5.0 out of 5 stars I'm the best wife ever...
I bought this watch for my husband (the pickiest gift-receiver on the planet) for Fathers Day and he absolutely loves it! Another reviewer said, "It's almost as if transformers made a watch." and that's definitely true. It's very heavy, but that adds to the manliness of it. And if he can't get to the gym, he can do bicep curls with it! It's a simply gorgeous watch.
Published on June 18, 2011 by Kim G

1.0 out of 5 stars This watch did not work!
The watch was not working properly. I had to return it! I ordered another one, I hope this time I have better luck.
Published 10 months ago by Flavio

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm the best wife ever..., June 18, 2011
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96B131 Precisionist Black Dial Steel Bracelet Watch (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars classy but bulky watch, January 5, 2011
This is by far the nicest and classiest watch I have purchased. The yellow sweeping second hand did it for me! I was looking for a larger, heavier bulkier watch and I found it! Very classy and sporty ! But warning,,,this is not a watch if you are of a smaller build or do not have somewhat
large forearms. I am 5'10" 220 lbs weight lifter so I am on the stalky side. If you are of a smaller build I do not think that this watch is for you..You may be walking crooked from the weight of the watch! But I have no regrets...best watch I have ever purchased and believe me I own a lot
of watches!

5.0 out of 5 stars Precisionist...should be Perfectionist, February 14, 2011
Like the other reviews, the size of this watch is not for the faint of wrist, but I love large watches. This watch gets looks, the angles on the strap have some polished angles and you cannot help but notice the reflection it puts off. The finish is so bright and pristine it truly shines. Great color combination that goes with everything. It is not a daily wearer for me, but perfect for the night out or when you want to feel confident from the obviously cool watch you are sporting.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Watch!, May 5, 2012
I get comments on this watch all the time...it's definitely an eye catcher. I've read some reviews where people say that the face is really big and the watch is heavy, but after about a week wearing it, I don't even notice the size of it anymore. Great watch!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!!!, February 3, 2012
This purchase now brings my Bulova watch count up to eight, and it has quickly become my favorite of them all. The watch is a very striking piece, one that is sure to get several second looks and compliments. As mentioned in previous reviews, this is a big, heavy watch and may take some getting used to if you have never worn one before. The sweeping second hand is very cool, and this watch can be worn for both casual and formal attire. The looks and quality are what you would expect from Bulova, and I am very satisfied with it. If you are a collector, or just looking for a good quality timepiece, the 96B131 is an excellent choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, December 26, 2010
This watch is simply stunning. The sweeping second hand is mesmerizing and catches your eye right away. This watch definitely gets second glances!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, February 26, 2012
Received this watch as a Valentine's Day gift and couldn't be happier with it. I set it perfectly with the U.S. atomic clock the day I got it and a week later it is still exactly on point. It is (by far) the most precise and best looking timepiece I have ever owned. We looked at watches at a couple of retail stores and this model was at both for $540-$599. To my surprise we came home to find it on Amazon for under $400 and jumped on it. My only complaint (if I absolutely HAD to find a fault) would be that the 4 screws at the corners of the watch face are a bit squared instead of rounded, and therefore have caught occasionally on clothing and have a tendency to scratch car leather. However, this is a very minor nuisance and nothing that would keep me from buying this good looking watch again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, very high Quality, May 12, 2011
I love this watch. It is a larger than average watch (which I am a fan of), the bracelet is extremely high quality, it has a screw in crown, and it has lume (not the best, but it works). It is classy enough I feel I can wear it with a suit, and it is casual enough I can wear it everyday. The movement is incredible, the sweeping motion is every bit as good as my omega planet ocean auto. I continually compare it to the atomic clock, and so far it has not disappointed. I highly recommend this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true Beauty!, December 25, 2010
Pascal (La Habana, Cuba) - See all my reviews
I flipped over backwards this morning when I opened the box Santa brought.
WOW! This is a chunky piece of art!... and that smooth sweeping second hand !!
Simply breathtaking !

4.0 out of 5 stars It's big and heavy but...., January 6, 2011
I may have set a record between the time I first saw the ad for this and when I purchased it. The first impressions are how big and heavy it is. It can be a bit rough on your wrist when the crown pushes against the back of the hand. Adjusting the bracelet to take up the slack helps. It's almost as if transformers made a watch. We put it to the test to see how well it keeps time and so far, it seems right on the mark. The continuous sweep second hand actually pulses very finely as if it was on a very fine ratchet. There is a subtle Citizen look to this watch and for good reason now that the company bought the Bulova name. Being a collector, this was another must have. If you want a good daily workhorse, I'd suggest something a little lighter and less bulkier. The price is a bit steep but the design and line is a bit novel so why not. Adjusting the bracelet is done by removing pins, then links and re assembling the band. Fine tuning is done on the clasp. The bracelet is nice enough but the primary latch feels a little cheesy. The size and weight could be a problem. This is not a watch for working around equipment or in tight places. It could almost double as a travel clock due to its size. The manual says it needs a battery once every year and that's disappointing as many watches will run for several.

Pros: Easy to read dial, smooth second hand, nice date window.
Cons: Big, heavy, battery life.
Bottom line: Fun for collections and occasional wear but not for every day. Nice for the night stand, though.

Rate and Discover Movies