5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, July 4, 2012
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96A122 BVA Dual aperture dial Watch (Watch)
This is my 5th Bulova watch, and I was looking for a diferent kind of watch, so I decided for a mechanical one, with a white dial (with little squares texture) and a square shape. This one is very elegant and has a modern look, big enough to be noticed, but not so much, keeps time very well while you are using it (its an automatic), the dual aperture window in the face let you see inside the mechanical of the watch, wich is a very cool feature. Has a nice shinny bracelet and that catches the atention of every one. I am very pleased with this purchase, so I really recomend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but not sure about charge reserve, August 30, 2012
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96A122 BVA Dual aperture dial Watch (Watch)
I picked this up on sale at a great bargain at a store in Katy mills mall yesterday. Got it for 277 incl tax.
Here's the Good:
1. Very attractive, and shiny case and band.
2. Concealed, and seemingly sturdy clasp.
3. See through concept is wicked.
4. Large but not overly so, making for a striking piece.
5. The wind up rotor in the back has an acceleration feature where when you spin the watch to charge, the rotor continues spinning fast for a few seconds. This should assist with faster charging, I guess.

Here's the not so good:
1. The luminescence is not great during the night. I had it under a fluorescent reading light for about 30-45 mins and then wore it to bed. In less than a couple hours later, the lume was barely noticeable in the dark. By early morning (about 4am) I couldn't see sh!t in a very dark room.

2. Poor reserve life? Might be too early to confirm this, but....Even though I slept with it, I woke up at about 7.20am (after my alarm clock went off about three times), only to notice the watch had stopped at about 7am! I've had a Seiko Kinetic Sports 50 since about 1993, and at full charge, it only holds about ~12 days of reserve. I rarely wear it, so often the reserve runs out, and I have to keep re-setting it, and it is a bit of pain to reset the day and date in the right order. I told myself I would never buy another "automatic" watch. Well I ate those words yesterday. With this Bulova, it doesn't carry the day or date - so at least it's not a pain to re-set if it dies. I will see if I can charge it up with about 30 mins of winding, and observe how much charge it holds.

3. It is only just "Water Resistant" rated so I'm very skeptical about it getting wet. I don't plan to go swimming with it, but I am wary of water ingress like if I'm washing my hands, or it gets wet in the rain or similar.

4. Doesn't have a date readout. This is a good and a bad. The date is usually a convenient thing to have, but at least I don't have to worry about having to set the date if the charge runs out due to lack of use.

Overall 3-1/2 stars so far. Like I said - I've only had it for a day (and I didn't wear it to work either). I will update this review in time if I notice anything different that what I have here.

Edit: 30Nov2012. After three months of ownership I can only manage to raise my rating by half a star. The primary reason is this: If I pick it up from a dead state and give 'em 3-4 knocks on my palm to wind it up - it keeps going all day long without missing a beat, and then retains about 1-2 days of reserve if I don't wear it. So my former "con" of low reserve life is not so much of a bad thing. Other than that, I've receive some compliments on the look of it as well. Although the band has picked up some fine scratches as a result of me resting my hand on tables, etc., and there is a tiny scratch on the face already! :@ I don't know where I knocked it, but my advice to all is to be very careful with it. I also notice the price on Amazon has come down substantially since I bought it at a retail store.At the Amazon price - it's a great buy - but be careful how you treat it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96A122 BVA Dual aperture dial Watch (Watch)
It's a beautiful watch, pity though that as soon as I bought it from Amazon I could buy it cheaper from other suppliers advertising on Amazon! I feel cheated! The watch is very nice and I will definitely buy Bulova again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional watch, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96A122 BVA Dual aperture dial Watch (Watch)
I really like this watch for its quality and fit. Gets noticed and really love the automatic feature of self winding. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10th year anniversary gift, July 24, 2013
Happy camper (Ventura, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96A122 BVA Dual aperture dial Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch for my husband for our 10th anniversary...he loved it! The item arrived right on schedule too.

4.0 out of 5 stars this is an amazing bulova watch, October 3, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96A122 BVA Dual aperture dial Watch (Watch)
What they said above is true...this is an amazing bulova watch ,is very elegant, and it looks way better than the picture...!!! This is my 2nd bulova watch and I really like this one..!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch brand new for a third the price as ..., November 26, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96A122 BVA Dual aperture dial Watch (Watch)
Great watch brand new for a third the price as the mall. This is my third Bulova watch I've owned and I'm happy to not of paid $500+, would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hubby will love it!, December 6, 2014
This review is from: Bulova Men's 96A122 BVA Dual aperture dial Watch (Watch)
Sharp looking watch for sure. Hubby will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 15, 2014