5.0 out of 5 stars Precision Perfected
This is an absolutely fantastic watch (Black/Brown Leather Watch)

I look at a watch as two things: a mechanical time piece and a piece of art.

Published on July 31, 2011 by Herschel Greenberg

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice sweeping hands
Looks great and I love the sweeping hands. The band is pretty good quality and the face is a nice size. I wish they used a better crystal as mine has already scratched and I don't wear it as much as I would like to for fear of getting it all scratched up.
Published 18 months ago by Albert the 3rd

5.0 out of 5 stars Precision Perfected, July 31, 2011
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96B128 Precisionist Claremont Brown Leather Watch (Watch)
This is an absolutely fantastic watch (Black/Brown Leather Watch)

I look at a watch as two things: a mechanical time piece and a piece of art.

As a mechanical time piece, the Bulova Precisionist line claims to be accurate within 10 seconds a year. A normal watch is accurate within 15 seconds a month. I wanted to wait a few months before reviewing the watch, because I wanted to verify Bulova's claim. So far I detect no differences in its accuracy from month to month. What makes the watch so accurate? The crystal in this watch vibrates 8 times faster than normal, which means the second hand never stops! If you look at a normal watch, the second hand stops after it "ticks" each second. On the Precisionist watch, the seconds hand never stops--it is a continuously sweeping seconds hand. It is fascinating to watch the seconds hand move, or flow, while circling the watch. From this perspective, the Bulova Precisionist is a fantastic mechanical time piece, and I believe it will be accurate for a very long time.

On the other hand, a watch's physical appeal is subjective. Like all art, some people will like the appearance and others will not. In my opinion, it is the best looking watch I own. Beyond that, when I look at other watches in display cases in the store, I still think this is one of the best looking watches on the market. Everything about it has a modern "machined" looked, which goes with the theme of precision. The numbers look like stainless steel, set in their own divots, but raised within their confines. Light reflects off of each number differently, so as you rotate your wrist, the numbers appear to shine differently.

Even the inner circle is machined for precision. For example, the inner ring has notches on it, which helps tell the hours when the time is getting close to the next hour. The outer circle has marking for seconds (and even lines in between the seconds), but also includes numbers at 10, 20, 30, etc. Take together, this helps define the precision the watch is going for. In other words, I can tell exactly what time it is. This form, therefore, produces both an artistic affect and a functional one.

Despite the watch and it appeals, the band leaves something to be desired. Like other reviewers have noted, it is not the greatest band, and for some, the fake-looking alligator skin is a turn-off. Luckily, it is the easiest thing to change, and I will be getting a new, better, band when this one wears out.

Ultimately, I think a person has to look at a watch and "feel" the connection themselves. I personally love this watch, and I love it both for it mechanical perfection and its artistic appeal. It is both modern and classic at the same time. I highly recommend the Bulova Precisionist watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not what you'd think from the photo, October 30, 2012
This is an instance where the photo of the watch simply does not tell the story.
The 96B128 Claremont is a very good-looking watch when you actually see it. It exudes quality and has just enough heft
that one associates with a quality watch. The sweep second hand sets it apart from other quartz watches.
And it seems to have the same/similar fine movement as the other, mostly more expensive, Precisionist watches in the Bulova line.
The brown color gives the timepiece an unexpected richness. I don't know where you can find a watch this remarkably accurate,
with these looks, and this comfort, at such a low price. It's as if someone made a pricing mistake.
One observation: That nice curved mineral glass display "crystal" gives this watch an elegant look,
but for true nit-pickers, makes the watch face more difficult to read if you look at it at a very acute angle.
This one consideration is not nearly enough to take a rating star away.
Well done Bulova.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Surprise !, June 28, 2012
Siobhan "Book Wyrm" (Huntsville, Alabama) - See all my reviews
I purchased this Bulova Precisionist Claremont watch for my husband for a special anniversary gift after
I caught him looking at it several times on Amazon. He is a wonderful guy but he's rarely impressed by
status items or fancy things and so gift picking for him is always a challenge. Being an Engineer he was drawn to the Precisionist technology that claimed this watch was accurate to 10 seconds per year, plus
he liked the traditional styling and easy to read dial. I took a chance and ordered this watch and I must say that when it arrived it was even nicer looking than the Amazon photos showed. When my husband opened
this gift he was about as excited as Engineer's get .. which is saying something .. and he loved the watch.
He has worn it now for awhile and he has thanked me for this gift just about every day. He has also tested this watch for the accuracy of the time and it is spot on each time. Hard to impress an Engineer but this
watch has done exactly that. This is a really good looking watch, the brown color of the dial and the brown of the band are really perfect. The husband was not sure he would like a brown watch as all his previous
watches have been either black or silver but now that he has this watch he loves the brown color best.
He has had many compliments on it as well from both male and female co-workers. Great watch - perfect
accuracy and another great buy from Amazon ! Highly recommend this watch !

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly attractive and a very accurate watch, March 3, 2013
This watch is exactly what I expected it to be. It's light weight, durable and highly attractive. If you're looking for a everyday watch to wear without having to pay thousands, I suggest purchasing this watch. Well worth the money!

Pros:
1. Great styling. Looks great in person
2. Lightweight and easy to wear.
3. No water damage issues. Handles water well
4. Very accurate to date. Now 2 seconds off set time at first wear (After daily use of about 5 weeks)
5. Bang for buck

Cons:
1. The gator wrist band isn't convincing nor a piece of art. It feels somewhat cheap

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch!!, January 29, 2013
Im not crazy about battery powered watches, but I wanted this watch because I have an atomic wall clock that I like to calibrate to and monitor the accuracy of my watches. This one seems to work as advertised. It's gained about a second in a month. Pretty great, especially given the price. I wasn't crazy about the brown color of the dial at first, but it makes for a slightly more casual look which works fine with my daily wear watch collection. This is an otherwise very beautiful and substantial watch with a classy feel and a cool curvature to the crystal. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars just amazing!!!, March 21, 2013
I got this watch as a present for my grandad and he is the kind of man who likes to be really neat and good dressed. This is a piece of art.. 100% recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like this watch, February 16, 2013
A. H. (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
It is comfortable and good looking. Not as big a some of the giant Bulova watches on the market today and that is perfect for what I was looking for. Nice feel and weight. Very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, October 31, 2012
Watch is very well made, synced it with my atomic watch and has not lost a single second in the first month.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very first watch I own., July 22, 2014
I purchased this great watch about a year ago, and only the straps have faded out in parts of it. I have received many compliments on this very nice piece of jewelry, specially at the curved glass; That's a killer. Battery lasted an entire year with a delayed time of less than a minute, which I guess it's pretty good for a guy that has almost no knowledge about watches. I really don't have anything else to say but great things about the Bulova. Oh, another thing is that (I am 26 yrs old) it sort of add character to your clothing, but that's my opinion.

It will not disappoint for the price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, October 28, 2011
Geoff. (Eastern U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
Great watch. Top quality leather and the sweeping second hand is as good as it can get. Watch keeps impeccable time. The oval/round crystal isn't bad, but watch out for bumps and bangs.