5.0 out of 5 stars Bulova
Absolutely love this watch. i read a comment of the watch possibly being a fake because it doesnt have Bulova Logo (tuning Fork) as Bulova's website shows. I was concerned and i emailed Bulova directly. i am now at ease that the watch is not a Fake. i also went to a Reputable Watch dealer and they were also able to validate the statement...
Published 6 months ago by maxxwell

Published 16 days ago by Kevin Skiera

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulova, May 30, 2014
To:"service@bulova.com" <service@bulova.com>
Date: 05/22/2014 12:07 PM
Subject: Bulova Ref. 98B181
Hello,
I was hoping you can assist me, I purchased the Bulova 98B181 from Amazon.
When I received the watch it did not have the Bulova logo (Tuning Fork) on the watch. Can you confirm if the statement below is true or if I have purchased a counterfeit and need to return and file a complaint?

I went back to Amazon to check the details of my purchase and it states as follows;
Warranty: Bulova 3-year warranty
• Due to a recent redesign by Bulova, recently manufactured
Bulova watches, including all watches sold and shipped by Amazon, will
not feature the brand logo on the watch face.

Response:

From: service@bulova.com
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: Bulova Ref. 98B181

Yes the statement is correct , we recently redesign dial on all Bulova watches.

4.0 out of 5 stars The smooth second hand is really cool, and looks like it's driven with a mechanical ..., July 11, 2014
Todd B. "Todd" (Silver Spring, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B181 Precisionist Chrono Watch (Watch)
This is a watch with a lot of "presence." I have received several compliments on it.The smooth second hand is really cool, and looks like it's driven with a mechanical mechanism rather than a quartz one. Accuracy seems to be excellent...set it to a radio-based atomic clock and is tracking well, although I am not obsessively looking for accuracy drifts in the seconds. Chrono is easy to use, and is the only analog watch I know of that measures down to the thousandth of a second, which is more of a novelty than a practical aspect of the watch.

I only have three issues with the watch: first, the hands can be hard to read, since they blend into the gold trim around the chronos. They would have been better as all-white. My other issue is the lume is subpar. The watch is hard to read in dim or dark conditions. Finally, it's a bit on the heavy side. These are issues that are counterbalanced by the price I paid...$262.00 from Teelys. Had this been a more expensive watch, the issues would have been a bigger deal for me. At the price point, these are not show-stoppers, but it's also why it's not a 5-star watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this watch, August 6, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B181 Precisionist Chrono Watch (Watch)
I love this watch. It is original and come in a nice box inside another box. It has the tag and the warranty. Great price from Teely's . I could not wait until the lower price that others bought it 262. I paid 269.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great engineering, beautitful aesthetic- uncomfortable to wear., November 9, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B181 Precisionist Chrono Watch (Watch)
I have been searching for a Bulova piece that uses their state of the art precisionist movement. I am amateur watch buyer and still learning the nuisances. I was super stoked about this watch. The design is perfect. It is even more stunning in person. What I didn't anticipate is the 18mm depth. I can't wear this with long sleeve dress shirts, not comfortably atleast. I guess I have smaller wrists because it sits uncomfortably on my wrist bone. Enough to the point I could notice a pain in my wrist the following day.

I love the watch. I love the Bulova story, and the engineering behind the movement. But the bottom line for me is, it is just uncomfortable to wear. I want to see about getting a new leather band to replace the rubber one. Black link would look killer on this watch. That said however, with the rubber band, it is uncomfortable. Enough to the point I am looking for alternative that Bulova offers that I can wear with jackets, and work shirts. This is not a watch you can wear going to sleep and forget you're wearing it.

Best thing that pops in my head thinking about this: my Dad picked it up and asked me why I have a 10lb watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang for the buck, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B181 Precisionist Chrono Watch (Watch)
At $260, it's quite a deal, it retails for a whole lot more at B&M stores.
function: 5/5
appearance: 5/5 however, skinny arm and light skin color should avoid
material quality: the rubber band will wear out first because it's rubber; everything else 5/5

this watch is a beasty mean looking piece, if you have darker skin and a thick arm, this watch is for you.
Bulova verified that the changes claimed by Amazon is legit, the watch received from amazon is authentic, you can also verified with the serial # on the back of the watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a nice watch but I don't think Bulova should have removed ..., November 22, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B181 Precisionist Chrono Watch (Watch)
It's a nice watch but I don't think Bulova should have removed the symbol of the tuning fork from inside the area that counts the tenths and hundreds of a second. How am I supposed to be sure that this isn't a knock-off?

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulova does it again!, October 21, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B181 Precisionist Chrono Watch (Watch)
Beautiful watch! I have had numerous compliments. This is my second precisionist in my watch case and there will probably be a 3rd!

5.0 out of 5 stars I agree it's bigger in person than I expected but ..., October 3, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B181 Precisionist Chrono Watch (Watch)
I agree it's bigger in person than I expected but it is a very handsome watch. No regrets on this purchase. Shipped quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch and is more when you have it on ..., October 25, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B181 Precisionist Chrono Watch (Watch)
Beautiful watch and is more when you have it on hand excellent price you would place more than 5 stars is perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars The best watch I own!!!!, September 11, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98B181 Precisionist Chrono Watch (Watch)
This is a wonderful watch and I got it at a very good price. It is stylish and feels very sturdy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›