5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!
Published on November 14, 2007 by Polly Wally

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
Published on March 3, 2009 by Sophi

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, November 14, 2007
MODERN, FEMININE, UNIQUE AND SOPHISTICATED. This watch is even more beautiful in person! I've had it for about 1 month now and have gotten so many compliments. I can't stop looking at it, it's just that pretty. This particular model really stands out, especially when you compare it to the other Bulova watches for women, or women's watches in general. Not to mention it looks like it costs a fortune! This model is much bigger and heavier than your average women's watch, so it is not a watch to buy if you want something discrete. The diamonds are very very tiny and you can barely see them, so if you are looking for something with bigger, more visible diamonds, you will need to spend a lot more. My favorite thing about this watch, besides the fact that the face is so gorgeous and unique, is that I can dress it up or down. It can look sporty or super dressy. It goes with everything!

PS. I was considering Bulova's Diamond Chronograph Watch #96R19 (very popular model). In person, this one is waaaay better looking and much more sophisticated! Not to mention I wanted something not everybody has. It looks like it costs 10x more than the #96R19. I am so glad I saw them in person before making a decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Marine Star!, November 28, 2007
I just got mine today after much debating between this and the round face Bulova 96R19 model. It was a tough choice, but I finally settled on the square face after going to Macy's and comparing the two styles side by side. This square-face style looks slightly larger than the round-face style, in person. Also, the band on this watch is noticeably wider. It is a heavy, substantial-feeling timepiece. The watch is also MUCH shinier in person than in the photos here. I suggest looking at the JCPenney website's pictures of this watch, as they are great and seem to be truer in color and clarity to the actual watch. I love my Marine Star, so far. I have had a Tag Heuer for years, and I initially looked at getting another one, but when I was browsing, I stumbled on this Bulova, and I just LOVED the styling. It is so beautiful, and it's such an elegant, expensive-looking watch for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Watch, February 9, 2008
This watch looks much more expensive than it is. I have gotten so many compliments on it. It has a 'rugged' look to it because it is square and chunky. If you're looking for a dainty feminine watch, this is not it. The face is quite large and the band is substantial. I have had men ask me if it is a man's watch. But if you like "strong" jewelry (think David Yurman style) this is the watch for you. The band is quite large for normal wrists, I had to have 3 links removed so it would fit appropriately. But other than that, LOVE IT!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, March 3, 2009
Sophi (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bulova Women's 96R000 Diamond Accented Chronograph Watch (Watch)
I thought it would have at least a little more sparkle than what is actual. It's a nice watch. Good for everyday use. I do get compliments on it.Reading all the previous reviews I was waiting to be knocked off my feet and I wasn't. It's just nice, works well, and it can be dressed up or down. But I use it for everyday wearing. If you're going to get this watch, get it on sale because it is not worth full price. I got it about half off and that's why I didn't return it. Full price they would of gotten it back. Hope this is helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, March 10, 2008
D. M. Pereira (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered this watch because I was looking to get away from my round face watches, wanted something different. I wasn't disappointed when I received it. Perfect. Chunky. Just enough bling, but not too much so you can't wear it everyday. I have owned other Bulova watches before and this one is my favorite thus far. Not sure I will ever use the chronograph part of this watch but it one striking watch and I get compliments on it all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant, beautiful watch, April 10, 2008
tahpadar (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
I really love the way it looks. It is pretty big which is the size that I like for women's watch. It's also elegant and has all features I have looked for: chronograph, date, and luminous hands. However, the luminous hands does not work as I expected. It barely glow in the dark. I am not sure how bright it is supposed to be, but mine is absolutely dark in the dark. I still love it and rate it five stars though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected, December 1, 2009
I`ve just received it, and I`m really happy with it. The only comment I have to make (not negative..just an observation) is that the white background in the picture, makes the matte finish on the band of the watch appear more matte than it appears in person.

Other than that, the watch feels substantial on my wrist and gives the feeling that it is a sturdy watch that will stand the test of time however, I can`t really speak to it`s durability since I`ve only had it for an hour.

The diamonds on the bezel are just enough to and add a bit of sparkle without being too ostentatious. As a package..this watch is perfectly understated BLING.
The markers on the face glow in the dark as well (nice touch)

It`s not the watch for you if you like a small dainty watch. It is larger and sits higher off the wrist than the "normal" woman`s watch and has a slightly masculine feel...while still clearly looking like a woman`s watch.

What really helped to sell this watch for me were the pictures that someone posted here on Amazon, of the watch on her hand. It brought this watch to life for me. I wish there were pictures like that of all the watches being sold on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, durable, and affordable, October 1, 2010
I've been a Bulova lover for awhile now, ever since buying the Bulova Men's 98C62 Marine Star Watch as an inexpensive alternative to the Omega Men's 2220.80.00 Seamaster 300M "James Bond" Automatic Chronometer Watch Daniel Craig wore in his first James Bond movie. While that watch is great, with its over-sized face, it's a sporty watch and for women, not quite suitable for dressier ensembles. As a result I began to look for a less casual watch, and once again found a Bulova to suit my sensibilities.

In all other types of jewelry, I tend toward the delicate, but for some reason prefer a more substantial watch, and this one does so without being clunky. Unlike my other watch, it's actually a women's watch, and its nifty chronographic dials make it sporty, but the face itself is quite delicate, with tiny diamonds framing it that do not in any way scream "bling." While I can't wear this one in the tub or while swimming, it illuminates well enough at night that I can see it in the dark, which is important to me.

None of that would matter, though, if it didn't also keep perfect time. Which it does. This is ideal for those of you looking for a watch you can dress up or down, all without spending a fortune.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Gem of a Watch, January 6, 2009
This watch is everything I wanted when looking for an oversized womens watch. The detailing is wonderful and looks great on your wrist. I wish that it had a little larger diamonds but for the price you cannot beat it. I have had lots of compliments on it. It is sized to fit about a 7 1/2 wrist so if you have a larger wrist, you will have to call Bulova and request a couple of extra links.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks, feels great, July 8, 2014
I've had my eye on this Bulova watch for some time now. As a lover of watches, I was looking to add to the collection I have, in addition to adding a second Bulova. The pictures shown actually make this watch look a lot bigger than it is. I have tiny wrists, so most watches look bigger on me anyway. But much to my surprise it fit perfectly and did not look over-sized. The square face is definitely bigger than some of the daintier models, but not so big as to look bulky. It has a good weight to it and the functions on this watch are pretty cool. For the price, it's definitely worth the price.