Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 7, 2011
Note: This review is about the shampoo and conditioner used together, as they are made to work together and should not be used separately.

This is an excellent product, smells nice (other violet shampoos tend to small awful), leaves the hair silky soft and shiny, and gets rid of brassy yellow. I have dark blond hair going gray, with very cool blond highlights and lowlights added to keep the color nice and blend the grays in. But blond highlights turn brassy yellow in time even with the best shampoos/conditioners (I use Pureology), look awful next to the grays, and really make the grays and the roots stand out. So my colorist suggested I use a violet shampoo once every week or so to keep things cool and blended.

I was using Joico violet shampoo, available at my local Ulta, did the color well but was a little harsh, left my straight, silky hair a little frizzy and dull-looking. So I decided to look around for something better, came across this Bumble and Bumble product. Don't usually like B&B products as they're a bit heavy for my fine hair, but this Color Support is the exception, a perfect weight that really leaves my hair nice and smooth. It gets rid of brassiness, blends the blond and grays together nicely, and also blends the roots in so I don't need to have it colored as frequently. It's recommended to use it every other shampoo, but I've used it every third shampoo so far and it has worked fine, may try for once every week or two like I did with the Joico, as I don't need a lot of correction.

Violet shampoo in general is great if you have light blond, graying, or gray hair that tends to look yellowish or dull. It brightens light blonds and grays, gets rid of yellowish gray, blends blond and gray together, and helps blend in roots if your hair is colored. Just be judicious in how long you leave it in or how often you use it - a little too long, or used too often, can make your hair look blueish.

NOTE: This B&B shampoo MUST be used together with the matching Color Correct conditioner or you will not have the intended effect, as they are made to work together. Do not buy either the shampoo or the conditioner alone - you'll be wasting your money and wind up with bad hair!
on May 20, 2009
This shampoo is wonderful, tones down brassiness & brings out highlights & with the conditioner amazing shine!!!
on May 17, 2008
Great shampoo for white and gray hair - creates sparkles! Turns gray to silver. As for me, I'm not ready for white, gray or silver - I use B&B for warm brunettes...
on April 3, 2014
Love this shampoo. It is cheaper on here and ships quickly. The shampoo really enhances your color, especially of highlights.
on November 7, 2014