5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeper Hit, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B166 CATAMOUNT Strap Watch (Watch)
Big watch but fits well as I have a larger than average wrist.
What can I say about the Precisionist movement, it is nice to have a sweeping hand and accuracy to ten seconds per year.
Very easy to read and set.
The bezel is 60 clicks unidirectional with a lock for further reassurance.
Can't complain about the lum.
The finish is top notch, and the buckle is very nice, large and in the style of Panarai.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulova quality. Good value., March 9, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B166 CATAMOUNT Strap Watch (Watch)
American made, large, sturdy, water resistant men's watch built for the rigors of diving, and not simply for show (like many others on the market).
Polished/brushed stainless steel case. Hard mineral crystal, scratch resistant. Case is about 46 mm (53 mm with lugs). Unidirectional steel bezel. Screw-down crown.Tough polyurethane, pin buckle, 24 mm wide strap. Japanese analog quartz battery with Accutron precision (developed by Bulova in 1960).

PROS :
Highly accurate Precisionist movement - accurate to within 10 seconds per year
Highly visible red sweep second hand.
Scratch resistant steel case and crystal (handy when battered againt rocks during diving).
Steel bezel, with lock at 10 o'clock and clearly marked for 20 minutes (red) - average time for scuba tank.
Rubber strap 8.5 " long, to comfortably accomodate dive suit sleeve.
Water resistant to 30 ATM/300 meters/ 984 Ft.

CONS:
Miniscule date window at the 6 position - difficult to clearly see underwater.
Requires yearly battery replacement - by authorized service able to "repressurize' the watch with every battery change (only if watch is intended to be worn under water).

As a veteran diver for many years, I have always preferred automatic watches, but for everyday use and on-land activities, this is a terrific watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B166 CATAMOUNT Strap Watch (Watch)
One of the best watches I have brought. Not to heavy great style and I use it for diving and work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Bulova Watch!, October 10, 2013
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B166 CATAMOUNT Strap Watch (Watch)
I love the Bulova Precisionist Brand and this watch only serves to solidify my opinion. Not only did I get it for a great price on Amazon but the watch fits like a glove and looks awesome on the wrist. The colors stand out and I have already received numerous comments on the watch. No need to spend thousands on luxury watches; Bulova can outfit you with a handsome watch at a fraction of the price with the same quality of workmanship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweep second hand is perfect, August 11, 2013
Steve O' Reno (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B166 CATAMOUNT Strap Watch (Watch)
I admit I have a problem. I like to own and wear many watches. Ok, there are worse problems, but I have about 1 watch for each day of the week... and the others are feeling forgotten, now that I own this wonderful timepiece.

First, the design work that went into this series of Bulova is top notch. Not only does this watch keep almost perfect time, that sweep second hand is a thing of beauty, to see it swing smoothly around the dial's face.

Quality is the message here. Loud and clear message.

Plus, it's a dive watch. It has a "reason" to be. Diving. So yes, it's kinda (relatively) heavy. Yes, it's large, and the rubber band is designed to be worn with scuba gear, and it's long for that reason...it all goes together perfectly. It is as much a tool, a piece of equiptment, as it is anything else. And that's what makes it so great. It's not flashy for the sake of being flashy. It is just the opposite. For something so large, it's actually modest and understated.

And looking great! I wear this large-ish watch because it looks great. The locking bezel is a simple, yet so very effective.

Buy one today, and I bet you will be as excited about this watch as I am.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, August 19, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B166 CATAMOUNT Strap Watch (Watch)
Very nice watch. Looks very good on my wrist. Strap is pretty long. A bit on the 'heavy' side, but overall, I really like this watch. Men with larger wrists will have no problems wearing it. Men with smaller wrists will definitely find it to be 'clunky' and the strap to be way too long. I haven't worn it diving, as I have a much better watch for that, but I've worn this watch in the ocean at the beach and in swimming pools and have had no issues whatsoever. Time-keeping has been consistently accurate as well. I like this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch!, July 12, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B166 CATAMOUNT Strap Watch (Watch)
I like this watch. it's a little large and heavy, but you get used to it. I don't do any diving, but i've worn it while swimming with no problems. It has a pretty good lume and is easy to read. I use the rotating bezel to track parking meters and breaks at work. I would have preferred a longer lasting battery. I may try a different band in the future.

Bulova Men's 98B166 CATAMOUNT Strap Watch