Bulova Women's 98P123 BVA Series Heart Aperture Dial Watch
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Self winding Mechanical movement
- White Mother-Of-Pearl 10 diamond dial
- Stainless steel case and bracelet
- Flat mineral crystal
- Water resistant to 99 feet (30 M): withstands rain and splashes of water, but not showering or submersion
A delicate heart-shaped dial aperture distinguishes this BVA-Series self winding mechanical, which includes a 10 diamond white mother of pearl dial and a clear exhibition caseback. Gold tone case and bracelet accents bring together this charming mix of technology and style. She will love this battery free eco-friendly Bulova.
A delicate heart-shaped dial aperture distinguishes this BVA-Series self winding mechanical Bulova, which includes a 10 diamond white mother of pearl dial and a clear exhibition caseback. Gold tone case and bracelet accents bring together this charming mix of technology and style. She will love this battery-free Bulova.See all Product Description
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 6 x 7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces
- ASIN: B004I5CR6S
- Item model number: 98P123
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 18, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Bulova|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||34 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||10 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless steel|
|Band length||Women's Standard|
|Band width||18 millimeters|
|Dial color||Mother of pearl|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Special features||Water Resistant|
|Item weight||4.96 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||99 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
Some points that may not be clear from the pictures and descriptions on-line:
1. The gold-colored parts are a polished finish, The stainless steel parts are a brushed finish, so the effect is to make the gold more sparkly. It looks very nice.
2. They mother of pearl face looks really great, with subtle color and brightness variations that do not interfere with reading the time.
3. There is no lume on this watch. (No glow in the dark). The hour and minute hands are open loops, so it may look like the watch has lume, but not so.
4. The second hand does not hack. That is, when setting the time, the second hand keeps going, so you can't synchronize this watch to a precise time signal, or other watches in your platoon.
5. Adjusting the watchband requires a visit to a watch shop, or tools available on Amazon, to remove links. There is no fine-adjustment of less than a link because of the hidden closure scheme.
BUT...it is always slow. I know it winds itself through motion. I'm not a manual laborer or anything, but I move around quite a bit in a day. So it should keep time. No matter how attractive the timepiece, if it doesn't keep time accurately, what's the point?
It also comes with a conflict-free diamond certification from Bulova.
I personally am 5' 8" and 145lbs and I do not find this watch to have too large a face or to be manly. My mother, who is 5' 4', could not wear it. It is also fairly heavy compared to other watches.
The second hand does not make the typical ticking motion, rather has what seems to be 5 tiny ticks which appear to make it flow smoothly around the watch face. This looks quite nice but may make timing in the 0-60s range difficult.
Lastly, the band comes quite big (approx 6-7 inches).
Price: B 1/2+
Convience & Setup: B+
Overall: B 1/2+
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Terrific automatic watch. As long as you know this is an automatic and can live with losing (or gaining) a little time across a long period and the need to keep it moving if you... Read morePublished 29 days ago by Betty Y.
Don' like clasp, it is difficult to squeeze both top and bottom at the same time and get it to hook in and stay closed.Published 15 months ago by Finn
Love this Bulova. The hearts give it some whimsy while the classic two-tone gold and silver work with any outfit and jewellry. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Rebecca S.
defective watch. the watch did not keep time and kept stopping. the watch repair said it was defective. amazon took care of mePublished on December 7, 2013 by Stanley A. Cooper
I am using this watch daily and some evening events. Great to match any outfit. You will need to wind it if you have not worn for 2-3 days.Published on November 11, 2013 by Who else
I returned it because it was a HUGE pain to deal with. Self-winding is not consistent. And the watch is much larger in person.Published on October 7, 2013 by babygreens
I really like the two tone metal. I wear this watch the most . The heart makes it sweet and feminine.Published on July 22, 2013 by buttaflyjc