MythBusters 19 Seasons 2006
1. Confederate Rocket The American Civil War was fought with polished bayonets, unreliable muskets and bulky cannons. But was that all? Not according to the Mythbusters: Adam, Jamie and the build team join forces to find out if the Confederate Army had a secret deadly weapon.
2. Vodka Myths Kari hosts some urban legends about Vodka and its impact on personal hygiene. According to this myth, trucks fused together upon impact, seal the unfortunate car and driver between them. The team needs a traffic-free stretch of freeway to test this one.
3. Steel Toe Amputation Adam and Jamie test the ability of steel toe boots to protect against heavy objects. In Bottle Blast Off, the Build team fills a soda bottle and watches as it lifts off, testing Newton's third law: every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
4. Seasickness - Kill or Cure Can electric shock therapy or homeopathic tongue tinglers cure seasickness? Does driving your pickup with the tailgate down save money? Can shoving your fingers into a gun barrel save life? The results may surprise you...
5. Paper Crossbow Adam and Jamie unleash a deadly myth from a supermax prison, attempting to make a deadly weapon out of newspaper and underwear. Grant, Kari and Tory unscrew the cap on some more vodka myths, such as removing cigarette smell from clothing.
6. Shredded Plane In Shredded plane, Adam and Jamie investigate the cause of a shredded airplane. The other members put their survival skills to the test in Firestarter.
7. Archimedes Death Ray Adam and Jamie accepted the challenge from fans' mailbags to retest the Archimedes death ray. In turn, fans and the MIT team were invited to perform this challenge. Can they win the challenge against the MythBusters' secret weapon, Project X?
8. Helium Football In Helium Football, Adam and Jamie test out a myth that footballs filled with helium will fly further and hang longer than ones filled with regulation air. In Catching a Bullet in your teeth, the build team undertake tests in the firing line.
9. Franklin's Kite Testing the model of Ben Franklin for electricity and whether it can survive a manmade lightning strike of a million volts. Investigating the 2 top requested facts about flatulence.
10. Cell Phones on Planes Grant, Tory and Kari tackle a conspiracy theory familiar to many frequent fliers. Can your cell phone interfere with a plane's instruments? And Adam and Jamie test out the myth that if you fill a normal raft with helium, that you can fly on it.
11. Bullets Fired Up Adam and Jamie attempt to solve another high calibre conundrum to see if a celebratory gun fire can kill when the bullets fall back to earth. Meanwhile the other members shake their thirst on another round of Vodka myths.
12. Myths Reopened A look back at myths that generated a truck load of angry fan mail. In Split Arrow, the 3 Mythkateers take another aim at Robin Hood's arrow. The Confederate Rocket will be tested with a Salami launch. Another shot at Bullet-Proof water.
13. Mind Control Adam and Jamie attempt to blow open a home improvement myth with dynamite. The 3 Mythkateers tackle mind control by manipulating someone's mind remotely.
14. Exploding Pants Tory, Kari, and Grant investigate a fashion disaster when farmers' trousers suddenly explode. In the Great Gas Conspiracy, Adam and Jamie investigate whether the gas and car companies deliberately make gas guzzling cars to increase profits.
15. Steam Cannon In Archimedes Steam Cannon the results are truly spectacular as Adam and Jamie build the mother of all cannons . While in Breakfast Cereal, an eating competition with a difference beckons as Adam and Jamie put Mrs. Savage to the test!
16. Killer Whirlpool Everyone's going round in circles. Adam and Jamie get sucked in by a famous nautical myth-tery about killer whirlpools. Tory, Kari and Grant are in over their heads, snowed under by a snowplow.
17. Crimes and Myth-demeanors 1 It's Great Hollywood Heists as Adam and Jamie once again put movie myths to the test in a story so big it covers two episodes. Are Hollywood heists complete hocus pocus or can they really crack the tightest security systems in the world?
18. Crimes and Myth-demeanors 2 In Crimes and Myth-demeanors, the team is going up against the latest real-world alarm solutions to see whether they can live up to their claims.
19. Shattering Subwoofer On this episode the guys ask, can a car stereo destroy a car with just sound? Adam and Jamie pump up the bass to find out. And the Tory, Kari, and Grant hit the road to take on two tall tales from down under.
20. Deadly Straw Jamie and Adam answer the burning barnyard myth - can a hurricane blow the feathers off a chicken? Meanwhile, Grant, Tory and Kari embrace their sadistic sides and turn the workshop into a horticultural house of horrors.
21. Earthquake Machine Adam and Jamie take on one of the greatest scientist/inventor and myth creator legends of all time, Nikolai Tesla and his Earthquake Machine. Tory and Kari investigate a lethal lava lamp.
22. Diet Coke and Mentos Adam and Jamie are trying to figure out the theory behind the chaos when diet cola and mentos mix. Inspired by an Internet phenomenon, The Mythbusters take on the controversy surrounding these fizzy fountains.
23. Killer Cable Snaps Jamie and Adam explore the theory that if a high tension cable snaps it can slice a person in two. Also, Tory and Kari explore the myth of 'archaeo-accoustics,' that ancient pottery contains sounds from the past and can be played back and heard today.
24. Concrete Glider Adam and Jamie test the old engineering challenge; like a lead balloon, you can't make a concrete glider fly. And there's nothing like a challenge to focus these Mythbusters' massive minds!
25. Air Cylinder Rocket In Air Cylinder Rocket, Adam and Jamie test the myth known to every high school metal-shop teacher: can a cracked valve on a compressed-air cylinder actually blast the tank right through a cinder-block wall?
26. More Myths Revisited Myths Revisited offers Jamie and Adam the chance to clear their name! Returning to the most controversial myths, they repeat them to see if their original answer was genuine or bogus.
27. Exploding Lighter Jamie and Adam have a gas exploring the myth of the 'Exploding Lighter' - that a small, disposable butane lighter can suddenly ignite with the force of several sticks of dynamite.
28. Anti-Gravity Device Christmas comes once a year, but not on Mythbusters! They just can't wait for the silly season. And can you simply turn off gravity with the flick of a switch? Kari, Grant, and Tori test the claims of several anti-gravity devices.
29. Firearms Folklore Just when you think Adam and Jamie have tested every gun legend in history, they come up with three more myths. Meantime, Kari, Grant and Tori go to great lengths to see whether mankind's first and simplest tool could be far more dangerous than you think.
30. 22,000 Foot Fall Jamie and Adam take the plunge on a myth that originated in WWll and detonate the biggest explosion in MythBusters history! In the meantime, the light and shade to the biggest MythBusters explosion ever is provided by Light's ON/OFF.
31. Shop 'til You Drop Find out where to source an aircraft toilet, a dead pig, four cement trucks, or clothing fit for a Ming Dynasty astronaut. Adam and Jamie reveal their favorite secret shopping locations. Sit back and enjoy as Adam and Jamie shop till they drop.
32. Hollywood on Trial The MythBusters want to know --scratch that, they need to know-- just how Hollywood pulls off some of their most spectacular stunts and eye-popping effects. In addition, revisit a collection of Hollywood's biggest big screen myths from previous shows.
|Starring||Jamie Hyneman, Adam Savage|
|Supporting actors||Tory Belleci, Grant Imahara, Kari Byron, Torrence Hall, John Hunt, Robert Lee, David G. Mohler, Alan Normandy|
|Producers||Mary Donahue, Eric Haven, Scott Rettberg, Linda Wolkovitch|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|