Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Color: Walnut|Change

VINE VOICEon November 1, 2012
We wanted a clock for our large mantel, which is in a living room with a lot of cherry-colored wood. This fit the bill, and I have to say, it is quite aesthetically pleasing, and the wood case masks the ticking sound quite well. The wood feels real and solid, though the back of the "movement" is just a round, black, plastic cover.

I say "movement" because the actual guts of the clock are the same cheap AA-operated clocks, mass produced in China (not that there's anything wrong with that), that you can find in a five dollar plastic wall clock from Ikea or Walgreens.

So you should just know that for the price being paid, you are not buying some sort of delicate, hand-crafted, old world piece of good solid technology. You are getting a cheapie mass produced timepiece in a nice looking case.

At the price, I don't think that's all that bad.

By the way, the measurements are 6"x8.25"x2" H/W/D. I haven't seen this info anywhere on Amazon. So don't expect a huge clock.
on January 16, 2011
This clock looks even better in person than online. It is not a toy, although I had to rate it as one for some reason, but a real live clock. We have had old Mission-type furniture for many years, and this fits right in with the real pieces. We are really pleased with it. You cannot do better than this at the price if this is to your taste.
on April 25, 2012
We got this clock for our living room, and it is perfect! Clean lines, warm wood case, and a parchment-colored dial make this a very classy addition to our living space. The ticking is subtle, not overwhelmingly loud. Nice build quality, and it keeps perfect time.
on July 10, 2013
I wanted a narrow mantel clock above the fireplace, easy to read from 15-20 feet, and not too big. This clock does the trick. Keeps perfect time. If anything happens to it, we aren't out much. It looks like a more expensive clock, although up close no mistaking it as antique nor collectable. Very pleased with looks and function.
on April 4, 2014
This clock features a simple, classic style that will work with a variety of interior design schemes. At 5.75" tall x 8" wide, it can serve as a slightly undersized mantel clock.

The quiet (hushed 'tick-tock', no alarm or chimes) movement inside is identical to the junky, battery operated wall clock in our home office. It keeps time accurately enough; not varying after two weeks with a fresh AA battery.

The attractive 'wood' case is made from MDF; the SPAM of the wood products industry. (Some advertising pitchmen describe the stuff as "sturdy fiberboard" because it's dense and heavy, though is really just wood 'flour' and glue. Don't ever get it wet, or it will disfigure, swell, and turn to mush.) Nice imitation woodgrain staining job, though... Looks good on the shelf next to our equally fake 'van Erp mica' accent lamp.

As are seemingly 99.44 % of currently manufactured items, it's "Made in China". (At least they didn't disfigure it by stamping that ubiquitous fact across its face...)

Basically, it's fifty bucks for a handsome bezel with a curiously erroneous Roman numeral. (I thought 'IV' stands for '4', not 'IIII' ?)
44 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2013
Just wish it was a little bit bigger. Its a little small to use as a mantel clock and for some reason all mantel clocks are running smaller than I'd expect. But I love the retro style and colors on this clock. Its no fine machine just a simple clock mechanism you'd find on most cheap clocks but the body of this one definitely keeps it from looking cheap. It would have gotten 5 stars if it had just been an inch to 2 inches bigger all around (height and width).
on November 17, 2015
Many people commented that is quite but I do not think so. I understand that expectations are different in terms of its sound but I hvae another seiko that does not have second ticks, it is very quite. This is not comparable to that. In terms of look, I like it. If you cant tolerate second ticks, dont get it. I retuned it.
on January 13, 2013
The clock actually looks better than i the photo, is a very nice addition to our living room - and, as it was a gift for my wife and she loves it, I could not be more pleased.
on September 9, 2012
The clock itself (wooden enclosure, face, glass), is very luxury made and looks awesome. However, there are two major disadvantages:

1. The roman digits around the clock face are painted with bronze tone mimicking paint, but, it easilly can be seen that it is not real "gold", and looks cheap.

2. The movement mechanism itself is the same one, that you will get in $1 clock, with it's advantages and disadvantages.
on June 28, 2013
This little gem sits on a shelf above my fireplace and looks classy. I also like the white face behind the black hands which means I can read the time even in a dim light. It keeps great time. I just love looking at this pretty clock