5.0 out of 5 stars Decent port of an awesome game
Published 10 months ago by Neon Body Style

2.0 out of 5 stars game is decent
but i made the mistake of not checking the right demographic. its probably a fun game for teenagers but not someone who's been out of school for ages. so i was bored after giving it 30 minutes gametime. otherwise probably a fun game for youths.
Published 8 months ago by George Robins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent port of an awesome game, May 27, 2013
This review is from: Bully: Scholarship Edition [Online Game Code] (Software Download)
The biggest flaw with the port of Bully would be the controls, but these are easily alleviated by using a gamepad, ideally the Xbox 360 controller itself. Other than that the game runs pretty well on the PC, and is just as fun as it was on the console. The gameplay is varied enough, and the story has the classic Rockstar tongue in cheek satire, and the sandbox world is fun to explore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, June 30, 2013
Good games taken with another offer for my steam library. I love it a lot, it's a good game. Bye.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, bad port, June 17, 2013
This game is exactly what you'd expect. It's a GTA-esque game with a school as a setting. The theming is nothing short of amazing. Every school clique is very different from one another, and the music itself is great. My only issue with this game is that it was originally a PS2 title, then ported to the PC and Wii, and you can clearly tell it doesn't run how it should, even with a good PC. The menus, for example, are all navigated with the keyboard, and if you want to use a gamepad, it might be a little confusing toggling it (try using the left and right keys on your keyboard on the "control settings", it took me a while to figure out)

The game is great, and if you're willing to overlook these non-game-breaking issues, you're in for a great ride. I managed to 100% the game in exactly 24 hours, but I had prior knowledge of the game, since I own the PS2 version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service Amazon!, April 3, 2014
I accidentaly bought the 'PC Download' version, while I wanted the 'Online Game Code' version (Steam DRM). Amazon replied my mail in probably 2-3 hours, issued a refund for my first purchase and I can get my Steam version right away. That is an excellent customer service, Amazon! Thanks a lot!

I'm sorry I haven't played the game yet. Just got the code and going to redeem on Steam now. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great with Patch, March 9, 2014
Amazing fun game. If you're playing it on Steam, Patch 1.2 it should already be in it. Happy Bullying !

5.0 out of 5 stars Code works on Steam, November 5, 2013
The code works on Steam and Bully is a fun game to kill time, I really like the funny cut-scenes and the art.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game, October 27, 2013
I had played the ps2 version years ago and decided to pick up the game again. A lot of new features but the same great missions and fighting I remember from the the game. I purchased the online game code for steam and so far I do not have any issues others seem to have had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistently Amazing, July 21, 2013
Rockstar hits gold again with this title, if you find yourself searching for a new open world game, but feel like this may not be as "edgy" as a GTA game, you're wrong. This game hits all the marks you'd expect and exceeds them in raw story telling.

2.0 out of 5 stars game is decent, August 5, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars interface is kludgy, July 26, 2013
I was looking forward to the story. But after having finished Mars War Logs and The Walking Dead not to much before that, the interface on Bully for what should have been a similar game just down right stinks. It is too bad really. The cut scenes are good. The acting has been well done for each character I have met so far. All very good stereotypes. But its a real big bummer when you get back to working your character because the port is so bad. There are other issues too, notably that for me the sound does not work right. Once the game starts, I cannot adjust the sound volume from my hot keys. A problem for me when the wife complains.

I will make an effort to play it some more and give it a fair chance but at the moment I cannot recommend it for any reason. I bet this was a cool game on the console, but it is another excellent example how porting games from console to PC can go real bad.

Hail Flavius!