- feels cheap, but doesn't look cheap at a glance
- battery cover is a bit flimsy but it does work
- small screen (ok for my eyes, but not as good for my aging parents)
- does not record video or save images (but this wasn't what I was looking for)

All in all, I'm pleased with the purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Monumental waste of money for me**UPDATE, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Bulerⓡ brand LCD Door Peephole Viewer Camera and Monitor
I bought this a few months ago, and just got around to opening the package and installing it yesterday. Despite very little info being provided in the "manual", it was enough to be able to figure it out. No real info given on operating instructions or troubleshooting issues. It performed like a champ for about 18 hours. Then I started getting a message on the screen telling me that I needed to replace the batteries or that there was a connection issue, and the viewer keeps going on and off by itself. Then it just stopped showing anything. Just a gray screen. So, I took out the brand new batteries I had installed the day before, and put in 2 new ones. I checked the connection to make sure it was secure. Worked correctly for about 30 seconds, then started repeating the error message and flashing on and off. During the short amount of time that it has actually worked correctly, I loved it! The picture is a good size...even I can see clearly on it, and my 49-year old vision isn't the greatest. I was concerned that I wouldn't get a good view because my front porch is always shaded, but I had no trouble seeing who was at the door. I can clearly see out into my front yard. So much better than a regular peephole. This is a fantastic idea, this one just didn't work out. I will try another brand. Unfortunately, I will be unable to return this because it's been more than 30 days (my fault), so this has been a fairly costly lesson to learn.

**UPDATE----I saw on Amazon that the product had a one year mfg warranty. So I dug the packaging out of the trash, and called their customer service department. I had to leave a message, but they called me back quickly. After asking me a few questions, they asked me to send it back for repair or replacement with a UPS return label that they emailed to me. Knowing that this was going to leave a gaping hole in my door (my former peephole will no longer fit because I had to drill a larger hole), I purchased a different peephole camera viewer (this one has no camera) off of Amazon and installed it before I uninstalled this one and sent it back. After receiving the defective item, they contacted me by email to let me know that they would be sending me a new replacement. Within a few days, I had the new one. I actually like the other one I installed better, so I will continue to use it, but I did plug this one in for a few days and left it on my counter and it seems to be working fine. I will keep it as a backup and use it as needed. I was very satisfied with their customer service. I will change my rating from 1 star to 3. Would have been a 5 if the first one had worked correctly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap material, got sent two broken ones..., July 26, 2013
This review is from: Bulerⓡ brand LCD Door Peephole Viewer Camera and Monitor
I'm not sure how these cost $90+ when they are made of such flimsy material. It's cheap, silver plastic. The battery compartment is held together by two small plastic prongs with a lot of pressure on them from the batteries pushing against the door. I'd imagine this would break in no more than a year or two after a few battery changes.

My actual experience is limited since I was sent two defective ones. One, the battery compartment was broken. Returned it, finally refunded my money. Bought another one, connected the camera and got a "connection failure" message on the screen. Tried different sets of brand new batteries, no dice. Returned it, finally got my refund and I'm not about to buy another one.

They do claim long battery life. I wasn't able to test that. Again, the material is cheap, and with normal wear and tear, will end up breaking in a few years time. Personally, I want something more for $100 of my money.

CONS: flimsy, cheap material. expensive yet cheap material? battery compartment is held together by a few small pieces of plastic that will break with time.
PROS: battery life so they say, although I didn't get to test it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well - good monitor - easy to install, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Bulerⓡ brand LCD Door Peephole Viewer Camera and Monitor
This viewer (not camera) can see clearly all the way across my street in daylight. It was easy to install but the hole needs to be a hair larger than 1/2". I used a 5/8" forstner bit for my mounting hole and it was fine. That gave me the smallest bit of wiggle room without being too large. I share the same thoughts as other reviewers in that the battery compartment lid needs to be handled gingerly because if you break the plastic tabs you're gonna be in trouble. The case is plastic but it's not junk. It resembles an old iPhone. It looks very stylish once mounted and it mounts securely with the included mounting plate and single mounting screw. I hope this item lasts a long time because it's very nice and much better than a plain-jane optical view finder.