Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on September 11, 2011
This watch was touted in the August 2011 issue of GQ under the title, "I can't believe it's not vintage." The brief article states in part, "The coolest timepieces right now look like something your dad bought decades ago..." This watch certainly fits that description. It is simple, functional and very understated, all of which combines to give this timepiece its ultimate appeal. Some watches costing 10 times as much don't look as good. The watch can be worn with a suit or with casual clothes. This is a must have watch for the man with limited means who wants to look his best. I own watches which cost quite a bit more, but I still went out and purchased this one to give me flexibility in my wardrobe. Purchase this watch along with Bulova model 96B104; you will spend under $250 (in total) and will always have a classy looking watch to wear whatever the occasion.
on August 22, 2012
I bought this watch as an everyday watch for my dad on father's day. He really does love the watch and wears the watch everyday. but when he showed me the watch I asked "didn't I order a goldtone watch , why is it now silvertone?" So beware it runs really well but order the silvertone from the start because the goldtone wears off really quickly. if not for that it would be 5 star review but for over $80.00 a watch should be plated a little better.
I'm editing my comments on this watch after another customer brought it to my attention that I was wrong about the plating rubbing off because it is a two-tone watch. Silver and rosetone so it really is a nice sturdy watch. Glad I was wrong. Thanks to another customer I feel better the watch wasn't turning as a gift.
55 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2015
The watch looks amazing. Bulova quality as expected. By the way Bulova is the "Toyota" of Tag Heuer (Lexus)...so they're very good watches.

The dial is big enough for any mans wrist but not overly big.

This is for sure my new favorite watch.
review image
on October 22, 2012
I can't say anything about the longevity of this product but in the few weeks I've owned this, it has kept time very well. It is Japanese movements, not Swiss.

I bought this on sale at The Bay in Canada (although amazon.com would've been cheaper, even with shipping and duties to Canada). I'm a woman but it looks great on me; I rarely wear women's watches as I find them too delicate and flimsy looking. Also, I find that the men's is just nicer. People couldn't tell. I don't like the woman's version, it's too tiny and delicate. This is very light and slim.

The leather band isn't that nice (texture) but it's quite thin so that may have to be replaced. You won't tell unless you touch it or go very close to it. To everybody else it'll look good.

The face plate is well detailed, unlike other watches, it's not painted on.The main part has a crepe kind of texture, subtle but enough to give it a richer more detailed look; the hours are embossed and sit on top of the face plate. The hour hands and the hour "sticks" are rose gold.

The rose gold is only in certain parts but I like the subtle contrast between the silver and rose gold.

Overall very nice vintage looking watch that is both classy and casual. It is light, slim, simple but with enough detail to give it class.
review image
on January 10, 2015
I just love this watch so much. For the prize I can say this is what's I was looking for a classy but not so expensive watch. I love how it looks on my wrist
review image review image
on August 10, 2014
I bought this model almost 3 years ago, and it has been my daily wearer for most of that time. I've used it for every occasion imaginable, it's been incredibly versatile. I have been religiously switching the leather strap in Fall/Winter for nylon straps in Spring/Summer, and it looks great on both. The strap it comes on is surprisingly sturdy and still looks great years later. In the right light, the shine and texture of the dial looks amazing. I've wrapped it around my steering wheel and nearly gotten into accidents because of how distracted I was by that beautiful dial.

I only have a few minor gripes.
- After a year or two the seconds hand didn't fall accurately on the bars, almost as if the mechanism shifted about 2mm ahead. I don't know if that's an issue with the quality of the movement, or whether I banged it against things too many times.
- I wish the entire watch case had that beautiful rose gold color. Only the top of the bezel is colored, which annoyed me a bit, but it definitely wasn't a deal breaker.
on July 11, 2015
I bought both the black and brown versions of this watch about 1.5 years ago, and since then, I cannot count how many times I've been complimented about my watch.

The Bulova is a fantastic minimalist watch. It shows you the day of the month, but that's basically it besides the three watch hands, the 12 'ticks' for the clock, and the Bulova logo. The watch is unusually sturdy despite its look - I have accidentally hit my watch face against walls, desks, and poles before, and I have yet to see a scratch (much less a crack) on the watch. The leather wristband is of medium quality, and has held up in 1.5 years of every-other-day use (I alternate between black and brown). You can switch out the wristband, but you will need your own wristband toolkit to do so.

One thing to note is that the date is automatically set to 31 days of the month, so in months with 30 (or 29/28) days, you need to manually adjust the date when the new month starts.
on July 9, 2014
Great, reliable classic looking watch. Didn't notice the lines between the gold tick marks on the face which caused me to drop a star for aesthetics. I also switched the band out to a lighter brown as the pressed reptile look wasn't as flattering as I expected on my watch.
on August 21, 2013
A bit of a subjective bit, but the white face, golden tone and and leather strap makes this watch extremely versatile and look good. For the price, I expected a bit better wear. It has only seen occasional use, and the stitching on the strap has started to undo itself. The water resistance is pretty poor as well; I fell into some snow on a slippery day back in January and when I had returned indoors there was condensation underneath the glass face. It spent a week in a bag of rice on a furnace.

It does look great though, which is what is mostly important.
on May 16, 2012
I'm a big fan of this watch. The design is classic, elegant, and it looks many times more expensive than what it is priced at. It's a very slim and lightweight watch. I was looking for a watch I could wear daily and not worry about scratching - this fit the bill perfectly. I do own more expensive watches, but whenever I'm moving heavy equipment around at work or reaching in tight areas, I always had to take my watch off. Scratching up an expensive watch accidentally can be a sickening experience. This one I'm not worried about since it is so inexpensive. This is a much more refined alternative to something like a Timex Easy Reader. If you are looking for an elegant watch at an excellent price, look no further, this is the one!