Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on February 26, 2010
I have owned this watch for approximately six months and absolutely love it! I have received a number of compliments on the appearance and it wears very well on the wrist. My favorite aspects are the color of the watch with the leather band and the deployment clasp. It is very well made and keeps fantastic time. It does not hold the cache of an Omega or Rolex, but it does not have the price either. I plan on keeping this watch for a long time.
on February 19, 2012
First, let me explain how to set the band since it caused me some problem and someone might be looking for the answer here :

You'll see on the middle metal piece which is curved and has these two sort of flat half-moons on each side. Press these half-moons towards the middle of the piece like with a regular metal watch band.

Then, flick up the metal part of the buckle with the Bulova symbol. It will be loose and then you will be able to fix it in the hole you want.

To close it, you just have to bring back the two curved metal parts on each side of that middle one towards that middle one in the direction of the curve and it will clip right in.

Ok. So the watch is amazing. I received so many compliments about it. It's a heavy, it's big but not oversized, it's an amazing man's watch and you feel that it sits right there on your wrist like an amazing trophy. Everyone around me notices it and can't believe I had it for what I paid for it. And the leather is so nice. It is great quality. The band is a bit tricky at first but it is so convenient you wouldn't imagine !

Bulova is a good company and this is a great watch. Not a Patek Philippe but a great timepiece for just a couple hundred dollars. Buy it. You won't regret it.

And for people who said the sweep second hand doesn't stop, making the watch less accurate, well you actually have to just give the crowns a couple of spins until you reach for the desired time to set, then you wait for the sweep second hand to be where you want it to be (00:00 I assume) and you tilt the crown back a bit. This will stop the movement until you push the crown back in.
1010 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2012
The watch is very beautiful. I'm very happy with this purchase. The watch works for both casual and dressy wear. The clasp takes a little getting used to but I think it's a great and innovative feature for a leather banded watch. The main benefit I see to such a clasp is that usually in 6 months to a year of heavy wear, a leather band starts to crack from bending it to take it on and off. The clasp largely eliminates this bending, and I hope the band doesn't wear as much as normal.
on May 10, 2011
I couldn't be happier with this one. I'd have to say even at retail price it has great value. I was back & forth on it until I actually saw it in the store, it is brilliant in person!! Excluding the crown this is a 42 mm case diameter, including the crown the polished stainless steel case is right at 45mm. The description of 41mm was part of my initial hesitation. Leather strap is very nice (almost too dressy) but casual enough for me. Dial is beautiful with the balance wheel window at 7 o'clock. Pretty smooth sweep of second hand, exhibition case back & deployment clasp there's little to complain about.. Maybe missing a sapphire crystal?? But, not really a huge deal for those that go pretty easy on their watches and it also helps to keep the price down.

Overall, its hard to find one nicer at this price or even in the much more expensive ranges.
review image
on May 14, 2013
I like this watch because of the see through window on the dial showing the balance wheel and spring moving with each tick. The clear case back is fun to look at. You can see many of the gears moving and clearly see the escape wheel, pallet, balance wheel, and hairspring working. The watch keeps very accurate time. I set the minute hand exactly to the correct time and it stayed perfectly accurate even after several days with no noticeable variation. The genuine leather band is very comfortable and easily adjustable to my small wrist. The only thing I don't like about it is the non-hacking seconds. When you pull out the crown to set the time, the seconds always keep ticking. I set the minute hand to the correct time, and just dis-regard the seconds hand. The watch dial is large enough to tell the seconds down to 1/4 of a minute just by looking at the minute hand. You can manually wind the watch by simply turning the crown clockwise when the crown is pushed in. It isn't a screw-down crown, but I've gotten mine wet without any issues. Just be sure the crown is always pushed in after setting the time to keep the water out. I would never dive, shower, or swim with the watch on, but it should be safe if you get caught in the rain. This watch is great for every day wear, and is good for casual or formal clothes. It's not too flashy or large, yet it does reflect light nicely on the mirror finish hour marks and hands. The Domed mineral crystal is very scratch resistant, but the brushed stainless steel case can be scratched, like any other watch. The watch hands are easy to see in the dark, even after several minutes after being exposed to light. The tips of the hour marks and the entire hour/minute hands glow brightly green. I highly recommend this watch to anyone looking for a nice looking affordable automatic mechanical watch. Amazon sent my watch quickly and the watch came in perfect condition. The Bulova watch box is nice, and includes a manual. You can't find a nicer mechanical watch for this price anywhere else. I found it in my local mall for a much higher price.
on April 13, 2011
Although I had some problem to start up the watch, but eventually I got over the problem. What happened was I followed the instruction of the paper and 'manually' winded the watch 5-6 times, and realise the energy stored didn't even last for 2 hours. However, after some googlings, I decided to wind it for one minute long and it's working perfectly fine now. If you wanna see the watch in action, you can youtube it here.. [...]
on July 12, 2015
Fast shipping. Nice looking watch but turned out to be a disappointment. Box was worn. Watch appeared to be forced inside with its cushion. After setting and winding it seemed to work fine. When I was clasping the strap after putting it on my wrist, I noticed the seconds hand drop ahead 30 seconds and stop though movement was still running. I gave it a shake and it started to tick off and on. I'm familiar with automatics so I know this had nothing to do with me. Sadly I have to send it back. It's a nice looking, nice quality watch ( though broken) . I own other Bulova's and will continue to buy them. I'm under the impression we take risks when buying older models at a discount from online stores.
on July 22, 2011
I purchased this watch last week (July '11) from Amazon. It's pretty straight forward and I have no complaints. I have a fairly small wrist, and created a notch in the leather band between the 2nd and 3rd ones for an ideal fit.

One thing I noticed when looking at my watch vs Amazon's photos is that mine appears to have a different movement. It says "Japan 1927" on it near the center pivot screw, and the counter weight is different with the Bulova logo being printed on it and then has cutouts. The case back says B1 instead of B0 also. Anyone have info on this?

Update: Many people claim this watch only has 8 hours reserve power. I think with the new movement comes better reserve time-- I haven't worn my watch in over 18 hours and it's still right on time.
on October 14, 2013
I'm not sure what the deal is - but when we set this watch to the time (say 10 oclock exactly) the hour hand won't line up with the 10 oclock its somewhere in between 10 and 11 - has anyone else had this issue? I bought this as a 1st year anniversary gift for my husband and was so disappointed when he pointed this out!
on May 16, 2012
Love this watch!
I got it for my husband more than a year ago and he always gets a lot of compliments from his coworkers and friends when he's wearing it. Good quality watch and cool mechanical function. (No batteries needed)

See 1 answered question