Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bulova Men's 96C107 Black Dial Stainless Steel Watch
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 17, 2011
I just got this watch and think it is excellent. I would have happily paid double of what I paid on Amazon for this watch. It is a dressier looking watch, but can also be worn casually with jeans. The pictures really don't do it justice as it looks a LOT better in person. I was on the fence from the previous reviews, but now that I bought it I can say that I am very satisfied. I hope this helped with your decision.
on December 26, 2011
I was searching for a new watch, and this one was my "first choice". Unfortunately, I talked myself out of it, thinking that it was a small watch (looking at the pictures of it on Amazon, the face appears small in comparison to the size of the band), and purchased a Citizen watch instead. When it arrived, it had scratches on the band, so I took the opportunity to send it back and purchase this one instead.

This one arrived and I was a bit shocked at the size. The band is actually a lot wider than what I'd call a traditional men's dress watch, which means the face itself is actually a good size. I'm 6'1" tall, medium build, this watch looks "solid" on my arm. If you're smaller in size, this watch would definitely be too big for you.

Having worn it for a couple days now, here are some pro's and con's for the watch:

PROS:
1) It's solid. Very solid. You definitely won't feel like you're going to break it.
2) The black face with the slight pattern looks nice. It's not too distracting, but does add character to the watch.
3) The chrono feature is a nice way to display the day of the week, the day of the month, and the 24 hour time equivalent.
4) It's water resistant up to 30 meters, so no worry about getting it wet! (Note: This number may not actually be correct. It's listed as 30m on the Amazon listing though another reviewer says that the manual doesn't list it as 30m resistant.)
5) It's classy enough to wear to work with a tie, but casual enough to wear with jeans and a polo.
6) The price is excellent. I purchased at $169.15, while local jewelry stores were selling the same model for $289.

CONS:
1) It's a heavy watch (stainless steel band and case) so you'll definitely notice it on your arm. It may in fact be the heaviest watch I've ever owned (even heavier than the Fossil chrono I had a few years back).
2) While I do like the three chrono dials, they can be somewhat difficult to read in low light situations. Of course, this isn't a big deal - how many times do you find yourself in a movie theatre, wondering if it's Monday the 26th or Tuesday the 27th?
3) Speaking of low light, there is no "glow in the dark" on this watch. If it's pitch black, you're NOT going to read this watch.

A couple of other notes. It doesn't have a perpetual motion second hand, but it's also NOT a precisionist model watch, so don't expect that if it's what you're looking for. It's also battery powered, so you'll eventually have to replace that once it wears down (no movement or solar charging on this one).

All in all, I'm very pleased with this watch. It's a great buy if you're looking for a watch you can wear for work and play.

UPDATE: 6 months later, I'm still loving this watch. I've gotten used to the larger size and weight. And surprisingly, after having worn it nearly every day since I got it, there are no scratches on the face (which is unheard of considering how rough I am on watches). If you're on the fence, definitely give this one a shot!
on October 17, 2011
I just received this watch today and I am returning it for two small, but annoying reasons:

1. The watch is a lot bigger than advertised. I looked at the specs and they claim that it is 40mm wide, but it actually is much wider. The best way to judge is if you look at the picture of the watch Amazon has posted alongside a scale. You can see that the width is actually close to 50mm at its widest part. Amazon has other watches for sale that claim to be 40mm and match up correctly with the scale. I assume that the specs are just listed incorrectly for this model.

2. This isn't really a huge deal and probably most people wouldn't care, but I couldn't let it go: The day changes on mine at close to 6 am. It just seems bizarre. I called Bulova and say they say this is normal, but I would rather have a watch that had a day setting that changed closer to midnight. Again, if this doesn't bother you, by all means purchase this watch.

Besides these two items, the watch is beautiful as most Bulovas are. Just be warned about the size!
on October 24, 2012
I am not sure how I feel about this watch yet; got it 5 days ago and I made sure to keep all the plastic wrappers as I might send it back. While the watch is OK looking, and the black face has nice detail (when the light hits it at the right angle, otherwise one cannot see the details), the size was a disappointment; it is just barely the absolute minimum size I could accept in a men's watch. It really is more a stylish dress watch, much less so a sporty watch with a solid feeling to it (which I hoped for). Some reviewers mentioned that the watch is big - it is not. The numbers posted by the seller are actually fairly accurate - face without crown is about 40mm in diameter, black part alone is only 35mm (which is small). The band at the clasp is 20mm wide. I will post some pictures.
review image review image review image review image review image
on November 26, 2011
This is one beautiful watch. The first thing that struck me when I opened the watch was the "background". It is a textured background that looks different from different angles. The three smaller faces are: One for the date, one for the hours of the day, and the last smaller face is for the day. The watch is an excellent size: not too big nor too small. Once you put it on, you don't even notice it: the weight is excellent.

The only small issue is a creaky noise when the watch slides (It's not my wrist...I hope). It comes from the links but again, only when it slides and you are expecting to hear it.

Overall, a great watch that looks 10x more expensive than what we will pay for it!
on April 10, 2015
I will probably try again when the price drops but in sync with many other reviews it appears to have moisture on the inside. I noticed spots on the hands, which is not acceptable as my intent for this was a dress watch. Who wants a non shiny dress watch with water spots on the inside? Seems to be a consistent issue, maybe a bad batch of them just wasn't sealed properly. Regardless it was a beautiful watch and mine did have the Bulova Tuning Fork symbol, which suggests it was slightly older than the newer ones that dont have that symbol on them.
on June 2, 2011
Love the watch! Looks great. Is both casual and formal. Also, the face has a nice look to it and looks a little different depending on the angle. I spent a long time shopping for watches and decided on this model. It has far exceeded my expectations both in quality and looks.
on July 3, 2016
This is my third Bulova (this year) and my favorite maker of timepieces. I'm lucky enough to financially afford most any maker but always spend on the Bulova brand. I'm also very hard on my watches and go through them quickly so cost can keep me away from a top of the line brands. Yes I make enough but buying 2 or 3 Rolex's a year would be stupid. I work with horses everyday but I hate wearing a watch with fabric and or rubber watch band and prefer metal. I also like wearing a nice watch everyday even at work which why I prefer Bulova's. Not too costly, very well made, really great looking watches that take a beating that I know for a fact.

You can spend more on other great looking watches but you can't beat the bang for a buck that Bulova puts into their products.
on January 14, 2012
This watch looks amazing. You have to hold it in your hands to get what I'm saying.

The watch I received was defective. One of the screws on the top fell off on the first day. A week later I had to wear it for a wedding. When I went to remove the watch after the wedding, the crown was missing and the watch stopped working. There is no way the watch would have been abused because I wore it under my shirts plus I had my suit on. Thankfully I purchased it from amazon. One call and they agreed to replace it. Hopefully the replacement lasts much longer.
on November 30, 2014
Very disappointed. The watch looks great, but stops all the time almost right from the beginning. My husband thought maybe a new battery would help, but it stopped again shortly after the new battery was installed. It is our experience that a watch battery lasts so long that you can't even remember the last time you replaced it. Sorry we got this watch.