Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on May 22, 2013
I love this watch!!! Mine arrived flawless, brand new exactly as pictured here. Some reviewers say the watch is too large, but I don't think so. The big dial makes it easy to see in any type of light from a distance. It is a big watch, but the watch curves in to your wrist at the lugs making it easy to wear, and the dial is clear and easy to read. I have smaller wrists and had to take out 5 links to make it fit. This has the divers extension to allow it to fit over a diving suit, and it has 3 micro adjustments allowing a custom fit to your wrist, or for adjusting on hot days if your wrist swells in the summer. The watch has a screw-down crown and screw down case back for better water sealing. Make sure the case back and crown is very tight before you plan on putting it in water. It's 1,000ft water resistant so if the crown and back is tight, it shouldn't leak any water. The locking bezel is nice. I use it as a timer by turning it to the minutes hand.

I've had this watch for just a day now, and the seconds hand is exactly accurate from how I set it yesterday. Bulova says it should be accurate to within 10 seconds a year. The watch I got says B2 on the back, which is the date code that it was made. I've read the B1 and B2 watches are more accurate than the first B0 models. Time will tell... I have an automatic watch that's 5 seconds fast a day so I wanted something a bit more accurate, and this suits my need nicely. I love the smooth sweeping second hand. It's a hacking movement which means when you pull out the crown to set the time, the seconds hand will stop. When I unscrew and pull the crown out to the second click and set the time, the hands turn very smoothly like a high end quarts watch should. It has quick set date when you pull the crown out to the first click which is nice. Everything about the watch is quality. It's heavy but not too heavy. The pictures on amazon don't do the watch justice. The dial has a white carbon fiber look to it behind the raised hour markings, and the red seconds hand is neat to watch. The top of the watch case and metal bracelet is brushed stainless steel finished, and the sides of the case and band are mirror smooth finish which reflects the light nicely. When I look at the seconds super close, about an inch away, I can barely tell it ticking at 16 times a second. From just looking at the seconds hand a foot away, it sweeps perfectly smooth.

The metal band is Fold-Over Clasp with Double Push-Button Safety and is super sturdy. It feels like it will never accidentally come off.

I highly recommend this watch for anyone looking for an accurate Bulova Precisionist timepiece. The cheapest I could find it in stores was around 550. amazon has it here for nearly half retail cost. If you don't want a larger, heavy watch, there are other smaller, lighter, and thinner Bulova Precisionist watch models. But this watch has lots of presence and looks super sturdy. A+++++
on July 16, 2014
Wow. I haven't experienced buyer's delight like this in a long time. I have a 1968 Bulova Accutron -- with the original 214 tuning-fork movement and its distinctive hum -- that belonged to my late father. This watch is the perfect bookend, especially now that Bulova for some unimaginable reason is abandoning its distinctive tuning-fork logo.

The watch has incredible heft and size. I like a watch that makes me feel like I received my money's worth. And it's built as solid as a Sherman tank. Unlike some large-face watches that look impressive but are basically junk, this one is quality through-and-through. Did I mention that it's accurate to within 10 seconds a year? Are you kidding me?

I purchased this watch for a C-note and a half as a Lightning Deal. What an unbelievable steal -- it would represent a good value for twice that price.

I got me a major horological love-fest going on with this watch.
on May 11, 2013
While I have't timed this to the second it appears to be a very accurate timepiece and has nice heft. I found the band easy to adjust but you need the right pin tools. Good sized bracelet. I took out 3 links so I am guessing that this will fit an 8" wrist. Not too much bling but can be worn with jeans or with a dress shirt and tie. It is not too thick to do so.
on December 16, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this watch! I bought it on a lightening deal special, it wasn't much off at all but such a good watch any amount off is a good thing!
First off yes it is a big watch! I am used to big watches however and my daily work watch is actually a Tsovet AR77 which is a 48mm and technically larger than the Bulova Catamount. However even though the catamount has a smaller face, the overall watch case is just as large as the Tsovet! Add the bezel lock which is just FAR TOO LARGE and the all metal band and what you are left with is a pretty heavy, large watch, but one that is super attractive and can sure take a beating.
The Precisionist movement is great! There is absolutely no ticking not even micro-ticks it is just one continuous sweep. Bolus claims this movement only loses about 10 seconds a year. Without having owned the watch for that long I can't say whether that is true or not however while comparing it to the Tsovet which has a swiss Rhona quartz movement, and a 2013 Rolex GMT Master II I can confidently say that all three watches in the 2 weeks I have observed them are still synchronized perfectly.
The face is silver and in 4 sections there is what looks to be like a silver metal weave that everyone comments on.
The only thing I am not too fond of is the larger than life bezel lock. I have never seen a watch with a rotating bezel that also has a lock until now. I just don't see why they could not make the lock smaller, it is so large it is the first thing you scratch up or the part of the watch that hits and scratches things around you.
All in all I LOVE this watch. Great inexpensive watch to wear to work and beat up.
on September 11, 2014
Another gorgeous, beautifully constructed, Bulova. I am thoroughly pleased with all of my watches in the Precisionist series, but this one is one of the stars. Although I'm still finding the bezel lock device a little odd, because it is so unique, it certainly attracts attention, and it is a completely useful feature. I highly recommend the watch, or its blue-dialed sibling, to anyone who is considering it.
on October 23, 2015
Fantastic watch! Beautiful, well made, rugged, and very accurate. I have had numerous people ask me about it and comment on how attractive it is. The accuracy of mine is about 20 seconds a year not the 10 seconds advertised. However, it's a lot better than my $8,000 Rolex at 3 minutes a month.
This is my favorite watch and the one I primarily wear.
on September 22, 2015
Love it. Have a couple of Rolex's. I have an Omega. I have a Breitling. Those are all great, but for this price, this watch is a major deal. It's definitely beefy, so if you don't like big watches, move along...that said, it presents well, the precisionist quartz movement is awesome and it's a great everyday watch. (again, if you like big watches.)

Having grown up just outside the Bronx seeing the Bulova HQ near Laguardia, I'm happy to have this as my second Bulova watch.
on May 27, 2014
Like it a lot, but it is a big, heavy watch. When buying and seeing the pictures I thought it was a bit smaller watch.
But its not the sellers fault, they put enough pictures to see it and even put a picture with a ruler. But I didn't have a watch to compare the size.

But it's a pretty good watch , not so dressy as its announced because of its size.
on August 25, 2014
It's got substance without screaming 'Look at me! Look at me!". It's a bit heavy and you'll know it's there, but not so much that it deters from wearing it. Having owned it for several months now I would buy it again.
on April 15, 2014
I almost did not buy this watch since from the description, it is on the big (diameter) size, but I love the design and kept looking at the Amazon video so I ended up purchasing it. I do not at all regret the purchase. I had to remove three links on each side of the band to get a snug fit on my slightly below average sized wrist. If the fit is even a little loose, the weight of the watch makes it slide around when you wear it. I like the multilayer style of the face which gives it a different look depending on the light. In direct light, the silver top layer shines out, while in indirect light, the face looks more white. For me, this is an occasional-wear dressy-casual piece which I also display as a clock at my home workstation! Since this is an older model watch, hunt for bargains on the internet. After I bought mine, I later saw a retailer selling for even cheaper on an online auction site, so you may see closeout deals in the future.