Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on May 26, 2010
When I first saw the watch, the watch face was bigger than I expected. I compared it to my friends' watches, and the face is bigger than their watches. But after looking at it a couple more days, I got used to it. However, this watch is definitely not for those with smaller wrists.

The watch design itself is very beautiful. The face is simple, yet elegant, and the opening in the front adds an interesting detail to the watch. The clear back is also fun to look at.

The clasp mechanism takes a little getting used to, but you get the hang of it after a little while.

The ticking of the watch is a little louder than I expected though. When I put my citizen watch on my desk, I don't hear the ticking at all; however, I can hear the Bulova's ticking very clearing when it's next to me on the table. For those who prefer a quieter watch, maybe this isn't for you.

If you do get this watch, remember to wind it up a lot when you first get it. If you don't wind it up enough at first and you don't wear it the next day, it will stop. Remember to wind it before hand if you are not going to wear the watch for a day.

All in all, if you want a beautiful, simple, elegant watch without the expensive price tag, this is the watch for you. The only thing I would add would be a date window. However, I bought the watch knowing it did not show the date, so I won't complain about that. I chose this watch for its look and design, and it definitely lived up to that. People will definitely compliment your watch when you wear it.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2013
I loved this watch, however, 3 months after I bought it the metal borders around the openings in the front (where you can see the watch's guts) fell off. This had happened before to me on another watch that I accidentally dropped, however, this one hadn't received any bump or hard hit. I was actually wearing it and when I looked at the time I found the minutes hand tangled with the metal circles. Now is off to be repaired...
on September 16, 2011
I'm 60 years old and have been wearing a wristwatch since I was 18. I've worn Timex,Hamilton, Seiko, Omega, Rolex and Bulova wristwatches. I wear my watches 24/7 and I am rough on my watches. I owned the 96A111 for a week now and it has performed well. I haven't worn it in the shower yet as it has a leather wrist band. I've played golf and tennis with it on and was caught in a rain storm out on the golf course. I was drenched but there was no fogging of the crystal; it seems quite water tight. It has maybe lost 1-2 seconds. The reviewer that wrote his watch lost 2-3 minutes in one week should send it back. It is not working properly. The reviewer that stated he could hear his watch on the table should probably send his back for repair also as I have to put my watch to my ear to hear it ticking. I'm 5'9' tall and weigh 155 pounds. Yes, this is a big watch and I have small wrists but the watch wears comfortably on me and I became use to it in no time. All things considered, the 96A111 is an excellent wristwatch at a great price. Amazon service was prompt and as advertised. You can't go wrong with this watch or its price. Good job, Amazon !!!
0Comment12 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
I was in the market for a new watch. My requirements were
1) leather band
2) deployment buckle
3) automatic
4) stainless steel bezel

With those few requirements I had a ton of options. Most of which were in the 2-5k price range.

I then stumbled on this gem. It's exactly what I wanted and super reasonable price. I get tons of compliments and my colleagues and friends are genuinely shocked when I tell them how inexpensive it is.

I have not experienced issues with it losing time after several days or even a week.

Without using a watch winder it will usually continue to tick as long as I don't have it off for more than 12 hours and it's well wound.

Very well built, very nice looking, amazing price, perfect size (I am 6'3").

Thank you Bulova for saving me thousands of dollars!
on July 20, 2011
I received my watch about 10 hours ago. This is my review after spending a day with this item.

I bought this watch after researching watches on Amazon and some watch forums. I was attracted to the watch for several reasons. I like the fact that it is a mechanical watch as I am for some reason drawn to gears and moving parts. It's like you can look back at how things used to be made. Also, no batteries to replace!

I love the small window on the front. You can see the gears that move the second hand and when you just glance at the watch, it seems to have a heartbeat as the gears quickly move. The window on the back shows all of the internals but not much movement. If you wind it, you will see many gears moving.

I've read complaints from people about the size of the watch. I am a pretty normal sized (American) guy at 6'2 and 225 lbs. I think this watch fits my wrist perfectly. It's not gaudy or disproportional to my arm. It is thicker than other watches but I've seen Invicta watches that are much thicker. I guess if I have anything I would change, it would be slightly thinner.

The band is stiff as others have stated but I easily worked that out by simply bending the band and rolling it in between my thumb and forefinger. After and hour of wearing it, it was fine. The clasp is tricky at first but I don't have a problem with it. It seems you could remove the clasp mechanism and put a D ring on to make a normal band or you could just change out the whole band but I don't see the point in that yet.

I don't hear any ticking unless I hold the watch up to my ear. If I shake the watch, I can faintly hear the auto-wind mechanics inside it making noise but it is soft and goes away within seconds.

It really is a beautiful watch and I am happy with it. It passed my wife's "eye test" so that is certainly good.

I give it 5 stars for now based on construction, looks, size and price. If I find that it stops working or something goes wrong, I'll amend this review.
on May 6, 2010
I just received this watch and it looks excellent, runs well and works in casual or business settings. Definitely worth the price, which is fair for the quality.
on May 11, 2010
This is an excellent watch. It is an automatic , has a clear back, and cost 1/10 what this same quality watch would cost if it had that "Swiss Made " logo under the position at six oclock. I don't know how the Swiss sell at 10x the price, when this quality watch is available at 1/10 the cost. This watch is a BEST VALUE.
0Comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2012
it is a wonderful watch not only in appearance, but in his service, to be a "Bulova" and automatic is a good item at a good price. it is very well
on October 27, 2013
Very high quality. Looks like a much more expensive watch than it was. Beautiful designing, fluid hand movements. Keeps time very well for a mechanical watch. Leather strap is comfortable, does not loosen around wrist. Self winding works well, and requires daily winding in the morning, but will run for 24 hours once wound. Attention to detail by Bulova on this watch is stunning. Does not look gaudy or excessive as some Bulovas or Omegas go for. Simplicity can be bliss at times. Has some weight to it due to its somewhat heftyness but is not excessivly big such as some Guess watches out there that exceed 3 inches in diameter. I have a thin built wrist and it does not look awkward. Highly reccomended for someone looking for a moderatly priced watch that could easily look like a $700+ watch. Love it. Does not have calander but thats ok for my applications. Fast shipping, good packaging.
on October 25, 2011
This watch is just beautiful. I am not a huge collector or afficianado of watches but when I recieved the package and opened it up I knew I got the right one.

When I first opened the box up I was suprised at how big of a watch it was. I saw the dimensions on Amazon but it was larger than I was expecting. But I'm with that. It's not so large that it looks like a rappers piece of bling. It's just large enough to make a statement.

The band that the watch has is wonderful. Just start but pulling up on the outside Bulova clasp, that attaches to the band, to allow the changing of size. When you have it set push both sides down and it snaps together. I find it to be a little ingenius piece.

Whenever I go anywhere I get all kinds of compliments on this watch. Everyone from family and friends to clients and strangers. Just makes having it that much better.

Keep in mind this is an Automatic watch. That means that the watch runs on the motion of you wearing it. If you don't plan on wearing it but every so often look into a watch winder to make sure it stays wound.