5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money
Published on September 11, 2011 by Ralph Audubon

2.0 out of 5 stars the goldtone has worn off.
Published on August 22, 2012 by Hiromi100

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money, September 11, 2011
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch (Watch)
This watch was touted in the August 2011 issue of GQ under the title, "I can't believe it's not vintage." The brief article states in part, "The coolest timepieces right now look like something your dad bought decades ago..." This watch certainly fits that description. It is simple, functional and very understated, all of which combines to give this timepiece its ultimate appeal. Some watches costing 10 times as much don't look as good. The watch can be worn with a suit or with casual clothes. This is a must have watch for the man with limited means who wants to look his best. I own watches which cost quite a bit more, but I still went out and purchased this one to give me flexibility in my wardrobe. Purchase this watch along with Bulova model 96B104; you will spend under $250 (in total) and will always have a classy looking watch to wear whatever the occasion.

2.0 out of 5 stars the goldtone has worn off., August 22, 2012
Hiromi100 (brooklyn, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch as an everyday watch for my dad on father's day. He really does love the watch and wears the watch everyday. but when he showed me the watch I asked "didn't I order a goldtone watch , why is it now silvertone?" So beware it runs really well but order the silvertone from the start because the goldtone wears off really quickly. if not for that it would be 5 star review but for over $80.00 a watch should be plated a little better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classssyyy, October 22, 2012
Jpeg (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch (Watch)
I can't say anything about the longevity of this product but in the few weeks I've owned this, it has kept time very well. It is Japanese movements, not Swiss.

I bought this on sale at The Bay in Canada (although amazon.com would've been cheaper, even with shipping and duties to Canada). I'm a woman but it looks great on me; I rarely wear women's watches as I find them too delicate and flimsy looking. Also, I find that the men's is just nicer. People couldn't tell. I don't like the woman's version, it's too tiny and delicate. This is very light and slim.

The leather band isn't that nice (texture) but it's quite thin so that may have to be replaced. You won't tell unless you touch it or go very close to it. To everybody else it'll look good.

The face plate is well detailed, unlike other watches, it's not painted on.The main part has a crepe kind of texture, subtle but enough to give it a richer more detailed look; the hours are embossed and sit on top of the face plate. The hour hands and the hour "sticks" are rose gold.

The rose gold is only in certain parts but I like the subtle contrast between the silver and rose gold.

Overall very nice vintage looking watch that is both classy and casual. It is light, slim, simple but with enough detail to give it class.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch - worn for almost 3 years, August 10, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch (Watch)
I bought this model almost 3 years ago, and it has been my daily wearer for most of that time. I've used it for every occasion imaginable, it's been incredibly versatile. I have been religiously switching the leather strap in Fall/Winter for nylon straps in Spring/Summer, and it looks great on both. The strap it comes on is surprisingly sturdy and still looks great years later. In the right light, the shine and texture of the dial looks amazing. I've wrapped it around my steering wheel and nearly gotten into accidents because of how distracted I was by that beautiful dial.

I only have a few minor gripes.
- After a year or two the seconds hand didn't fall accurately on the bars, almost as if the mechanism shifted about 2mm ahead. I don't know if that's an issue with the quality of the movement, or whether I banged it against things too many times.
- I wish the entire watch case had that beautiful rose gold color. Only the top of the bezel is colored, which annoyed me a bit, but it definitely wasn't a deal breaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulova Wrist Watch 98H51, June 21, 2011
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch (Watch)
I have received my Buluva wrist watch and I really like it. It's very elegant looking and goes great with my wardrobe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Women Too, May 18, 2012
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch (Watch)
I am incredibly picky about something like a watch. I don't want it to be trendy, and it needs to go with everything. This watch is it. The simple face, the rose gold and silver accents, and the brown strap look good with every outfit. About the only thing this watch wouldn't go with is an evening gown.

Bonus: tons of women have complimented me on my watch. They are always asking me where I found it. I tell them to shop the men's watch section.

The only downside (and it's small) is that the leather is only OK, but only the wearer can tell that. It looks nice on the outside, but once you touch it, you realize the quality is not the best. But since no one else can tell and since the watch is still very comfortable to wear, this is not that big of a complaint. Plus, you could always splurge one day for a new strap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile watch with a vintage feel, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch (Watch)
This watch is exactly what I was looking for. A nice slim profile that can be worn either dressed up or casual. It has quickly become my favorite watch in my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cornhusker Bulova Buyer, November 4, 2012
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch as a gift for my son, who is a grad assistant in the music dept at Kansas State U. This watch has the elegance to succeed in the classroom teaching or performing on the stage in formal attire. I know he will be pleased. Any watch lovers dream!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek and classic, May 10, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch (Watch)
My girlfriend bought me a metal Bulova as a gift which looked stunning. I wanted another Bulova to add to my repertoire of outfits for work. I wanted a leather dress watch to dress and impress.

This watch looks like a classic timepiece which will never go out of style. I've received compliments when wearing the watch, of its simple and modern looking style. I have been wearing it alternatively with my metal band watch and it's been doing its job. I like the leather band that it comes with - an alligator skin type faux leather. It is easily replaceable if you fancy your own bands.

I highly recommend this watch for the contemporary man not looking to break their bank.

4.0 out of 5 stars I've got elegance!, November 27, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch (Watch)
One of the most elegant watches I have ever seen or worn. My only comment in a not-so-elegant category is the leather band. Although it reads Genuine Leather in the inside, it is so thin and flimsy it looks like a part of a child's toy. Otherwise, this watch represents an excellent value for money. It looks like a super expensive watch worth over a grand. When I say how much it cost, friends do not believe me. So, order one before Amazon runs out.

Bulova Men's 98H51 Leather Dress Watch