Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on December 6, 2011
Bought this for myself as a Xmas gift! Exactly what I was looking for as far as style, I am not a watch snob or have a huge collection. It looks great on my wrist and not too big at all, it's just right. My other daily wearer was a Citizen skyhawk. I love the sweeping second hand on this one. Only thing I could see me maybe not liking down the road is the rubber strap if it doesn't hold up. I have had others that end up breaking, but they can be replaced. But it fits fine now and getting lots of compliments on it so far. The crown (to set the time) is a screw down type which I have never had on a watch before. You unscrew to pull out and use, then you can screw it down by hand to keep it from accidentally being pulled out and keep a tight seal. Very clean looking design, I love it.
on August 19, 2013
Was given this watch as a gift, but I had learned about it before when doing research for an article on new watch technology. It is without a doubt the finest watch I've ever owned, better than any Rolex I've owned. Its timekeeping is so accurate that the error is vanishingly small. If it's inaccurate, I can't detect it. Appears to keep virtually perfect time. Twice a year, when the time changes to daylight savings time and back, I reset it for that reason. Throughout the year it seems absolutely perfectly accurate. It's handsome, rugged, easy to read the time, and the crystal seems pretty impervious to scratching. But the most amazing feature is its imperviousness to water. I'm frankly mystified by reviewers who complain about this. Six mornings a week I swim laps in an indoor pool. The watch is submerged for 90 minutes nonstop. No problem. I used to own a Rolex sea dweller, the ruggedest submersible watch they make. The Bulova Precisionist #98B142 outperforms the Rolex. It is superlative to the Rolex in every dimension except, maybe, snob appeal. Strongly recommend this watch.
on May 27, 2014
I've owned this watch for two years now, by far the best watch I've ever owned and worth every penny. It's absolutely gorgeous. The face-dial size is perfect and very manly, and nothing is overdone. It's elegant and powerful. The movement is impeccably accurate and the sweep always is fun to look at and makes you wonder how smooth the mechanics are inside. Carbon-fiber face is a great sporty touch, and the dials light up great at night, it's just the perfect combination. The version I have has the tuning-fork Bulova symbol at top which is awesome. Bulova is phasing this logo out so get it while you can! Also, I wore the rubber strap for a while but eventually not digging the faded and worn look of it, I did get the rubber band swapped out for a nice marbled black leather one...looks 2x as manly and makes it a much more handsome watch! You won't regret this buy, and the movement really is an incredible engineering feat. 5 Stars on this one guys!
on August 3, 2015
The outer box is dirty and broken! the inside watch is dusty just like a piece of rubbish!!! Moreover the instruction book is teared!!! This must be a fade product and defective one resell!!!!!!!!!!! How can Amazon sell this!!??????? Very bad product!!!!!! Don't waste time and money on this s*** !!!
review image review image review image review image review image
on September 22, 2011
I've been looking for a solid Black watch that was still sporty for a long time.
Bulova pulled off a great look with the Precisionist. I've a smaller wrist and most
watches tend to look like wall clocks on my wrist, the Bulova sits quite well and features
a curved glass, breaking the large size appearance.

The reason I've not given this watch a 5 star review is as follows;
Three times I've had the watch fog up, only to take hours before the glass was clear.
Keep in mind, i'm not swimming in this watch (rated to 300 Meters). I'm taking it off prior to
a shower. I'm not sure if I've received a bad watch or if it's a constant.

Still for the money, it's a great watch at a great price. I still wear this watch often, and will likely continue to.
on January 27, 2015
Phenomenally Accurate. I set it with time.gov a few weeks back, and it has barely drifted 1 second, if that.
I also made a small change to the dial, and colored the white markers black, because, to me, they looked a bit too bright. (permanent marker, no special paint).
Looks great for casual wear, smooth sweep of the second hand, and accurate as it can get. Whats not to like!

Feb 25 Update.
Accurate to the second. It had drifted 1 second ahead, but slowed down just a tad. now spot on with the Ft. Collins clock.
April 1 update: Still spot on with the Ft Collins Atomic clock. Phenomenal.
on May 29, 2014
You may find more expensive watches, but you won't find many better looking watches out there. This is a GREAT looking watch that has a face not cluttered with chronograph dials. Come on, none of us use these dials unless we go down in a jungle somewhere; or, are chosen to time an athlete in the 40 for some odd chance.

