4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheese in inappropriate container .
The product arrived on time, but the plastic container in which it is, arrived with lifted up lid , which shows the product was not very fresh. Also, the container was with tape all around the lid, which indicated it was not sealed well at all.
Published 17 months ago by Krissy

Published 20 months ago by Andreea Platt

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Upset and dissapointed this company is a lier and does not give out fresh products!!!!, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Bulgarian Feta Cheese 3lb plastic (Misc.)
I ordered 3lbs of Bulgarian feta cheese because I thought it was a couple dollars cheaper then ''igourmet'' but a couple dollars shouldn't matter when it comes to quality because parthenonfoods sells the worst quality of foods and damages your product. I 1st placed my order on 6-6-13 the last excepted day was supposed to come was on the 6-10-13 and it got damaged in that process so I wrote a bad review on here 1 star because h-e-l-l-o my product just got damaged what kind of professional company does that?? Then they send me a email back and replying back on here saying its not there fault...and at that time I couldn't request for my money back because I canceled my card (somebody stole it) so I told them just reship to me the product I payed for -$30...and they sent me back an email saying I have to remove my bad comment in order for them to ship my order..I waited about 2-3days for them to ship it to me but obviously they were clear they weren't going to ship me my product that got damaged and I paid for unless I removed the comment saying how disgusted I am with them??? And that's the sellers job to make sure the item is packaged and not destroyed in the process of shipment which it was for me so I have a right to post on here to let the world know who they really are and if u think that's bad it gets worse.....so I finally took it down around June 10-11th and then I see my order status say in ''transit'' so wow they weren't kidding (they really only shipped it until I removed the feedback)....it finally got here today 6-14-13 which I'm writing this review exactly the day I got it....I taste it its too salty and not creamy at all like Bulgarian feta cheese is supposed to taste like (its like a salty dry taste) reminds me off Domestic feta-and that's the cheapest feta cheese out there, and wow igourmet's Bulgarian feta is way creamer and just right on the salt and fresh!!!! unlike parthenonfoods...then when the cheese came in today June 14th from parthenonfoods I open the container i smell the cheese juice that comes with it...it smells kind of rotten...but I was thinking maybe its just me, but wait then I look at the top of the container it saids expiration date is 6-8-13 and its like 6-14-13 today...they gave me a rotten product and it would of been rotten even if I got it on the expected time which was 6-10-13 still would of been rotton...so this company is stingy and only cares about money so basically they took my money for free because expired cheese your supposed to throw it out not give it to customers!...I know 1 thing I'm never ordering from them again and from now on I'm only ordering from Igourmet here on amazon he has the best cheese!!! it is a couple dollars more but a couple dollars is worth on its taste and freshness and packaging of not getting damaged!!!! And I want to let people know out there if there not sure about this company or never ordered don't, or even if you have be careful!!!! They probably will give u something expired also or damaged..I've seen other reviews on here of people receiving expired products but i chose not to believe it and trust all these 4-5 star ratings till it happened to me....if even 1 person out of 500 people ever say they got something rotten or expired! Tells you right there, there gonna probably do it to you. And they don't deserve 1 star they deserve no stars but it wont go lower so its 1star, and im never buying from this company again.

P.S. to parhenonfoods.com- you can take your %10 next purchase off coupon and shove it!

For the people who rate this company 5 stars who want a %10 off coupon off parthenonfoods.com can contact me and have it because I don't want it im to disgusted to ever order from parthenonfoods again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheese in inappropriate container ., September 12, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars good as always, August 6, 2013
This review is from: Bulgarian Feta Cheese 3lb plastic (Misc.)
just the right saltiness and texture. Only had a problem with the packaging. Apparently leaked and the shipper had to repack. But it got here and we're enjoying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST feta., August 25, 2011
This review is from: Bulgarian Feta Cheese 3lb plastic (Misc.)
As an American who lived in Bulgaria...I am now ruined for any other kind of feta. Bulgarian feta is absolutely the BEST. It comes packed in brine. You have to removed the bring and replace it with fresh water. Then...ENJOY! It is the creamiest, most delicious, feta EVER!

1.0 out of 5 stars Castella Bulgarian Sheep Feta Cheese, June 26, 2014
This review is from: Bulgarian Feta Cheese 3lb plastic (Misc.)
Due to our cultural background, my family members are all addicted to feta cheese, and the Bulgarian feta used to be better then American substitutes. In the past 6 months or so, we noticed that Bulgarian cheese became very crumbly, very salty, and is missing the distinctive sheep-cheese flavor. Our last purchase has been a disaster. The cheese did not hold its brick shape at all and couldn't be lifted from the brine, it would literally disintegrate when touched . We ended up using the crumbs in salads, but the second time when we opened the lid, the entire mixture of cheese curds and brine were completely covered in mold.
I strongly advise avoiding Bulgarian dairy products until the quality goes back to its original standards. I am convinced that Castella has messed up the traditional recipe, and is selling something other then feta cheese.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent arrived quickly superb flavor, September 8, 2014
This review is from: Bulgarian Feta Cheese 3lb plastic (Misc.)
excellent arrived quickly superb flavor

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, November 28, 2014
Good price for delivery.

1.0 out of 5 stars A little too much for my American pallet., August 11, 2010
This review is from: Bulgarian Feta Cheese 3lb plastic (Misc.)
I'm normally quite a fan of cow or goat's milk cheese however sheep's milk had way too much twang and it was very salty.