Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 9, 2014
Beautiful watch; the photos really don't do it justice. The face has some dimensionality and depth to it, making it a good looking watch.

It keeps perfect time. Over the last two weeks, it has been 100% accurate, with no deviation from the time I initially set it to. It matches my radio-controlled Casio watch (which is synchronized to an atomic clock daily). I expect that it will hold fairly close to the claimed 10 seconds accuracy per year.

The hand sweeps quite nicely, better than mechanical automatic watches. It helps to set it apart from other quartz watches.

Bottom-line, it feels good to have a watch that keeps accurate time that doesn't require a daily synchronization and that looks much more expensive than it really is. This precisionist movement is really worth the investment, although your experience may vary.
on October 12, 2015
This is a beautiful watch, and I love the accuracy of the precisionist line. Bulova is well known for their customer service if you have any issues with their watches, don't hesitate to get in touch with them, rather than Amazon.

The more I wear this watch, the more I like it. I get a lot of compliments on it. I have seen some used ones around with lots of scratches, I have no idea how those people put damaged their watch, I am VERY rough on watches, I have yet to get anythign but a scoff on the band.
on June 29, 2015
Stunning watch! I've been a long-time fan of the Precisionist series of watches, and this has to be one of the most handsome of them all. I was a little concerned that Bulova was removing it's traditional tuning fork logo from most of it's watches, however, this watch does have the logo at the 12 o'clock position, despite the sales illustration showing the watch without the logo. Older stock, perhaps? Prefer it with. Fast shipment, well packaged. Highly recommended.
on March 30, 2016
Although being an entry level model of the Bulova Precisionist line, this is still a very nice looking dress watch. Upon first glance, it appears to be a minimalist design but upon closer inspection you will see the gold accented spirals and multilayered dial face. Combined with the gold accents around the bezel and within the bracelet links, the watch achieves that rare balance of being slightly understated yet sporty at the same time. Overall, it is an elegant looking watch. Too bad Bulova doesn't take this approach with most of its product line because I believe they would again be a major watch brand.

The level of craftsmanship is very high. Bulova pays attention to the small details that are easy to miss. For example, looking through a jeweler's loupe, you will see that there are striations on the top surface of the hour markers and non-lumed portions of the hands which helps minimize reflections. The chapter ring is separate and actually elevated above the dial face slightly. The lumed hour markers on the chapter rings are precise squares. All of this is indicative of fine watch making that is missing on typical consumer grade watches.

The bracelet is rather nice. It has a brushed finish on the top surface with polished side edges. There are two thin polished gold accent stripes within the center of the links to give a little "pop". It has solid end pieces and a nice butterfly clasp. Bulova thoughtfully included two half links to allow for more precise sizing (butterfly clasp precludes micro-adjustment). I do have one minor complaint about the transition from the end piece attached to case and connecting to the bracelet. There is a slightly larger spacing compared to the other links which looks like a gap. With that out of the way, this is a very nice bracelet, especially at this price point.

Regarding the much touted "Precisionist" movement, it provides the smooth sweeping second hand of an automatic movement while having the accuracy advantage of quartz. My watch currently gains approximately 3.5 seconds per month. That is better than average accuracy for a quartz watch but nothing spectacular. When Bulova announced the Precisionist, the claimed accuracy was within 10 seconds per year. Soon reports started surfacing of the movement not meeting spec. Bulova's first response was that the watch had to be worn regularly to allow for changes in temperature. The watch still couldn't met spec and it was discovered that the accuracy would actually degrade to 70-80 SPY as the crystals aged. Bulova now states an ambiguous "within seconds a year". Still, that is sufficient accuracy for all but the most demanding user.

There are only two negatives that I would point out. First, this is a snap back case meaning that water resistance is minimal. It is rated at 30M which means you can get away with walking in the rain but do not immerse or shower. Second, lume performance is poor. Although the hands and indices are lumed, it doesn't last very long. After an hour or so, it is virtually non-existent. Not a big deal for a dress watch but you would think that at this price and being a subsidiary of Citizen that it would be better.

Overall, I like the watch and pull it out when I want something dressy. I considered knocking it down a notch due to the poor water resistance and lume performance but the overall design and craftsmanship make this watch a bargain for under $150.
on July 6, 2016
I bought this Bulova watch 7 months ago (sold by Amazon, LLC) and paid $150. A couple of weeks ago, the watch was not working and I was hoping it was just the batteries - even though this would be too soon for batteries. Sure enough, the jeweler put batters in it and it was not the batteries - the watch did not work. I only wore the watch to my office job about 20 times.
I am a prime member and this was a Prime product and even though it was only 7 months old, there is no warranty or reasonable method to get it fixed.
I was an Amazon fan but in the last 6 months have had 2 electronic products be a waste of money.
THIS IS A WASTE OF MONEY: Bulova Men's 98B156 Precisionist Champagne dial Watch
on June 4, 2015
beautiful and elegant watch, bracelet has a quality feel, smooth sweeping second hand is unique for a quartz watch (the only reason for this purchase).unfortnately, a scratch was found on the bezel when the box was open, tiny but noticeable on the shiny finishes. just did'nt bother to return, as i live on the other side of the planet. two stars removed on the part of Amazon for shipping out goods with imperfection.
on November 7, 2012
Awesome watch for a really low price!!!!! My father is really happy with it. The watch looks really well build, with the style that I was searching for my Dad.
on April 20, 2014
I'd been looking at this watch for the last 8 or 9 months at different stores. I love this watch and think it's worth every penny. The only negative was the shipping of the item. The watch comes packed in its own Bulova box and then another one. There should have been at least 3 more of those air filled bags (sorry, I don't know the name of them) in the box. The Bulova box was bouncing around in there and this is not good considering it's a watch with many moving parts. Other than this I am very happy with my purchase. All I have to do now is get it sized to fit my wrist!!!
on November 4, 2013
This watch is absolutely stunning! The photograph simply does no justice for it at all. It is an incredibly elegant watch; it is extremely classy. I have viewed over 2,000 watches, and this watch is my absolute favorite; its aesthetics were, truly, superior to all. I was attracted to this watch to an extent even greater than that of any watch, of any configuration, from Rolex. The swirled champagne/gilt dial is very tasteful, and it changes hue -either darker or lighter- depending upon how light hits it and the angle at which it is viewed. The sweeping second hand moves incredibly smoothly; from what I have heard, the movement in this watch runs at sixteen beats-per-second, twice as much as the movement in a Rolex, making the second hand of this watch to be the smoother-sweeping.
on September 22, 2015
Beautiful watch seems to function well. Couldn't help noticing it was running when I unboxed it. The plastic crown lock was missing which I would expect to see on a new watch. Otherwise I'm pleased with the purchase.