It is also a heavy watch, so you need a larger wrist and arm to get away with wearing it. The Bulova Precisionist series of watches are quite possibly the best bang for your buck watches out there. Beautiful, well made, get complements all the time, low cost, tough, and great value.

Highly Highly Recommend.
on October 8, 2011
Have had this watch for a couple weeks now and I really like it. This will be my 3rd Bulova for me, the first being my grandfathers from the 1940's and it's still going great. The all black on this one is very smart looking. I almost sprung for the gold face with the steel bracelet because I wasn't sure about the rubber one; however, I really dig it. The rubber really holds the watch in place on your wrist, which is nice for something this bold. This watch is super solid and the sweeping second hand is truly cool and really makes the watch. A guy on here said his watch was fogging up, but I can pretty much guarantee you that he didn't have the crown screwed down. You have to push in the crown and turn it and it recesses back into the watch; it's not waterproof until you do that. I made the same mistake when I first got it. I've already gotten two compliments on the watch; never once with my Movado that was 3 times the price. I have a small wrist and use the very last notch on the band and it still fits my wrist well. My one and only small gripe is that the crown should be placed a couple millimeters higher as to not touch the back of my wrist so much. But I really like this watch.

Follow-up: Now that it's turning winter, I have been going outside and the watch does indeed fog up some. It's minor, but annoying to me, as I am a perfectionist; thus, the "precisionist" is not quite for me...pun intended. I'm returning it and getting a Citizen eco drive. They have one in all black that keeps the time for the next 100 years or something like that.
on September 5, 2015
I needed a beater watch and have long been intrigued by the Bulova brand who have somehow managed to produce a low cost quartz watch with a sweeping seconds hand.

My daily wearer is an Omega Planet Ocean 8500, which has seven ticks a second on the seconds hand. If you buy a typical Rolex you're going to get eight ticks per second. Either of which is going to be a smooth looking movement and going to cost a few grand.

This low cost Bulova manages to produce SIXTEEN ticks per second for a silky smooth sweep, which is a delight to look at.

The watch is supposed to be as accurate as a quartz so it is going to kick the butt of even a COSC certified Swiss timepiece.

This Bulova feels solid and well constructed, heavy enough to feel comfortable on the wrist; although it is a decent size - don't expect to slip this on under a tight dress shirt. And it might look a bit oversized if you have small wrists.

I don't dive so I have not tested the claimed 300m of water resistance. However, the instruction manual talks about not scuba diving at more than 30 meters for more than a couple of hours, so I am a little skeptical that this could actually be relied upon for diving. I did try it in the shower; no fogging up, no sign of water penetration. I'm thinking it will be water proof enough for swimming and light water exposure.

My only real issues with it are that the hands need to be a bit fatter. They can get lost a little on the face, especially since there is no anti-reflective coating on the crystal. With such an amazing quartz movement, I'd have like to have seen the seconds hand a bit brighter, maybe a yellow or orange. Under low light it's not that easy to see.

If you're looking for a low cost beater with a rubber strap, this represents a very decent watch. Time will tell if the claimed accuracy is there, and we'll have to see how it holds up to a bit of abuse. However, first impressions are very good. It does what I expected it to do and thus is precisely what I was looking for.
on September 16, 2015
Had the watch few weeks now, and I honestly love it. Just recently got in to watches so I'm learning lots of stuff on what makes a good watch. That being said I'm very happy with my purchase, is dead on accurate so far, the watch is the perfect size for me, and is heavy which I like. I recently learned that Bulova is no longer adding the turning fork on new models, I got to say that to would of been perfect to have the logo, but is not that big of a deal, other features that I notice that are different, is the crown on this new model watch it sticks out noticeably which is different from the older models (if you see the 360 video,you will notice), the other difference is the engrave details on the buckle, but is not a major change. At the end of the day this is the best watch I own and looking to buy more Bulova's in the future.