Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on March 21, 2012
A good quailty holster and the price was less than I could find anytwhere else on the web. I have a Ruger 22/45 bull barrel, which this holster is supposed to fit. There is a seam on the inside of the holster that hangs up on the gun's front sight causing me to untangle the sight before it will come out of the holster. I can fix it on my own but it is troublesome.
on December 30, 2012
This is the second Bulldog holster I have purchased to fit my Ruger Mark II with a 6 7/8" barrel. There seems to be some confushion on exactly how to measure the barrel length on this firearm to fit a holster. Instead of measuring from the tip of the barrel to the front end of the receiver that it screws into, the measurement must be taken from the tip of the barrel to the face of the breach. If this isn't news to anyone else, it certainly was to me. Therefore, the first holster I ordered was too short, and this model which states that it will accomodate a 6 7/8" long barrel is a bit of a disappointment as well. The firearm sits deep in the holster and the front blade (sight) protrudes about a 1/4" to 1/2" beyond the holster opening at the bottom. This presents two problems: 1) the muzzle is not protected from being scratched and or from debris entering into the muzzle of the firearm, and 2) when drawing the firearm from the holster, the front blade snags on the opening of the holster and then rakes along the inside of the holster during the extraction (no wear marks to date since it is nylon).
I purchased this holster for range use only and did read other comments similar to mine before buying it and am therefore confirming those previous comments. I have several other Bulldog holsters and they fit their specified firearms very well. For some reason, the Ruger Mark II 6 7/8" barrel is just difficult to fit. In summary, if you are looking for a low-cost holster for range carry and slow, careful extraction, then this holster will do. If you are looking for it to accommodate anything more dynamic, keep looking and be prepared to fork over a lot more money.
on September 5, 2012
bought this holster for my Ruger Mark II Target. The pistol fits great, the holster appears to be well constructed and for me the price was a deciding factor. I mostly only wanted this as a way to carry the pistol while changing targets or wandering out in the field. I'm not looking for it to be a personal defense or regular carry thing, just something to keep me from setting the gun down in the blowing dust or having to have it in my hand.

my two issues are this: my front sight seems to always be caught on the holster. I'm not doing quick draw or needing to keep my .22 handy to draw down a charging moose, but it's anoying to always have to stop and see what it's caught on. I don't want to just yank it out and make a bigger snag or damage a sight (unlikely)

the second issue is the velcro closure, it's awkward how the strap tucks into the belt clip on the other side (since it's an ambidextrous holster). I don't want to not use it, but again it's something I feel like I have to stop, examine and try again rather than just using it. a snap or velcro that wasn't totally hidden would be far preferable.

all in all I'm going with 4 stars because I was shopping for cheap and you get what you pay for. I'd buy another.
on June 4, 2013
I needed this simply for range carry, but even for that I will have to tweak it some. Out of the box, my pistol, a Mark II 5" barrel, sits too low in the holster, causing the barrel to protrude out of the bottom. I think I have the solution for that (involving a rivet or a heavy stitch near where the trigger guard sits), but my other issue is that the clip is impossible to remove to switch this gun for a lefty like me. The price was right and as soon as I solve these two issues, I think I will be happy with it. The front sight does hang, regardless of how the pistol sits in the holster unless you are deliberate and careful when you remove it, but just for range carry, it works.
on December 31, 2012
Not fancy, but fits the Ruger .22 and is good for using for part time carry. Not for quick draw, the front sight gets hung up on a longer barrel.
on March 3, 2013
If simply carrying your pistol from one station to another is what you need, this will work fine. It is NOT a good hoster to draw from though. My S&W 22A sits down way too low to get a good purchase on the grip. I might try punching a rivet in the bottom of the holster to raise the pistol, but I sure wish I didn't HAVE to do that.
on December 6, 2012
This works great for a 22/45 lite with a Burris III and it holds two mags in the front pouch. I would buy again.
on February 5, 2014
What a deal , looked for a long time for my colt semi auto .22. A holster that would accommidate a 6" barrel. This is what I come up with ,the inside is lined with soft meterial that won,t harm your gun. All I can say is great.
on June 25, 2014
Fits my weapon perfectly. Has a place for an extra clip. Clips onto my waist band or accomodates a belt.
on January 9, 2015
Very usable holster. Fits weapon well.

See 1 answered question