Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on February 19, 2015
This is one outstanding watch! It is the most accurate watch on the planet with a time loss of ONLY10 seconds per YEAR and the looks are fantastic!

The carbon fiber dial looks really nice and gives a true sports look to it. The sweep second hand is a great feature and having a stop watch that goes to the 1,000 of a second is pretty cool and not seen on any other analog watches. The rose color accents are amazing looking with the black polished finish of the watch case. It fits very comfortably on my 7" wrist and the rubber watch band looks and feels very nice. I highly recommend this watch to anyone looking for a accurate good looking time piece that you can wear formally or with jeans.
review image
on May 30, 2014
Absolutely love this watch. i read a comment of the watch possibly being a fake because it doesnt have Bulova Logo (tuning Fork) as Bulova's website shows. I was concerned and i emailed Bulova directly. i am now at ease that the watch is not a Fake. i also went to a Reputable Watch dealer and they were also able to validate the statement.
To:"service@bulova.com" <service@bulova.com>
Date: 05/22/2014 12:07 PM
Subject: Bulova Ref. 98B181
Hello,
I was hoping you can assist me, I purchased the Bulova 98B181 from Amazon.
When I received the watch it did not have the Bulova logo (Tuning Fork) on the watch. Can you confirm if the statement below is true or if I have purchased a counterfeit and need to return and file a complaint?

I went back to Amazon to check the details of my purchase and it states as follows;
Warranty: Bulova 3-year warranty
• Due to a recent redesign by Bulova, recently manufactured
Bulova watches, including all watches sold and shipped by Amazon, will
not feature the brand logo on the watch face.

Response:

From: service@bulova.com
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: Bulova Ref. 98B181

Yes the statement is correct , we recently redesign dial on all Bulova watches.
on July 11, 2014
This is a watch with a lot of "presence." I have received several compliments on it.The smooth second hand is really cool, and looks like it's driven with a mechanical mechanism rather than a quartz one. Accuracy seems to be excellent...set it to a radio-based atomic clock and is tracking well, although I am not obsessively looking for accuracy drifts in the seconds. Chrono is easy to use, and is the only analog watch I know of that measures down to the thousandth of a second, which is more of a novelty than a practical aspect of the watch.

I only have three issues with the watch: first, the hands can be hard to read, since they blend into the gold trim around the chronos. They would have been better as all-white. My other issue is the lume is subpar. The watch is hard to read in dim or dark conditions. Finally, it's a bit on the heavy side. These are issues that are counterbalanced by the price I paid...$262.00 from Teelys. Had this been a more expensive watch, the issues would have been a bigger deal for me. At the price point, these are not show-stoppers, but it's also why it's not a 5-star watch.
on November 9, 2014
I have been searching for a Bulova piece that uses their state of the art precisionist movement. I am amateur watch buyer and still learning the nuisances. I was super stoked about this watch. The design is perfect. It is even more stunning in person. What I didn't anticipate is the 18mm depth. I can't wear this with long sleeve dress shirts, not comfortably atleast. I guess I have smaller wrists because it sits uncomfortably on my wrist bone. Enough to the point I could notice a pain in my wrist the following day.

I love the watch. I love the Bulova story, and the engineering behind the movement. But the bottom line for me is, it is just uncomfortable to wear. I want to see about getting a new leather band to replace the rubber one. Black link would look killer on this watch. That said however, with the rubber band, it is uncomfortable. Enough to the point I am looking for alternative that Bulova offers that I can wear with jackets, and work shirts. This is not a watch you can wear going to sleep and forget you're wearing it.

Best thing that pops in my head thinking about this: my Dad picked it up and asked me why I have a 10lb watch.
on August 17, 2015
First off, it's a beautiful watch. The rose gold accents against the black look very slick in my opinion. I'm very partial to the rubber band on the watch due to the comfortability. Much better than the metal bands which pull and pinch the wrist, and doesn't warp like leather bands. The watch is well made, but it's a Bulova, so you shouldn't expect any less. Has a nice weight to it and it catches the eyes of a lot of people. Maybe not an every day watch, but definitely a good dress up or going out piece. Plus it's a fraction of the cost it would be in a big box jewelry store.
on March 2, 2015
Nice and perfect as I expected, what keeping me from considering the the full 5 stars is "Not but into a real life test yet ".
By the way I hope Bulova will use a wooden fancy box instead of paper and a certificate of genuinely to be added .
on August 6, 2014
I love this watch. It is original and come in a nice box inside another box. It has the tag and the warranty. Great price from Teely's . I could not wait until the lower price that others bought it 262. I paid 269.
on December 17, 2014
This is a beautiful watch and looks even better in person. The rubber straps are very comfortable and pretty cool to have something different. I'm a big guy so this watch seats on my wrist perfectly and looks great. I would say this piece is good for a medium to large size wrist.
on January 8, 2015
Its is a murvelous watch. It is quite big but I love big watches - since my wrists are large and "normal" size watches look very small. The build quality looks great. Only the band seems a litle cheap for this watch, but it is strong and the time will saw if it is resistant. Overall, it is a magnificent watch for someone who likes big watches
on June 18, 2015
Very nice watch, but too thick to wear with long sleeve dress shirt. Had to send back.