5.0 out of 5 stars great watch
Published on February 26, 2010 by Boughner

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made
Purchased this for my son. We had to have it returned and repaired twice within the first month before I insisted on a complete refund. Don't know if it was a lemon, but it was the pits.

By the way, I asked for a replacement after it went in for the first repair, a week after I bought it - they refused.
Published 16 months ago by Kaulfurst

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, February 26, 2010
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96A108 Stainless Steel and Brown Leather Automatic Mechanical Watch (Watch)
I have owned this watch for approximately six months and absolutely love it! I have received a number of compliments on the appearance and it wears very well on the wrist. My favorite aspects are the color of the watch with the leather band and the deployment clasp. It is very well made and keeps fantastic time. It does not hold the cache of an Omega or Rolex, but it does not have the price either. I plan on keeping this watch for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing, February 19, 2012
First, let me explain how to set the band since it caused me some problem and someone might be looking for the answer here :

You'll see on the middle metal piece which is curved and has these two sort of flat half-moons on each side. Press these half-moons towards the middle of the piece like with a regular metal watch band.

Then, flick up the metal part of the buckle with the Bulova symbol. It will be loose and then you will be able to fix it in the hole you want.

To close it, you just have to bring back the two curved metal parts on each side of that middle one towards that middle one in the direction of the curve and it will clip right in.

Ok. So the watch is amazing. I received so many compliments about it. It's a heavy, it's big but not oversized, it's an amazing man's watch and you feel that it sits right there on your wrist like an amazing trophy. Everyone around me notices it and can't believe I had it for what I paid for it. And the leather is so nice. It is great quality. The band is a bit tricky at first but it is so convenient you wouldn't imagine !

Bulova is a good company and this is a great watch. Not a Patek Philippe but a great timepiece for just a couple hundred dollars. Buy it. You won't regret it.

And for people who said the sweep second hand doesn't stop, making the watch less accurate, well you actually have to just give the crowns a couple of spins until you reach for the desired time to set, then you wait for the sweep second hand to be where you want it to be (00:00 I assume) and you tilt the crown back a bit. This will stop the movement until you push the crown back in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, July 17, 2012
The watch is very beautiful. I'm very happy with this purchase. The watch works for both casual and dressy wear. The clasp takes a little getting used to but I think it's a great and innovative feature for a leather banded watch. The main benefit I see to such a clasp is that usually in 6 months to a year of heavy wear, a leather band starts to crack from bending it to take it on and off. The clasp largely eliminates this bending, and I hope the band doesn't wear as much as normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first auto winding watch., April 13, 2011
Although I had some problem to start up the watch, but eventually I got over the problem. What happened was I followed the instruction of the paper and 'manually' winded the watch 5-6 times, and realise the energy stored didn't even last for 2 hours. However, after some googlings, I decided to wind it for one minute long and it's working perfectly fine now. If you wanna see the watch in action, you can youtube it here.. [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Have to see it in person, May 10, 2011
I couldn't be happier with this one. I'd have to say even at retail price it has great value. I was back & forth on it until I actually saw it in the store, it is brilliant in person!! Excluding the crown this is a 42 mm case diameter, including the crown the polished stainless steel case is right at 45mm. The description of 41mm was part of my initial hesitation. Leather strap is very nice (almost too dressy) but casual enough for me. Dial is beautiful with the balance wheel window at 7 o'clock. Pretty smooth sweep of second hand, exhibition case back & deployment clasp there's little to complain about.. Maybe missing a sapphire crystal?? But, not really a huge deal for those that go pretty easy on their watches and it also helps to keep the price down.

Overall, its hard to find one nicer at this price or even in the much more expensive ranges.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, March 26, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Alignment issue, October 14, 2013
I'm not sure what the deal is - but when we set this watch to the time (say 10 oclock exactly) the hour hand won't line up with the 10 oclock its somewhere in between 10 and 11 - has anyone else had this issue? I bought this as a 1st year anniversary gift for my husband and was so disappointed when he pointed this out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch with the sweep hand!, January 16, 2012
This watch has rich brown tones from band to dial. I love the sweeping secondhand. No more of that
bumpy click and die and click again, ugh! This is due to the 21 jewel movement with automatic self
winding action. Smooth! My only disappointment is that the luminescent hands don't light up well in the dark. The skeleton front portal and complete
opening on the case back is novel and probably only a personal joy to watch. You can share this secret with someone who cares about you.
The clasp is easy on and off and it keeps good time. I got the best deal at $203.00. A clock winding machine is essential. I bought an inexpensive
model from Amazon and shipped together. Diplomat Burl Wood Double Watch Winder with Off-White Leather Interior and 4 Program Settings

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch so far, July 22, 2011
I purchased this watch last week (July '11) from Amazon. It's pretty straight forward and I have no complaints. I have a fairly small wrist, and created a notch in the leather band between the 2nd and 3rd ones for an ideal fit.

One thing I noticed when looking at my watch vs Amazon's photos is that mine appears to have a different movement. It says "Japan 1927" on it near the center pivot screw, and the counter weight is different with the Bulova logo being printed on it and then has cutouts. The case back says B1 instead of B0 also. Anyone have info on this?

Update: Many people claim this watch only has 8 hours reserve power. I think with the new movement comes better reserve time-- I haven't worn my watch in over 18 hours and it's still right on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first sight, March 10, 2014
Oh, this was a gift for a dear beloved friend. It was love at first sight. The way it moves, how perfect it fits...

Rate and Discover Movies