on January 2, 2010
A well made tool that lives up to its claims and description. With out a doubt its a huge time saver over using a power miter saw. Not only does it save you time by not having to constantly go back and forth to the saw it saves you money becasue your not burning up expensive saw blades. The other thing I like about this tool is that it can be used for different applications. My first job was installing 500 sqft of laminate flooring, since then I've used it for some vinyl siding repairs which was great because I didn't have to set up the chop saw for just a few cuts. I haven't used it yet on cement board siding but I made several test cuts and it worked very well and no dust! so I have no doubt that I'll be using it for that application when the time comes. Not too keen on the safety lever but I understand the reason its there. My only reservation is that this tool is a little light weight for daily or heavy use if you're going to be using it every day I would suggest spending the extra money and get the professional model.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on February 9, 2014
Verified Purchase
First of all, I have installed laminate flooring in 3 other homes for customers but with a chop saw before buying this shear. It worked but I always had to do the cutting outside. Also, about every 2 rooms or so you need a new saw blade or at least have them sharpened. With this shear you can cut everything in the same room saving a lot of walking and dust all over the place. You will still need a jigsaw and undercut saw but you can't have everything. Awesome tool and so glad I bought it before installing 4 rooms of laminate in my own home.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again