5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch with roman numerals and clean lines.
I like the look of this watch which has nice clean lines with a white face and black roman numerals and hands. The second hand is gold like the case. The case is also fairly thin at about 0.25 inches (0.5 cm).

Published on December 6, 2008 by Michael K. Hawes

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, short band.
Watch is just as advertised and I'm pleased with it. The leather band; however, is too short to be usable. I'll have to spend an additional $20-30 for a longer band.
Published 15 months ago by David H. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch with roman numerals and clean lines., December 6, 2008
This review is from: Bulova Men's 97B13 Black Tortoise Shell Leather Strap Watch (Watch)

I did not find the strap too small as indicated in two of the reviews. I must have smaller wrists. I measured the length of the strap from the the buckle to the pre-drilled holes and it should fit wrists with a circumference of 6.75 to 8.25 inches (17.5 cm to 21 cm). There is an additional 0.5 inches (1 cm) in which you could drill your own hole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulova 97B13, November 8, 2007
I have had this watch for nearly 10 years. Except for a scratch in the crystal, it still looks great. I wear it nearly every day. It has outlasted 4 or 5 bands. I love it and I want another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Bulova, October 31, 2011
This is a favorite timepiece. The classic roman numbers on the clean white dial and contrasting black hands make this an all the time watch. I have a Breitling navitimer and a Vacheron, but the Bulova goes everywhere. The calendar is handy on the job. The quartz movement is right on the mark when checked with WWV or the internet site. The leather strap is the right choice for the watch and it completes the classic look and style.

I would buy it again and the price is a value. I like the quartz movt. as it is accurate and does not stop during a long rest. The watchcase is nicely styled with the lugs helping the classic look. The crown is small and causes no skin irratation, the calander is quick set and the gold second hand does not get confused with the minute hand.
It is winner!

4.0 out of 5 stars keeps good time but the strap is tiny and date window is small, September 8, 2007
J. Albert (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
The watch has clean lines and so far appears to keep time accurately. The leather watch strap, however, is quite small. I don't have particularly large wrists, but even when the last(7th)opening is used the band is too tight. With the strap adjusted to the first position, it practically fits my Yorkie - hardly a man sized watch!

Also, the date window is a bit small for those of us whose eyesight is beginning to fade.

4.0 out of 5 stars keeps good time but small, March 7, 2008
J. Albert (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
The watch keeps very good time and is nice looking. I only have 2 compaints:

1. The band is quite small. I do not have a large wrist, but the strap is on the last notch. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with a medium or large wrist.
2. I left 2 messages with the technical department at Bulova to determine if there was a problem or if I could get a larger size. No response.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, but the strap...woof..., March 29, 2012
The face of this watch is very clean and simple, which was what I was looking for. It is dressier than the pictures make it look. The band, however, does look cheap and is a little small. I ended up putting a new band on it and now it looks great. If you are buying this as a business watch, look to spend another $30 on a nice band to put on it. FYI, the band width is 18mm, in case any buyers want to go ahead and order a new strap along with this watch...

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, March 21, 2010
Clean, simple look, but a hint of elegance with the Roman numerals on the face. Good price too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but., January 21, 2011
Great watch for nice engagements. Very light and sophisticated looking. Too fragile for rough everyday wear. Only downside, the band appears cheap even though it is real leather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sylish old-fashion watches, April 17, 2012
Fist let me state my needs for watches: I need it to be stylish and appealing to my eye and heart, and I need it to have second hand so I can actually note down the time (for exercises and etc).

This Bulova model was about the only appropriate model. Roman numerals and overall design give it just the necessary amount of "sir" feeling that I need. It somehow reminds me of the lost Russian Empire (lost to communism) that had awesome culture which I really value.

The leather wristlet is the only design issue: even though it gives additional amount of grace, a gold metal wristlet would definetely give more luxury and brightness. Which I'd prefer. But the dark-dark leather is still good enough and elegant.

As to quality of materials, the leather in the wrisltet is probably an actual leather, but I'm not a professional judge. The glass is pretty easily soiled. The gold-filled metal is not.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a good elegant old-fashion watches, this is probably your natural choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulova watch, March 21, 2010
I was very pleased with the watch itself, but I thought that the strap was cheap.
I ended up buying a new strap for it.

Rate and Discover Movies