5.0 out of 5 stars you can change your life!
Published on August 18, 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Big hat, maybe a few cattle
I was, overall, disappointed with the quality of this book. It has some decent information and exercises but overall isn't the best resource I've seen "out there."

First off, I was shocked by how much time that this book spends tooting its own horn. The author really wants to make sure that we know how much history is behind this book and how this was one of...
Published 6 months ago by EJS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars you can change your life!, August 18, 2001
This review is from: Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery (Paperback)
This book leapt out at me at the bookstore 12 days ago. I bought it at a time when I was binging/purging several times daily and I was beginning to feel that I could never stop. I hated myself and what my life was all about. Although this book and its message takes real effort and commitment, it really worked for me! I am now 12 days into the program and have not binged for the entire 12 days. It hasn't always been easy, but this book offers great, practical advice (such as "things to do instead of binging" sections for each day). I like that the authors really focus on trying to accept your body and self the way it is, understanding that, for the bulimic, food is not really the problem. Please, if you are feeling desparate and like you have nowhere to turn, buy this book and give it a try. You are worthwhile and you can do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars this book changed my life, July 14, 1999
By A Customer
I think of this book as my bible and carry it around with me whereever I go. It helped me understand my illness and gave me specific things to do in my recovery. I felt like the authors were speaking to me like best friends or mentors. I highly recommed this book for anyone dealing with bulimia!

5.0 out of 5 stars REAL help for serious problems, June 22, 2003
This review is from: Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery (Paperback)
I read this book about a year ago, and it was the only thing that allowed me to stop a vicious binging/purging cycle that lasted for years. The book provides alternatives to detrimental ED behavior- simple alternatives that really work if you just do them. Rather than psychology sessions or almost any other ED book that is almost completely psycho-babble that takes such a long route to try to help you understand "why" and "how" your problem started (which i found to provide no avail), this book provides a solution that begins the day you BEGIN to read it. You don't need to read the whole book before you see results. By reading the first day of the 3-week plan and just doing what it says, you can see incredible results. By the way, what the book outlines and asks you to do does not take any more than 5 minutes total out of your day. You do not have to go out of your way or buy anything else besides a plain notebook and pen, which most already have. A wonderful find and the only book that has helped! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life, August 17, 2002
This review is from: Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery (Paperback)
I can not put into words how much this book has helped me. Prior to reading this book, I've tried to get over bulimia so many times, but to no avail. However, I now consider myself a recovering bulimic, after being bulimic for 9 1/2 years. i bought this book a month ago, followed the 3 week program, and have had incredible results. I thought I'd have "episodes" during the recovery period, but I never did. I haven't had one binge/purge session since I started the program (nor after since I've completed it now).
It allows you to see why the disease occurs, and establishes activities, relationships, etc. so that you have a foundation once the program is "complete". Along with everyone I've chosen to support me, I've been amazed at how well it's going. I love life again! It's amazing how wonderful the world is when you take the time to appreciate it. It's amazing how truly beautiful everyone is when you realize that beauty is internal.

5.0 out of 5 stars REAL help for serious problems, June 22, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, August 29, 2002
This review is from: Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery (Paperback)
I was, and am, in recovery for 5 years after 13 years of eating disorders behavior. This book touched my soul in a way that no therapist ever began to touch. I recommend your book to EVERYONE who is or is in danger of suffering from an eating disorder. The writing is real, the authors are empathetic and honest. I have never, ever found a book as inspiring, insightful, and true as this one. I am currently a Masters of Social Work student and will continue recommending this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo Helpful, April 23, 2003
This review is from: Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery (Paperback)
To any of you out there who are looking for a way out, TRY THIS!! I have tried lots of things, even therapy, but nothing has worked as well as this book. Especially helpful for those who need structure. Provides a day by day 3 week guide to stoping the binge/purge cycle. I found it extremely helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars I needed this., August 29, 2002
This review is from: Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery (Paperback)
Reading this book was like looking in the mirror and having a good friend by my side at the same time. I can honestly say that, for someone who doesn't believe in earthly magic, I felt transformed. The Three Week Program helped me focus on the positive instead of the negative, and now I feel like all the things that program said I was-happy, proud, active, loving, and laughing. I wanted this so badly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful and easy to do by yourself!, April 8, 2003
This review is from: Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery (Paperback)
I have a seemingly unbeatable eating disorder, but with help from this book, I am able to distect why I am doing certain things and how I can retrain myself to cope with feelings. This is a very useful book for anyone struggling with bulimia! Highly reccomended!

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot express how impressed I am by this book..., October 8, 2002
This review is from: Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery (Paperback)
I have read this book many times. Every time I read, I found new things because I am at a different stage of my recovery. I highly recommend this book to anyone with bulimia, whether or not she is in the middle of struggle or already working on her recovery. This book alone may not be able to cure bulimia but I can assure that it will help greatly. The book is very easy to read and well-structured.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery
Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery by Lindsey Hall (Paperback - August 9, 1999)
Used & New from: $0.01